brontoraptor
theseus23

Barack Obama is a Muslim

brontoraptor

Pro

I will be arguing that Barack Obama, the current U.S. President is a Muslim.

1st round: acceptance

All other rounds: anything goes
theseus23

Con

I will be arguing that Barack Obama is not a Muslim.
I await your argument.
brontoraptor

Pro

Obama and Islam

*

DEFENDS IT-

"The future must not belong to those who slander the Prophet of Islam.”
-Barack Obama

LOVES IT-
'The sweetest sound I know is the Muslim call to prayer."
-Obama

PRAISES IT-

"We will convey our deep appreciation for the Islamic faith, which has done so much over the centuries to shape the world, including in my own country."
-Obama

CANNOT AND WILL NOT OPPOSE IT-
“I made clear that America is not, and never will be, at war with Islam."
-Obama

*

HE WILL LIE ABOUT ANYTHING-

*To sell his autobiography in 1991, Obama falsely claimed that he "was born in Kenya."

*He lied about never having been a member and candidate of the 1990's Chicago Socialist New Party. When Stanley Kurtz produced evidence to establish that he was a member, Obama's flacks smeared and dismissed Kurtz.

*Obama's 1995 autobiography, Dreams from My Father, contains a Flood of inaccuracies and falsehoods about his maternal grandfather, his father, his mother, his parents' wedding, his stepfather's father, his high school friend, his girlfriend, Bill Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn, and the Rev. Jeremiah Wright.

-Historian, Victor Davis Hanson puts it, "If a writer will fabricate the details about his own mother's terminal illness and quest for insurance, then he will probably fudge on anything."

*

"There is a biography of Barry Soetoro 's Occidental College days. It states that when Barry Soetoro was 18-19 he attended school as BARRY SOETORO.

So somewhere after 19 years old, he started going by the Islamic name, Barrack Hussein Obama. Why?

The students at Occidental did not know Barry Soetoro by the name of BARACK OBAMA.

*

Atheists on debate.org are always quick to point out that people are the religion they were brought up in. People rarely convert. People who give up their faith in their religion tend to go agnostic or atheist.

It doesn't add up.

Watch this short video clips with his comments towards Islam vs his comments on Christianity:

VIDEO:

*

Freudian slip?

VIDEO:

*

In 2008, Obama's presidential campaign website stated: “Senator Obama has never been a Muslim, was not raised as a Muslim, and is a committed Christian.”

But as WND reported, public records in Indonesia listed Obama as a Muslim during his younger years, and a number of his childhood friends claimed to the media that "Obama was once a mosque attending Muslim."

The Loatze blog, run by an American expatriate in Southeast Asia who visited the Besuki school, noted: “All Indonesian students are required to study religion at school, and a young ‘Barry Soetoro,’ being a Muslim, would have been required to study Islam daily in school. He would have been taught to read and write Arabic, to recite his prayers properly, to read and recite from the Quran and to study the laws of Islam.”

Muslim prayer sessions with his classmates against the wishes of his mother.

*

The US President's former grade three teacher said that Obama, who was known as "Barry" when he attended the Menteng One school in Jakarta, studied the Quran and went to classes on Islam."

*

But why lie about it? Who would do duch a thing? A muslim would.

*

WHY LIE?

Let's look at Islamic terminology and concepts:

Takiyya-

Takiyya is defined as dissimulation about ones Muslim identity.

Tawriya-

Tawriya is defined as concealing, and it could be called “creative lying”.

Kitman-

Kitman is characterized by someone telling only part of the truth.

Muruna-

Muruna means using “flexibility” to blend in with the enemy or the surroundings.

"But those who deny Our signs, we will progressively lead them to destruction from where they do not know."

(Quran 7:182)

"Then leave Me alone with such as reject this Message: by degrees shall We punish them from directions they perceive not."

(Quran 68:44)

FOR WHAT PURPOSE?

(Quran 8:39)

“Fight them, till there is no persecution and the religion is Allah’s entirely."

*

Notice...

-Obama came into office and suddenly Islam had a pass for anything and everything.

-Suddenly Europe is having an "immigration and asylum seeker crisis." Guess who encouraged the multiculturism. (Obama)

-Suddenly ISIS takes over with U.S. military withdrawal.

-France is attacked at Bataclan theatre.

-Belgium airport is attacked.

-London gets a Muslim mayor in name of "multiculturism".

-Cologne, Germany is assaulted in "rape jihad", with over 1,000 sexual assaults in one night by 'immigrants'. (Tahurrush)

-San Bernardino is attacked in mass shooting.

-Sweden is now "rape capital of Earth" because of liberal immigration policies.

-The Boston Marathon was bombed.

Notice that after 9/11, the world seemed relatively stable. He took office, and suddenly the safety from Islamic extremists magically disappeared....

*

And guess what. Now he is campaigning to be the next head of the U.N.

*

www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/barack-obama-joined-muslim-prayers-at-school-teacher-says/story-e6frg6so-1225949239614
theseus23

Con

please cite sources.
http://www.factcheck.org...
for almost everything you stated.

not opposing does not mean you are a muslim. I am not at war with christianity and am not a christian. Obama is not at war with Hellenistic (those who believe in Zeus) does not mean he believes in Zeus.

him lieing has nothing to do with being muslim

link to WND

link to loatze
brontoraptor

Pro

Obama was quite religious in Islam.

In Obama’s autobiography, “Dreams From My Father,” he admits to studying the Quran and describes the school he attended as “a Muslim school.”

mobile.wnd.com/2008/04/60559

*

INCONSISTANCY-

Asked about the religion of his childhood and youth, Obama offers contradictory answers. He finessed a Mar. 2004 question, "Have you always been a Christian?" by replying: "I was raised more by my mother and my mother was Christian." In Dec. 2007 he confirmed this in stronger words: "My mother was a Christian from Kansas. I was raised by my mother. So, I've always been a Christian."

