Patrykh
missrish001

Avengers (pro) vs Avengers 2 (con)

Patrykh

Con

Avengers vs avengers which movie is better in general. I will argue for the second movie.

BoP: Shared. I will have to provide reasons why avengers 2 is better. My opponent will have to provide reasons why avengers 1 is better.

Round 1: Acceptance+ opening statement. No arguments yet.
Round 2: Main Arguments
Round 3+4: More arguments + Rebuttals
Round 5: Closing statement

Rules:
-No name calling.
-No offensive language.
-Max 3000 characters per round.
-No one is allowed to help anyone in the comment section.

Opening statement:
I would like to thank my opponent whoever he will be for accepting the challenge. My plan is to provide reasons why Avengers 2 is better than Avengers 1 in round 2. In round 3 I will provide reasons that Avengers 1 isn't as good as Avengers 2. In round 4 I will counter argue my opponents arguments. In round 5 I will share my conclusion.

If there are any changes my opponent would like to make please tell me in round 1. There will be no changes after the debate has started.
missrish001

Pro

First Avenger 2 has your same cool kicking team with two other characters to join the squad - Scarlet Witch and the vision, and Quicksilver.

I've noticed that avengers 1 was all punch and kick and didn't really put some action in most scenes.With Quicksilver's speed, Vision's intangibility, and Scarlet Witch's magic it would make Hulk's smashing scenario look dull.

I know the director is the same in both avenger movies but since this will be his last film project of the film franchise "the Avengers". As you could see with your own eyes Mr. Whedon's last avenger film really put us to the edge of our seats so it means he step up his game since the last one.

I'd think that avengers 2 would start something big in the Marvel Industry. Introducing us to numerous new characters. This will marked by "Avengers 2: Age of Ultron".Soon it has to be big and bombastic to mark the occasion.

It surpassed fast and furious 7 in the box office making it one of the big films in 2015.It was on 8th place for most grossing movie of the world all time over 1.1 billion dollars of receive receipts.

Also Ultron is a way better villain than Loki.
Patrykh

Con

Thank you for accepting the challenge however I think my opponent is a bit confused. He was supposed to defend Avengers 1 while he is helping me. I shall continue to bring up more points to support my side:

1) Avengers Age of Ultron has the most visual effects out of all Marvel movies so far. It will have more than 3000 visual effects (VFX) shots. In comparison Captain America Winter Soldier only had 2500 (VFX) shots while Guardians of the Galaxy had 2750(VFX) shots. Avengers 2 is more visually pleasant than any Marvel movie we have seen so far.

Sources: http://www.cinemablend.com...

2) As my opponent said there are new characters introduced and they are really interesting characters. It was really fun to see the twins mess up with Avengers' minds which lead the Hulkbuster scene which was in my opinion the best fight scene out of all the Marvel movies. Vision has also made a stunning entry. He has a very calm personality and he is especially powerful. The scene with Ultron talking with Vision was brilliant. In general the character of Vision was brilliantly presented.
Ultron himself had pretty interesting abilities. His plan was one of those plans that almost worked. He had a pretty interesting sense of humor. In general he reminded us of the terminator movies. I'm not going to argue about whether or not he is a better villain than Loki. Nonetheless he did give Avengers a hard time.

3) The movie didn't need to waste time on introducing the characters or assembling the team (which wasted about half an hour of the first Avengers movie). The movie had time for more action scenes. When the action kicked off we had a fight scene after fight scene. The final scene was about half an hour long filled with lots of action. Ask yourself is this a bad thing?

4) We found out new things about characters. We have discovered that Hawkeye has a family and he cares for them. That makes him more than just a guy no one cares about in Avengers one. We discover black widow's past. That makes her character more interesting as we now feel that we understand her more.

5) There was more chemistry between the characters. It was i interesting to see how characters interacted with other characters. There are many examples of it in the movie such as the romantic relationship between Bruce and Natasha. The movie gave us the opportunity to compare both characters and see how much they have in common. Conflict grows between Tony and Steve as they fight during the scene with Vision. In general Iron Man can be blamed for everything in the movie and I see why Captain America would react the way he did. It was a nice set up for Captain America Civil War where the conflict is gonna grow further.

Last thing: unlike other marvel movies you can't complain that no one died this time.

Thank you for your attention and I hope my opponent will not make the same mistake of defending my side
missrish001

Pro

missrish001 forfeited this round.
Patrykh

Con

My opponnt has forfeited the previous round so I'll skip this round to give him a chance.
missrish001

Pro

missrish001 forfeited this round.
Patrykh

Con

He forfeited again
missrish001

Pro

missrish001 forfeited this round.
Patrykh

Con

Patrykh forfeited this round.
missrish001

Pro

missrish001 forfeited this round.