JUSTHERE2WIN
jjhotgun

Banning guns in the U.S.

JUSTHERE2WIN

Con

Banning guns in the states would be a huge catastrophy. I ask you this isnt weed illegal yet kids at ages 13 and up somehow smoke it on a regular basis. It would be the same for guns. Criminals reallistically will always have guns and my question to you is wouldnt you like to have the right to protect yourself from criminals or would you rather just let them have the guns and the rest of us law abiding citizwns be helpless.
jjhotgun

Pro

Did anyone read about all the shootings at school? Does anyone remember stories of kid accidental shooting each other with their dads gun? All those kids got guns from their parents gun collection or bought it at a store. And we aren't helpless without guns, it actually safer. Less guns = Very expensive = less criminals with guns = targeting rich people to cover guns expense. So being defenceless is incorrect for most people. And why do we have police if we can protect ourselves??
JUSTHERE2WIN

Con

I thank my opponent for accepting my challenge

Now let us begin in this debate we will discuss that the banning of guns in America. I will take the side that the banning of guns in America would be a huge mistake.
First off when you say kids buy guns from stores I hope your not serious because in reality that does not happen. Secondly when you say without guns we are safer I strongly disagree if someone is determined to kill make no mistake they will find a gun just like a drugee will find their next fix.

And to address your point on why do we need police if we are able to defend ourselves. I would just like to point out just one case in which the police may arrive a little to late.In all of the middle school and high school and colleges there is atleast one officer required to be on campus. But there is no requirement of police officers in elementary schools. Sandy hook was a elementary school therefore no police were present to defend the children and the the faculty may they rest in peace. So as you can see weather we like it or not the police are not always there to protect us.
jjhotgun

Pro

1. When I say kids, it includes university students. And who says that some kid didn't nick a gun or two? You didn't address my second argument. What about the killings caused by brothers or best friends because they took a gun from daddy's/mommy's gun collection?

2. Few people actual want to kill, and for those that do, guns are inconvenient. A knife makes no sound, nor does poison.

Just because of self defence doesn't mean we takeout the war flag. With that as an argument, we might as well as kill each other which is equal to committing suicide.
JUSTHERE2WIN

Con

First off you never made a point about college kids buying guns there is no point to address because you did not make one.

Secondly when you say "few people want to kill" who are you to speak for millions of Americans how could you possibly know who is willing to murder and who isn't. Also when you talk about murders the most destructive killers don't care about getting caught the mass murderers care about how many they can kill. Many kill themselves after they have done their sick deed.

My argument is a valid one and sensible one. We need to be able to protect ourselves, for as I have said the criminals will always find a way to get guns the question is will we let them rome free with guns or let us have a chance to defend ourselves and our loved ones.
jjhotgun

Pro

jjhotgun forfeited this round.
Posted by OneElephant 4 years ago
OneElephant
When you say guns you don't mean a total ban, correct? For example, the police force would still own guns, etc.