MasturDbtor
Aceviper2011

Ban Handguns And Replace Them With Tasers

MasturDbtor

Pro

Tasers are designed not to kill but to subdue and subduing an attacker is the only legitimate reason for using either a taser or a handgun.

So, it's a no-brainer. Ban the handguns, legalize civilian possession, and self-defense use of tasers. There is no reason why someone who just wants to defend themselves must have a generally lethal weapon on hand. A generally nonlethal weapon would suffice.

We would see violent crime drop, while all those cases that gun control opponents cite of self-defense with a gun would be replaced with cases of self-defense with a taser.

This should include a gun buy back program and if the market value of the taser is higher then the difference should be paid to the person in addition to what they would normally get for giving up their gun.
Aceviper2011

Con

This is my opening argument, this shall be a real short opening argument to why the claims you say that tasers are not a lethal weapon. Opening argument will say that yes handguns are lethal, but tasers are also lethal as well, which in my next round I will produce evidence, and facts, as for my final argument ill produce you with closing conclusions and sources were I found such evidence and facts that will be introduce in this debate case. There will be evidence produce on why Handguns shouldn't be banned. As a closing thought to this round I wish my opponent good luck, also introduce more facts on why guns should be banned not just from own personal judgement, which is not a bad thing but for my arguments I need to understand and conclude in a debate on facts and reasons not based on personal judgement calls on why handguns are banned and replace with tasers.

Thanks for this opportunity to debate this subject with you.
MasturDbtor

Pro

MasturDbtor forfeited this round.
Aceviper2011

Con

I asked my opponent to give me hard facts on why handguns should be banned which he has failed to do so. He stated that tasers are designed not to kill but to subdue. When evidence shown tasers killing 800+ people, not only that tasers causes heart problems, seizures, etc... Handguns they shouldn't be banned for reasons such as protection, say you got a tasers, say you are about to be mugged or shot by a person or people who bought a handgun in the black market, so holding it illegally, your only option is what since they banned handguns to tasers them to death when tasers only travel 15 ft. And a gun travels further, I personally think you'd choose a handgun in that situation. Also lets say if someone had a handgun, this guy came in to a school with kids or anywhere. The guy or girl started shooting everyone and everything, civilians have a chance to save lives by using there handgun. Also you have to worry about gangs knowing they can get handguns and since they are ban all other people have are tasers making it easier for gangs to do there job. Not only that they will over run the bad people, why if all people have to get rid of guns then cops would have to get rid of them too there's no double standard in this. The main thing why we shouldn't ban handguns or guns is just in case we get invaded by another country how we going to protect ourselves tase them to death lol. Also if handguns get banned they will be violating our most important constitutional right. "right to bare arms".

Lets see if my opponent will reply to this debate, this is just the beginning so I'm giving the benefit of the doubt to come back hard, my next argument I will counter act anything you say. Good luck
MasturDbtor

Pro

MasturDbtor forfeited this round.
Aceviper2011

Con

Aceviper2011 forfeited this round.
MasturDbtor

Pro

I gave up. Vote for con. I read some information that changed my mind.
Aceviper2011

Con

thanks for the debate. my opponent gave me the win so vote con. and i thank him for this challenge
MasturDbtor

Pro

MasturDbtor forfeited this round.
Aceviper2011

Con

Arguments expand