TheSideSpectator
Pooopie

Ban the consumption of dog meat in countries that have citizens consume dog meat.

TheSideSpectator

TheSideSpectator

Con

Hello. This is a debate between me and my friend.
This particular debate is about consumption of dog meat within China and whether or not it should happen.
I am for Con, meaning, I am against the particular statement
My friend will be for Pro, promoting the statement.
There are a total of 5 rounds.
I wish my opponent to present to me logical sounding and rational arguments rather than those that incorporate personal preferences, such as personal opinions.

I hope you will judge fairly, and will base your judgement based on our arguments, not because of your, or others, opinions
Pooopie

Pro

Hi everyone,

I am the friend of his and I would like to accept this debate. (I will present to him of my logical sounding and rational arguments rather than those that incorporate personal preferences, such as personal opinions.)

I hope you will judge fairly, and will base your judgement based on our arguments, not because of your, or others, opinions.
TheSideSpectator

Con

I think we should not ban the consumption of dog meat in countries because of personal opinions. We should tolerate and accept each country's own unique diverse culture and tradition. Other people should not interfere or judge another country's tradition or culture because of our own country's tradition and cultures.
Therefore, I believe that we should we not interfere and stop the consumption of dog meat in certain countries.
Pooopie

Pro

I think we should ban the consumption of dog meat in countries that have citizens consume dog meat. There are about 11 countries around the world that allow the consumption of dog meat. Compared to the rest of the world, they are
*outnumbered*. Con stating that "We should tolerate and accept each country's own unique diverse culture and tradition." means that the countries that allow eating dog meat should accept and tolerate the countries that ban eating dog meat, they should be acceptive. That is why I think we should ban the consumption of dog meat.
TheSideSpectator

Con

First, allow me to correct Pro's statement "the countries that allow eating dog meat should accept and tolerate the countries that ban eating dog meat (or have citizens consuming dog meat), they should be acceptive." This is, without a doubt, a misunderstanding. We are not tackling the problem of whether or not we should respect a country's opinion to ban the consumption of dog meat in their country, but instead, the act of banning consumption of dog meat in other countries, such as banning consumption of dog meat in China and in other asian countries.

Pro has also stated that because countries that consume dog meat are outnumbered to countries that don't allow the consumption of dog meat, I am assuming that Pro is using this to discourage a consumption of dog meat. However, even if countries that have citizens consume dog meat, that is not a reason for countries like them to back down and to completely ban the consumption of dog meat. Countries that consume dog meat do not need to have, and should not be threatened to have their citizens prohibited from consuming dog meat.

Furthermore, although approximately 25 million dogs are eaten each year as of 2014 [1], this amount is dwarfed by the fact that there are over 525 million dogs in this world, and in China, there are roughly 110 dogs, about one fifth of the dog population, as of 2012 [2]. If we consume more dog meat, I believe it should be no harm to the environment. In fact, it should be encouraged that we eat more dog meat, because, in some countries, such as in Bali [3], have an excess of dog and cannot provide sufficient handling and vaccinations for the dogs. A quick and easy solution to this, is to consume dog meat.

My opponent has also not commented on my previous argument, so I will not put a say on that for now.

[1] https://litigation-essentials.lexisnexis.com...
[2] https://www.psychologytoday.com...
[3] http://www.thebalitimes.com...
Pooopie

Pro

Pooopie forfeited this round.
TheSideSpectator

Con

Blank....
Pooopie

Pro

Pooopie forfeited this round.
TheSideSpectator

Con

Blank. Vote Con!
Pooopie

Pro

Pooopie forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
TheSideSpectatorPooopieTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro ff many times, so conduct to Con.