Barack Obama has been a bad president economically and internationally.

It is an indisputable fact that Barack Obama has been a bad president in the development of our nation. In every aspect of governing, from domestic to foreign policy, Obama has proven to be ineffective. Economically, he has been detrimental. He has spent more of the taxpayers money that all if the presidents before him and there is absolutely nothing to show for it. The debt has gone up more in Obama's first term than both of Bush's combined (from 9-16.7 trillion). The deficit is nearing a trillion dollars a year and Obama has no intention of making cuts to government spending. He is responsible for higher gas prices and cost of living. The unemployment is higher than it ever was under Bush. As far as world affairs go, the world is utterly unstable. We are on the brink of war with north Korea and we still have troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. He promised so much and delivered so little.

All in all yes I think Barack Obama is a good president.

I think that you are wrong. It's not too early to judge him he's been in office for a year now. He'll not have another 4 year term in my opinion.

I think Obama is an "OK" president; he's doing his best. I would have him over McCain any day.
It is literally impossible to judge whether or not Barack Obama is a good president now. You may say he is spending our nation's money, and getting us into things we shouldn't be getting into. But the main thing Obama believes in, is the audacity of hope and the tenacity of the American people. I can honestly say there is no man more suitable for this position than Obama. What our country needs right now, is hope, we don't think about what will happen. The main thing that separates humans from any other animal, is that we have insight, the ability to look into a certain situation and determine its outcome, and people who do not believe in Barack Obama need to put insight into the current situation.
I think he is. He was voted into office with all of these problems and he can't fix them all right away. I think he is being a good president.
As we all know, President Bush was a pretty bad president. Driving our economy into the ground. I am pretty sure that President Obama won't be able to fix that big of a crisis in only one year. If you were in charge of a country with 300 million people who expect you to take them out of 14 trillion dollars debt, I am pretty sure you cannot solve the problem.

Most people believe he is a good president.

No, he is not. He has tripled the national debt and is obscenely spending our country's money. He is also on diplomatic terms with Hugo Chavez and Mahmoud Ahkmadinejad.

Yes he is the best president of the US of America.

He is very nice in nature and listens to everyone very carefully.

No because he wants to make the government control everything. We fought for independence in 1776 and he doesn't want independence. He also makes promises he cant keep.

I think the initiative he's taken with our country (A DEMOCRACY i.e. democrat) is admirable. While most Republicans dislike his highly liberal views, like the ones of Franklin D. Roosevelt, they at least give credit where it's due. Just because a powerful and intelligent leader applies principles that you disagree with, you can't just pin on the word "bad".

If you are going to say a down right "NO" to Barack Obama's being a good president, you need to support that with EVIDENCE. Many things that he does are reported, but taken out of context. We don't live in the white house with him, and we can't say if doing something was a good or bad choice because NO ONE EXCEPT FOR HIM WILL EVER UNDERSTAND OR EVEN KNOW ABOUT ALL THE FACTORS INVOLVED IN ANY GIVEN ISSUE until time passes and history tells the full story. We can, however, determine what he has done that has positively affected the country. Here are a few of these deeds (also see the related question in the related question section about what people believe he has done right):
1. Saved the collapse of the American automotive industry by making GM restructure before bailing them out, and putting incentive money to help the industry
2. Shifted the focus of the war from Iraq to Afghanistan, and putting the emphasis on reducing terrorism where it should have been all along
3. Relaxed Anti-American tensions throughout the world
4. Signed order to close the prisoner "torture camp" at Guantanamo Bay
5. Has made the environment a national priority, and a primary source for job creation
6. Has made education a national priority by putting emphasis and money behind new ideas like charter schools, but speaking directly to school children in telling them they have to do their part.
7. Won the Nobel Peace Prize
8. $789 billion economic stimulus plan
9. Appointment of first Latina to the Supreme Court
10. Attractive tax write-offs for those who buy hybrid automobiles
11. Authorized construction/opening of additional health centers to care for veterans
12. Renewed dialogue with NATO and other allies and partners on strategic issues.
13. Beginning the process of reforming and restructuring the military 20 years after the Cold War to a more modern fighting force… this includes new procurement policies, increasing size of military, new technology and cyber units and operations, etc.
14. Better body armor is now being provided to our troops
15. "Cash for clunkers" program offers vouchers to trade in fuel inefficient, polluting old cars for new cars; stimulates auto sales
16. Changed the failing/status quo military command in Afghanistan
17. Closed offshore tax safe havens
18. Deployed additional troops to Afghanistan
19. Ended media "blackout" on war casualties; reporting full information
20. Ended previous policy of awarding no-bid defense contracts
21. . Ended media blackout on war casualties and the return of fallen soldiers to Dover AFB.
22. Ended previous policy of cutting the FDA and circumventing FDA rules
23. Ended previous practice of forbidding Medicare from negotiating with drug manufacturers for cheaper drugs; the federal government is now realizing hundreds of millions in savings
24. Ended previous practice of having White House aides rewrite scientific and environmental rules, regulations, and reports
25. American Recovery and Reinvestment Act has created 2.1 million jobs (as of 12/31/09).
26. Ended previous policy of not regulating and labeling carbon dioxide emissions
27. Ended previous policy of offering tax benefits to corporations who outsource American jobs; the new policy is to promote in-sourcing to bring jobs back
28. Ended previous policy on torture; the US now has a no torture policy and is in compliance with the Geneva Convention standards
29. . Launched to track spending from the Recovery Act, an unprecedented step to provide transparency and accountability through technology.
30. Ended previous practice of protecting credit card companies; in place of it are new consumer protections from credit card industry's predatory practices
31. Ended previous "stop-loss" policy that kept soldiers in Iraq/Afghanistan longer than their enlistment date
32. Energy producing plants must begin preparing to produce 15% of their energy from renewable sources
33. Established a National Performance Officer charged with saving the federal government money and making federal operations more efficient
34. Established a new cyber security office
35. Expanded the SCHIP program to cover health care for 4 million more children
36. Expanding vaccination programs
37. Families of fallen soldiers have expenses
38. . Provided the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) with more than $1.4 billion to improve services to America's Veterans.
39. Federal support for stem-cell and new biomedical research
40. Funds for high-speed, broadband Internet access to K-12 schools

