momdad702
Brian314

Bacon is the best food ever.

Brian314

momdad702

Pro

It's juicy and greasy. It's amazing. It's Heaven on earth. Enough said.
Brian314

Con

I thank my opponent for the debate.

As my opponent has the burden of proof as Instigator, she must prove that bacon is indeed the best food ever, my job is to disprove her statements and show that bacon is not the best food ever.

My opponent claims that bacon is the "best food ever", and talks about its juiciness and greasiness, disregarding the fact that there are other juicy and greasy foods, including pizza and french fries[1]. She then talks about its amazingness and it being Heaven on earth, giving no evidence to support her reasoning.

I assume that my opponent will be giving more detailed arguments in the next round, so I await her response.

[1] http://www.livestrong.com...
momdad702

Pro

Bacon is made by pigs. Pigs are very cool animals. They may roll in mud but that is just to cool of. It is like us going to the pool. The pig is killed and made into meat which includes bacon. There is also different kinds of bacon so everyone will find something they like. There is even veggie bacon for vegetarians to eat. For people who don't like to eat food made from pigs they can have turkey bacon. As you can see there is something for everyone in this 5 letter delicious word (the word is bacon).
Brian314

Con

My opponent begins by discussing the process in which bacon is made, giving no reason as to why that should indicate that bacon is the "best food ever". My opponent indicates the different kinds of bacon, so that everyone will find a food that they like. However, regardless of the type of bacon, if a person doesn't like bacon, they won't like the choices. If a person doesn't like to eat eggs, for example, regardless of whether the eggs are scrambled or hard-boiled, they still will not like eggs.

Essentially, my opponent is saying that with "bacon", there is "something for everyone". However, with bacon, there is absolutely nothing for those who are concerned with health. My opponent mentioned bacon grease in the first round. Bacon grease has 38 calories per teaspoon, and composed almost entirely of fat without any other nutrients[1]. There are a large number of health consequences as a result of excessive fat, including obesity[2]. Therefore, as bacon has very little nutritional value, and has nothing for those that want to be healthy, bacon is not the "best food ever".

[1] http://nutritiondata.self.com...
[2] http://www.who.int...
momdad702

Pro

momdad702 forfeited this round.
Brian314

Con

As my opponent has forfeited this round, I ask that you please vote Con.
Vote Placed by Cliff.Stamp 5 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
momdad702Brian314Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con would have taken this with the BoP, pigs are cool - what?
Vote Placed by quarterexchange 5 years ago
quarterexchange
momdad702Brian314Tied
Reasons for voting decision: forfeit