L3gitSkillz
alanyuen

BIRT that students and parents should have the final say for food sold to students in school

alanyuen

L3gitSkillz

Con

My name is Carter Huang, and today I'd like to state why Be it Resolved That students and parents should have the final say for food sold to students in school must fall. Students have been clearly eating more and more junk food over the past few years, and that is obviously an effect caused by influence from the parent council. The parent council as we all know has given the schools their opinions for further advancement to the school's features, activities, utilities, and actions. The students will have an influence to their mother's and father's, therefore posing a greater chance of junk food being bought. Of course most parent's are responsible, and will limit the what the student will eat in their everyday diet, but what I am focusing on is the irresponsible parents who pose an even greater threat the the student's health and well-being. As stated by www.stanford.edu/~dement/rhythmove.html, a disease called Rhythmic movement disorder has caused much frustration among many people, including adults and more importantly, children. This disease results in uncontrolled movement of large muscles such as the head and neck, which is a danger in many cases. While driving, teens the age of 14 that are driving (As stated by Alberta law) may suffer from this disease. This is a form of "OCD" and poses a threat to both the driver and other drivers. The disease is triggered by stress, which directly relates to the diet of the client which suffers this disease. The diet is mainly fat, oils, and sodium, which are all prominent in carbonated drinks, fast food burgers, fries, and other foods you thought were good. The problem with this lies directly in the clients decision, which is influenced by friends, family, and themselves. The schools that offer fast food, junk food, and other unhealthy foods, pose a health risk to all these students which are more than likely to become obese. Obesity is a very common disease in America, and the rate of which people are becoming obese is exponentially rising. This is due also to the person's diet, and lies in mainly kids from this generation as food is becoming more affordable and is becoming more and more tastier with the invention of artificial products. The school districts have a better understanding of these health risks as they teach it in their curriculum, and therefore allow students to have a safer future with the food they consume. The parents may not be as wise, and this is why I believe that Be it Resolved That students and parents should have the final say for food sold to students in school must fall!
alanyuen

Pro

Hello!

I understand what you're trying to argue, but what am I suppose to argue? Do students and parents really have the final say for the kind of food and beverages that are sold on campus? If so, please post a link for me to read about it, because it seems like a one sided argument at the moment. I don't think anyone but the schools themselves will argue that junk food should be sold on campus and usually their motives are for financial reasons.

I hope you can clarify some of my confusions! Thanks!
L3gitSkillz

Con

Hello Alan.

The purpose of this debate will be that the resolution "students and parents should have the final say for the food sold to students in school". You are arguing that the above resolution must stay, and state that students and parents SHOULD have the final say for the food sold to students in school. I on the other hand, is considering the school to decide the food students should be allowed to purchase. There is really no link for this debate, this is simply your opinion on the food in which the school sells. By your own experiences in school, please argue FOR the SCHOOL, as it is what your position currently is.

I hope this clarifies your confusions!
alanyuen

Pro

I'm still confused. You stated: "You are arguing that the above resolution must stay, and state that students and parents SHOULD have the final say for the food sold to students in school." Based on that statement, I'm going to assume you want me to argue for students and parents, but as a conclusion, you tell me to "argue FOR the SCHOOL". I do not understand what you want me to argue.
L3gitSkillz

Con

The school. "You" literally means YOU.
alanyuen

Pro

Sorry, but your argument and debate is intrinsically flawed, which is apparent in your attempt to clarify my confusion.

These are your words:
"You are arguing that the above resolution must stay, and state that students and parents SHOULD have the final say for the food sold to students in school."
You're telling me to argue that students and parents SHOULD have the final say for the food sold to students in school.
"...please argue FOR the SCHOOL..."
Now, you're telling me to argue for the school.

Now the opposing sides of this debate are the students/parents and the school.
I can't argue for both sides at the same time.
Vote Placed by The_Master_Riddler 4 years ago
The_Master_Riddler
L3gitSkillzalanyuenTied
Reasons for voting decision: resolution no matches debate