mandorangerwolf777
DNehlsen

Babtism is necessary for salvation

DNehlsen has forfeited round #2.

mandorangerwolf777

Pro

Hello. In this debate we will have five rounds,
1. Acceptance
2. Arguments
3. Rebuttals/arguments
4. rebuttals/arguments
5. closing remarks

Good luck to whoever accepts!
DNehlsen

Con

I accept this challenge and look forward to a fruitful and productive discussion.
mandorangerwolf777

Pro

Acts 2:37-38 says "When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and asked Peter and the other apostles, "Brothers, what shall we do?" Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."

This is what Peter said at the Day of Pentecost after he and the other disciples received the gift of the holy spirit. When the people listening wanted to fix what they did wrong, Peter responded with "Repent and be Baptized." He did not say, 'Repent and if you want to be baptized because it looks good.' In fact, God is rather against doing things for public recognition. In Mathew 6:1 Jesus says "Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven." So it stands to reason that there would not be an act whose purpose was to show the world what you believed specifically taught in the bible to new Christians.

Then we have the issue of 'Death bed confessions'. I believe, that God is just and merciful, and if he chooses to make an exception to the general rule, he can.
Posted by mandorangerwolf777 8 months ago
mandorangerwolf777
Yes, I did. Sorry. Spelling is not my forte.
And anything is acceptable, as long as it applies.
Posted by DNehlsen 8 months ago
DNehlsen
Before I accept I need to know a few things

1) I assume you meant Baptism - correct?
2) Is this debate scripture exclusive or will other texts be allowed?