porshia
Alden_Kliem

Band WWE

Alden_Kliem has forfeited round #3.
Started: 12/4/2017 Category: Sports
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

porshia

Pro

WWE promotes violence that reflects onto children. Have you ever wondered why there are so many fights in schools, today 4th to 8th graders role models are WWE wrestlers. Even John Cena admitted it is bad for kids. So what do you think. WWE, YAY OR NAY??
Alden_Kliem

Con

WWE is simply a sport in which grown men wrestle each other. It is completely staged, and there are many proven allegations of it being so. If a child wants to try and wrestle as the grown men wrestling do and gets himself hurt, so be it. It is his parent's, not our responsibility, to look after their child. If it grows to a point which a child gets himself killed? That's just Natural Selection.
porshia

Pro

Thank you for responding. I completely agree with the fact that it is staged but I have to say that it is not OK for a child to wrestler a grown man, I also don't see where you got that from my first argument. Most kids these days role models are WWE superstars. If they see there role model doing unnecessary violence things on TV this could make the child's mind think differently. leading to trouble at school and/or home.
Sorry I was late and thank you for responding!!
Alden_Kliem

Con

I have never said that children would be wrestling grown men, I don't know where you that from my opening statement. As for the fact that some children would try to mimic what they see on TV, the fact that you point that out makes me believe that you would be one to say that violent video games lead to violent behavior. There are, in fact, some cases of those being correlated, however it has been wideslreadly known that violent video games, no matter how bloody, are not a contributing factor to child violence. In fact, it has been found that it actually helps with violent behavior, and acts as a catharsis for said violent behavior. If a child was to mimic what they saw on TV, it is only his wanting to imitate what he saw, being grown men fighting each other for a prize, he's would just happen to be fufulling his own violent tendencies, being a young man who has those sort of behaviors and self-wanting to fufill. There happens to be a thing called testosterone, which all MALE PEOPLE have, and that leads us to those sorts of things.
porshia

Pro

Yes I do agree these video games have an impact on children. But this debate is not on that. Now I would also thank you again for responding again and passionate about your side. Please continue to do so. WWE is not appropriate for younger viewer, WWE biggest audience. Maybe it's the fact the content rating shouldn't be rate PG. Please consider these ideas.
Posted by Freddy.Kruger 16 hours ago
Freddy.Kruger
with out wwe we would not have good entertainment
Posted by Alden_Kliem 1 month ago
Alden_Kliem
10/10 grammar btw
Posted by Alden_Kliem 1 month ago
Alden_Kliem
ooof forgot
Posted by porshia 1 month ago
porshia
ND240, I see what your saying but John Cena told USA Today that WWE is considered a kids show, and it is rated PG.
Posted by Alden_Kliem 1 month ago
Alden_Kliem
hurry up porshia......
Posted by Nd2400 1 month ago
Nd2400
If you going to band WWE, Then band all movies with a rating R, or band pg-13 movies, band tv shows and cartoon shows for being violent. Can't band something line that....