RoyalDark
Tanookiguy01

Bane vs. Riddler

RoyalDark

Pro

I will be debating that Bane (Pro) is a better villain/character than the Riddler (Con).
Round 1 - Acceptance
Round 2 - Opening Argument
Round 3 - Rebuttal
Round 4 - 2nd Argument/More Rebuttal
Round 5 - 3rd Argument/More Rebuttal
Tanookiguy01

Con

Riddle me this, I accept thou challenge, good luck.
RoyalDark

Pro

Just to make sure everything is clear, this is over who is a better character overall, more awesome, any definition. This is not whether the actions make them an antihero or anything like that. (Which I will debate if anyone would like to do so).

Now onto my debate.

I am going to debate on two representations of Bane: comics and Tom Hardy's excellent portrayal in The Dark Knight Rises.

In the comics, Bane is the BEST and most powerful Batman villain. He is the greatest mind known to Ra's al Ghul. He can lift up to 15 tons (30,000 pounds). He knows 8 languages and knows many scientific disciplines. Bane even was able to stop using his drug, Venom, and has completely stopped using it, even though he has given it to his henchmen (he does still wear the equipment, but does not use the drug). He has excellent fighting skills, knows many types of martial arts, and is a brilliant strategist who was able to fund Batman's true identity fairly quickly. He is well-known for breaking Batman's back and has beaten many other Batman villains. (He broke Killer Croc's back in Arkham War, and even hung Scarecrow.).

Batman has NEVER beaten Bane in a fight by himself. Whenever he has beat Bane, he has something or someone there to help him.

In the movies, Bane annihilates Batman. In their fight scene under Wayne Enterprises in the sewer, Bane breaks Batman's back. Batman, staying true to the comics, is only able to beat Bane with Catwoman shooting him with the Batcycle.

Bane delivers, in my opinion, THE best quotes in the entire franchise. I will share some that I find quite excellent. (Please excuse me if there are mistakes, I am reciting these from memory, not IMDb).

"It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan. No one cared who I was until I put on the mask."

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark, I was born in it! Molded by it! I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but BLINDING!"

"Calm down, Doctor, now is not the time for fear... that comes later."

CIA Agent: "Well congratulations! You got yourself caught! What's the next step in your master plan?"
Bane: "Crashing this plane... with no survivors!"

"Speak of the devil, and he shall appear."

"I am Gotham's reckoning, here to end the borrowed time you've all been living on."

"You fight like a young man with nothing held back! Admirable, but mistaken."

"I am the League of Shadows, and I am here to fulfill Ra's al Ghul's destiny!

"Theatricality and deception, powerful agents to the uninitiated, but we are initiated, aren't we Bruce, members of the League of Shadows!"

"Peace has cost you your strength, victory has defeated you."

"I was wondering what would break first, your spirit.... or your body!

"Home, where I learned the truth about despair, as will you. Theres a reason this prison is the worst hell on earth... Hope. Every man who has ventured here over the centuries has looked up to the light and imagined climbing to freedom. So easy... so simple... And like shipwrecked men turning to sea water from uncontrollable thirst, many have died trying. I learned here that there can be no true despair without hope. So, as I terrorize Gotham, I will feed its people hope to poison their souls. I will let them believe they can survive so that you can watch them clamoring over each other to "stay in the sun". You can watch me torture an entire city and when you have truly understood the depth of your failure, we will fulfill Ra"s al Ghul"s destiny... We will destroy Gotham and then, when it is done and Gotham is ashes, then you have my permission to die."
Tanookiguy01

Con

Tanookiguy01 forfeited this round.
Tanookiguy01

Con

Tanookiguy01 forfeited this round.
Tanookiguy01

Con

Tanookiguy01 forfeited this round.
RoyalDark

Pro

............... Extend.
Tanookiguy01

Con

Tanookiguy01 forfeited this round.