WrathofGod
blackblaze241

Bags of Funyuns should have more Funyuns in the bag.

WrathofGod

Pro

1. This wouldn't fly with other snack foods.
I just can't imagine ever feeling happy about purchasing a bag of Oreos and upon opening it discovering that only 2 1/2 of the 5 sleeves are filled with cookies. We put with it from Frito Lay because we assume there is some purpose for the half empty bag, but I will show that there is not.

2. The half-empty bag only serves to raise the price, it doesn't preserve the chips.
The air in the bag is not part the preservation process. While some argue that the gas in the bag is in actually nitrogen, which as an inert gas assists in preserving the chips from the oxygen outside of the bag, this makes no sense. The chips are protected by the vacuum seal, which doesn't require the internal nitrogen (if that is even what it is). Further you don't need the gas to cushion the chips, as this is unnecessary with other brittle snack foods and they do just fine (see pretzels, cookies, etc).
blackblaze241

Con

I ACCEPT!!!

and for my first argument i shall say this. first off if there were more chips in the bag that will probably bring the price up insanely much. so instead of one dollar for the small bag of funyuns it would become a dollar-fifty just for a few more chips.

second by having the back half full it makes it taste better, let me explain.
if someone gave you a bucket of vanilla icecream at first you would think its delicious but after a bunch of it, it would lose its taste.

seeing as theres no more time this is goodbye
WrathofGod

Pro

1. As it stands we pay (let's say) $3.00 for half a bag of mass produced corn chip rings. A gallon of gasoline is $3.50. I think they owe us the other half of that bag for the price we already pay.

2. Your argument about a food losing it's taste after a while is meaningless. If you don't enjoy your ice cream, you put it back in the fridge, you don't gladly pay more for less. Put away the Funyuns when you are sick of them, at least if there is a full bag you will have some when you want them again.

3. My opponent has no good reason for the wasted chip real estate in each bag of Funyuns, therefore Pro's point is made that the wasted space should be filled with chips. Even if this raises the price incrementally, it's just more efficient.

4.
I predict that my opponent will forfeit the 2nd and 3rd rounds in recognition of my triumph. If this comes to pass, there can be no alternative to voting Pro.
blackblaze241

Con

blackblaze241 forfeited this round.
WrathofGod

Pro

That's what I thought. Vote PRO.
blackblaze241

Con

blackblaze241 forfeited this round.
Posted by blackblaze241 5 years ago
blackblaze241
i am crying my eyes out because i had no time to respond during school
oh woe is me T.T
however i think we can come to one conclusion...
funyuns are the best chips in the world!