I'm sorry but did you say that he's been in office for 1 year? I don't think I can take you seriously In this debate if that's the impression that your under. I will correct the record by saying that he has been in office for 4.25 years.

As for your number system of debating- I think that's real cute! Did you copy and paste that from somewhere? I'll give you a list of my own...

- Obama Care has cost billions of dollars and thousands of jobs. Obama broke the constitution by mandating the purchase of his health insurance.

- The debt had risen to an extreme hight of $16.8 trillion! Obama promised that he would never let that happen under his watch. He called the $9 trillion debt "immoral" and "unpatriotic." Funny how much of a hypocrite he is!

- He claimed that the U.S. prison at Guantanamo bay Cuba was terrible for torturing terrorists and that he first thing he would do in office was close it down... Naturally, it never happened.

- The budget that Obama proposed for 2013 featured the HIGEST DEFICIT of any budget in our history. A man that cares about fiscal responsibility would not do that. He does not have the GUTS to make the necessary spending cuts to our government's budget.

- 4 years ago Obama promised the world that we would remove all troops from Iraq and Afghanistan years ago. No such thing has happened. In that regard, he is worse than Bush (which liberals so heavily criticize).

- Obama has made it easier for people who don't work to hop on the Government dole. How is the economy supposed to improve if the taxpayers have to provide for the non- working??? (I'm not even referring to disability so don't call me evil or some crap)

*** I'm saving more for the next rounds

** By the way, your argument that Obama has done the best that he can does not make him good... That's something neither of us can prove!

* If he were such a hard worker, he would not golf with TIGER WOODS of all people frequently.

amey forfeited this round.

It has been brought to my attention that my opponent copied and pasted his argument from an outside source. Also, he did not submit his round of arguments. On those grounds, I feel that the debate is already over.... Unless of course he decides to explain himself and continue debating (with his own original thoughts preferably)

amey forfeited this round.

teenconservative forfeited this round.

amey forfeited this round.
Posted by Ragnar 3 years ago
Not blaming Obama for how crazy Kim Jong Un is, is a separate matter from economics within the USA. Sorry for the joke about bad movies. I'm looking forward to debating you elsewhere.

Ok Amey seems to have lost Round One quite well. Arguing that Obama makes a better president than McCain would is not related to if Obama himself is a bad president economically and internationally, that would be a whole other debate I'd actually like to see. Also much of Amey's argument looks copy/pasted... Actually check unless Amey wrote that page, it is plagiarized!
Posted by teenconservative 3 years ago
Ragnar, I am curious as to why you do not except as you are so incredibly well versed on the subject... By the way, we were never at war with them. It takes an act of congress to declare war.
Posted by Ragnar 3 years ago
Diplomatically we never technically left war with Korea (unless I missed that news story?). I look forward to seeing who accepts, and what arguments they will make that do not rely on "better than this guy."
Posted by teenconservative 3 years ago
Ragnar, if you watced the news, you would see that our military is deploying forces to the region because of the threats made by Kim Jong Un. Your humor is il advised.
Posted by Ragnar 3 years ago
War with North Korea, has someone been watching the Red Dawn remake?
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: I caught the copy/past nonsense committed by Con. This is a no brainer!