artuis
JTSmith

Barack Obama is Unqualifed to Be President

Con Tied Pro

artuis

Con

OK so Barack Obama has been head of the Harvard Law Review, helped his community as a "Community organizer", served in the state senate, and has now served in the Senate for 4 years, although he has not authored or headed any Bill or agenda. I'm being kind, because that list on it's own is laughable.

Barack Obama is an intelligent man with alot of Charisma, however, you could say that about alot of people out there. I just want some substance, true raw substance that qualifies Obama as President, except for the fact he speaks really well, and he is super cool man.

What is it about Barack Obama that qualifies him to be your President? It's one thing to say what you want to do, but there's another to have the expierence and base of knowledge to actually lead.

Here's an example, I'm going to be a new attorney and I feel I have a lot of good ideas and pumped up about the law, but you would have to agree that I wouldn't be ready to be a Supreme Court Justice the highest court in the land after just a couple years of practice, would you?

So Whay Qualifies Barack to be President? I really want to know.
JTSmith

Pro

What qualifies Barack Obama to be president?
Well we can start with his admittedly short list of credentials.

A degree in international relations from Columbia University
A degree in law from Harvard Law School
President of the Harvard Law Review
Community Organizer
Two terms in the Illinois State Senate
1 Term in the US Senate
Chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Subcomittee of European Affairs

These things of course, help his qualifications, despite their meager apearance as compared to Sen. McCain.

The thing that qualifies Sen. Obama the most, however, is his life experiences.
1. Barack has been raised as a minority in the US. He knows their needs and desires.
2. Barack was raised by a single mother. He knows the needs and concerns of single parents across america.
3. Barack was raised in a low income family. He knows what its like to not be able to afford the things you need.
He knows what its like to live the hard life in America. He knows the people needs and their hopes. Furthermore, Sen. Obama has dedicated his life to improving the lives of hurting americans.
When Sen. Obama earned his law degree, the whole world was at his feet. He could have gone into the city and made his fortune as a great attorney, but he didnt. He packed up his beater of a car and drove to the south side of Chicago to help those who has lost their jobs from a closing steel plant. He gave up his chance at wealth to improve the lives of these workers. He organized them an retrained them. He tried to help them find new jobs so they could provide for their families. He taught constitutional law in schools and then took his change to a bigger stage. He continues in his efforts to change conditions for working class americans in the IL state senate, and in the US Senate. His whole life, it seems, has been dedicated to improving american lives.
That and his passion; his desire to serve an improve this country are what qualifies him to be president.

Sen. Obama has one qualification that John McCain does not.
Obama gets it. He gets what its like to be the average american citizen. John McCain does not and that is a huge minus to me.
How can a man like McCain tell me that he will improve american lives, when he doesnt even truly understand whats wrong with them?
artuis

Con

Ok we are talking about the qualifications for President of United States the most powerful position in the world, right?

With that said let's discuss my opponents top reasons that qualifies Barack Obama to become President.

QUOTE: "The thing that qualifies Sen. Obama the MOST, however, is his life experiences.
3. Barack was raised in a low income family. He knows what its like to not be able to afford the things you need"

With that formula, my opponent put together it would appear that anyone who is a minority, raised by a single mother, and is low income should be considered qualified to run our nation and be our chief executive. Hey I'm a minority and graduating law school this year. Hmm maybe in a few years I'll run for President.

Although, Obama's story is compelling and has common interests with myself, and others doesn't necessarily give him credentials to become President of the United States. Creditentials are simply put "Results" or accomplishments that show credibility and ability to efficiently carry out a duty. Obama has never been an executive of any kind, never authored a law, or headed a commission of any relevance. Although, he speaks well, he fails to talk to the American people in the most important way, which is 'Talking by Action, and Example."

Tell me one specific way that Obama has lead or accomplished anything on a national scale that he has directly supervised or been in charge of? DON'T AVOID THIS QUESTION.

The truth is I would respect Obama's candicacy more if he had waited another term in the Senate so he could show examples of his accomplishments and decision making abilities.

