VizualBandit
nevedarkwolf

Back to Old Era Gaming?

Started: 1/17/2014 Category: Games

VizualBandit

Pro

The Format of this Debate can be anything you wish.

Well. it seems these days, everyone is either interested in Call of Duty or Battlefield, Playstation or Xbox, and of course the infamous Beats or BOSE headphones. However I didn't ask for a Playstation nor Xbox, Call of Duty nor Battlefield, nor BOSE (Headphones aside) I asked for a Super Nintendo, and I got one. But this took me to a whole new world. the game didn't tell you what to do, there was no cutscenes that took a snooze and a half, there was only the game, and you had to learn the game by yourself. Not with some dot telling you up in the right corner of the screen to destroy that truck. And it got me thinking maybe we should just keep games simple then challenging, OR just go back to the old-age of gaming and start over so that we can have classics again and not another 'boring' sequel.

The game that took me back to the old age: Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
nevedarkwolf

Con

Old era gaming, as everything else, was once new. Your Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest was asked by the youth as their Christmas/Birthday present. Sadly though in the video game industry of today, games are not as simple or as plain as your single platform game you have brought up. With today's codes and programming at it's finest, we have the ability to add a realistic parallel to our lives which is in fact, these new games. The "cut scenes" you look down on have added a story-line to games. Drama and Emotions revealed that would be unthinkable in your old era games. why would we de-evolve our gaming industry for something that is less. Games are chosen by the challenger, there fore the challenge is necessary to make it a game, otherwise we would be playing nothing.
VizualBandit

Pro

VizualBandit forfeited this round.
nevedarkwolf

Con

nevedarkwolf forfeited this round.
VizualBandit

Pro

VizualBandit forfeited this round.
nevedarkwolf

Con

nevedarkwolf forfeited this round.