Avenged Sevenfold is a better heavy metal/hardcore band than (opponent's choice)
Debate Rounds (4)
The standards that should weigh this round are:
3.staying power proportionate to the time they've been on the scene.
4. the intenisty of influence on the genre
just for fun kinda thing, i am a huge A7X fan, so i figured id test my own ability to defend that veiw.
1. Iron Maiden's musical style is best defined by the fast and intense intrumentation and powerful vocals of "The Number of the Beast" but "A Matter of Life and Death" features soft vocals and acoustic instruments.
2. Trivium singer Matt Heafy said, "Iron Maiden helped create what we know as heavy metal." They defined the new wave of British heavy metal.
3. Iron Maiden was started 36 years ago and recently released it's fifteenth studio album, "Final Frontier," which has had the best chart success of any of their studio albums.
4. Metallica, Trivium, and Slayer all attribute their existence to Iron Maiden.
M Shadows of Avenged Sevenfold said, "Maiden are by far the best live band in the world and their music is timeless."
The video is Paschendale, my favorite Iron Maiden song.
gabeXcore forfeited this round.
2.( against arguments 2, 3, and 4) Avenged was started ten years ago and made it to the top in 05, and are still one of the mainstays of heavy metal today. "The band themselves have received much credit for their worldwide mainstream success and and were most notably proclaimed as one of the leaders and key bands in the New Wave of American Heavy Metal and featured in second place on Ultimate Guitar's Top Ten Bands of the Decade. It took Avenged five years to gain fame. For example, their newest album which has only been out eight months and has just recently attained Gold as well as being voted as the best metal album of the year by Revolver, over Iron Maidens 'Final Frontier'.http://www.nocleansinging.com... and while all those bands attribute their existence to maiden, Avenged has been around for ten years and is experiencing an equal, if not greater amount of fame and recognition
2. The New Wave of American Heavy Metal is of course named in reference to the New Wave of British Heavy Metal, a movement in which Iron Maiden was central. Avanged Sevenfold has cited Iron Maiden as an influence, and Avenged Sevenfold emerged late in the NWOAHM movement.
3. Iron Maiden has existed for more than three times as long as Avenged Sevenfold and the only time that Avenged Sevenfold surpassed Iron Maiden in Google popularity was when their drummer died.
4. Iron Maiden influenced many of the biggest metal bands in history. Avenged Sevenfold is a late edition to a movement named in reference to what Iron Maiden achieved over a decade before. The difference in influence is clear.
gabeXcore forfeited this round.
1 votes has been placed for this debate.
Vote Placed by Freeman 5 years ago
|Agreed with before the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Agreed with after the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Who had better conduct:||-||-||1 point|
|Had better spelling and grammar:||-||-||1 point|
|Made more convincing arguments:||-||-||3 points|
|Used the most reliable sources:||-||-||2 points|
|Total points awarded:||0||6|
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct to Con for forfeit. Though it is a subjective debate, Pro still managed to defend his side better.
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.