As to the good he did as a "Community Organizer", although I appreciate his giving back to his community, I also must point out there are others who give back in other ways. I help indigent people who can't afford legal services on my spare time, yet this doesn't make me qualified to become any one of importance, much less the President of United States. My friend started a rally to raise money for relieving the financial toll to Cancer patients, and trust me he is not ready to be President.

Sure Obama has a good story and has helped his fellow man but there are many great Americans with those same characteristics but that doesn't give them creditentials to become President. Qualifications must be a proven record of what they have accomplished that we can trust them to make sound decisions. Many people have rags to riches stories, and that's great, but we are choosing a President, not the next Hallmark Movie.
JTSmith

Pro

Its very clear that my opponent missed my point. I apologize and I should have been much more specific.

I said:

"The thing that qualifies Sen. Obama the most, however, is his life experiences.
That and his passion; his desire to serve an improve this country are what qualifies him to be president."

My opponent took what I said out of context and then twisted it for his own benefit.

Yes i said Obama's having been raised by a single mother is a plus.
Yes i said Obama's being a minority is a plus.
Yes i said Obama's having been raised in the lower class was a plus.

And THEY ARE
in the context of what I said NEXT!
Barack Obama has proven that HE WILL SERVE THIS COUNTRY. He has his entire life, worked to improve american lives. He has given up a wckied good job on Wall Street so he could make almost no money, but improve other peoples chances at making a living.
Barack Obama has proven that he as a man willing to give everything he has to make the world a better place, because he has done it. That alone, is as honorable as being a survivng POW.

Sen. Obama has been a State Senator. He has been a US senator. He has been a Civil Lawyer, and has taught constitutional law. These qualifications, combined with his passion, his drive, and his life experiences DO qualifiy him to be president.

Need I remind republicans, that their hero, Ronald Reagan, got his conservative beliefs from his experiences as president...of the Screen Actors Guild.

Some of the greatest American Presidents had a short resume, but still did an outstanding job.
Ronald Reagan
Bill Clinton
Abraham Lincoln
John F. Kennedy
Theodore Roosevelt
just to name a few

So who has more interest in the American People...and not special interests and lobbyists...
Barack Obama has sacrificed a high paying job to give back as a community organizer.

John McCain has been in Washington 26yrs, and hasnt changed much...
I wonder why...
Maybe you should ask his Chief Economic Advisor, or his Compaign Manager
They are some of the Biggest Lobbyists in Washinton!

Point being... McCain has given into the influence of special interest groups...
Barack Obama has not! and that alone, makes him more qualified to be president.
because he cares about the American People, not the american dollar.

These are Sen. Obama's qulaifications, and these are what will make him the next great american president!
artuis

Con

artuis forfeited this round.
JTSmith

Pro

My opponent has failed to provide a rebuttal and has, therefore, failed to satisfy his assertion.

PRO looses this debate
Posted by artuis 8 years ago
artuis
"Teddy Roosevelt was one of our greatest presidents and he had FAR less experience than Obama, Bush has less political experience than Obama. Experience isn't that important, it's about policy."

What!!!!!???? Expierence isn't that important. I suppose you would like a brand new doctor to do open heart surgery on you, or a brand new attorney to represent you in a criminal case? Are you serious that expierence isn't that important?

Bush was a freaking Governor of Texas for two terms, before he became President, yet he has less expierence than Obama. Obama would agree that Bush has more expierence.

Roosevelt had plenty of expierence he was the assistant Secretary of the Navy, he lead the "Rough Ryders!" Have you even taken American history?

I am stunned at the lack of knowledge of some people.
Posted by mikehughes8 8 years ago
mikehughes8
Obama is the least qualified to be president among McCain, Palin, and Biden.
Posted by marcusjlang 8 years ago
marcusjlang
Teddy Roosevelt was one of our greatest presidents and he had FAR less experience than Obama, Bush has less political experience than Obama. Experience isn't that important, it's about policy.
Posted by the_conservative 8 years ago
the_conservative
Just plain idiotic. His own running mate even said obama is unqualified to be president last year. Obama, doesnt even have a valid birth certificate.
Vote Placed by JBlake 8 years ago
JBlake
artuisJTSmithTied
Vote Placed by ANSmith 8 years ago
ANSmith
artuisJTSmithTied
Vote Placed by JTSmith 8 years ago
JTSmith
artuisJTSmithTied