Letsdebate24
yashsanghvi09

Banning guns places Americans in greater danger of being a victim of crimes.

yashsanghvi09 has forfeited round #2.

Letsdebate24

Pro

With all the heated debate about banning guns in America amidst all the recent shootings, it would be foolish to ban and or confiscate all semi automatic rifles as recent Democrats have suggested. Every major study in recent history has proven that there is no correlation between the number of gun owners relating to the number of homicides. In fact the areas of the country that have the strictest gun control have the highest number of homicides whereas the places that have relaxed gun control see the fewest homicides.
yashsanghvi09

Con

i don't know why does citizen require guns. Its just the void of being weak they are filling with guns as the matter of fact we just wantto see the guns in our hands and boast.i god forbid if some one is out of mind and is provoked then incidents like baton rounge happnes
Letsdebate24

Pro

Could you clear up your statement. It was rather difficult to discern exactly what your point was.
Posted by Letsdebate24 7 months ago
Letsdebate24
I just realized this is only three rounds. If you like ill start another debate for 5 rounds.
Posted by Agingseeker 7 months ago
Agingseeker
Since Obama started his annoying harangues gun sales have boomed. And why? Because of his contempt for the reasons people have. I worked with a very nice gentle PhD, a woman from China, she had two guns because she has a daughter and her husband travels. She has no confidence in the authorities to protect her. Can you blame her? But Obama does.
She might be wrong (i Don't think so) but she is doing this for her daughter. Do you see that?
Posted by jsmill 7 months ago
jsmill
I think I have already made it"clear why I wouldn't take this debate. It seems unlikely either side could provide a convincing arguement.
Posted by Letsdebate24 7 months ago
Letsdebate24
If that is not what the studies you have seen have shown, take the debate
Posted by Letsdebate24 7 months ago
Letsdebate24
Posted by jsmill 7 months ago
jsmill
That is not what study's have shown. Data shows that the correlation is that gun ownership increase crime. The problem, as I see it, is the data only shows correlation not causation. Meaning I would be hard pressed to demonstrate that guns are a "cause." Therefore justifying bans become difficult.