But in February of 2009, he offered a completely different account on this issue:

"I was not raised in a particularly religious household. I had a father who was born a Muslim but became an atheist, grandparents who were non-practicing Methodists and Baptists, and a mother who was skeptical of organized religion. I didn't become a Christian until I moved to the South Side of Chicago after college."

www.danielpipes.org/11952/obama-muslim-childhood

When making things up, it's hard to stick with the same story. Fabrication is the mother of inconsistancy.

*

MORE INCONSISTANCY-

In "Dreams of my Father", Obama readily told this to all comers: when asked by a barber (p. 149), "You a Muslim?" for example, he replied, "Grandfather was."

But in "The Audacity of Hope"Obama presents his parents and stepfather as non-religious. He notes (in Audacity, pp. 204-05), that his "father had been raised a Muslim" but was a "confirmed atheist" by the time he met Barack's mother, who in turn "professed secularism."

Well. Which is it?

*

But what would explain all the lies and deception?

Taqiya is a form of Islamic dissimulation or a legal dispensation whereby a believing individual can deny their faith or commit otherwise illegal or blasphemous acts.

*

-An administrator at Besuki, Akhmad Solikhin, expressed (to an Indonesian newspaper, the Kaltim Post, Jan. 27, 2007, translation provided by "An American Expat in Southeast Asia," quote edited for clarity) bafflement at Obama's religion: "He indeed was registered as Muslim, but he claims to be Christian."

*

-Obama was enrolled in a Wahabi school in Jakarta. Wahabism is the RADICAL teaching that is followed by the Muslim terrorists who are now waging Jihad against the western world."

*

Obama attended an Indonesian public school.

www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2007/dec/20/chain-email/obama-attended-an-indonesian-public-school

Guess what Indonesia is... Only the largest Muslim nation on planet Earth.

*

Barack Obama-

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam."

Need to see and hear him say it? Here's the video.

But yet when it comes to the Sermon on the Mount spoken by Jesus Christ, he mocks and slanders it. Need to see and hear him say it? Here's the video.

*

Obama wears a Shahada ring and has for a long time. according to Arabic-language and Islamic experts, the ring Obama has been wearing for more than 30 years is adorned with the first part of the Islamic declaration of faith, the Shahada: “There is no god except Allah.”

Egyptian born Islamic scholar Mark A. Gabriel, Ph.D., examined photographs of Obama’s ring on request and concluded that the first half of the Shahada is inscribed on the ring.

*

If it quacks like a duck, it is a...
theseus23

Con

politifact sources all have "pants on fire" as their most extreme complete blatant falsehood.
So every source you cite to poltifact as well as your first source is invalid.

all of your posts about inconsistancy about whether he is a christian.
I don't even need to validate those because that does not prove he is a muslim. Only inconsistent about being a christian.

he doesn't want any religion slandered, that does not make him a muslim.

he points out why the bible should not be used as a law making book.
that does not make him a muslim.

then you cite to a ring citing deviant art. does not make him a muslim.

you have yet to propose any real argument.
brontoraptor

Pro

It is Con's job to post a defense against Barack Obama being a Muslim. Con is still yet to provide us with a defense or any points against.

Con:

"you have yet to propose any real argument."

Con has not rebuttled points, therefore dropped them all.

I can say,"Hygiene is stupid." It's a meaningless rebuttle.

Con has dropped all points and given zero sources, rebuttles, or even provided us a debate, thus all points stand.

*

He wears a shahada ring. No rebuttle.

He grew up in an Islamic country. No rebuttle.

He attended Islamic classes. No rebuttle.

He is a proven liar. No rebuttle.

He changed his name ,"Barry" to an Islamic name and as an adult. No rebuttle.

Islamic terrorism went through the roof during his term. No rebuttle.

He speaks fluent Arabic. No rebuttle.

He "converted" from a religion he praises to a religion he attacks? No rebuttle.

*

Con has declared one of my many sources as invalid. Even if it were true, he has dropped every point with any other source. But in reality...he has not proven any source invalid, or given reason for the invalidity of any source, thus still drops all points.

*

MORE POINTS-

-It is Obama who assured the Egyptian Foreign Minister that “I am a Muslim.”

*

-It is Obama who refused to attend the National Prayer Breakfast, but hastened to host an Islamic prayer breakfast at the White House.

*

-It is Obama who ordered both Georgetown and Notre Dame Universities to cover the cross before agreeing to speak there, but who has NEVER requested that the mosques he visited adjust their decor.

*

Obama appointed Fatima Noor(Muslim) to be in the Office of the Director for U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) in the Department of Homeland Security beginning July 28.

*

-It is Obama who who appointed as his chief adviser Valerie Jarrett, who is a member of the Muslim Sisterhood, an off-shoot of the Muslim Brotherhood.

*

-It is Obama who appointed a Muslim convert as CIA director.

*

-It is Obama whom a Pakistan Minister asked to be leader of all the world’s Muslims.

*

Arif Alikhan

Arif Alikhan is the Deputy Executive Director for Homeland Security, Law Enforcement, and Fire/EMS at Los Angeles World Airports.

Alikhan was appointed to the Obama Administration in 2009 as Assistant Secretary for Policy Development at the United States Department of Homeland Security.

*

Mohammed Elibiary

-Homeland Security advisor to Barack Obama-

After a Twitter user asked Mohamed Elibiary on Thursday to “show me just ONE example of an Islamic country where non Muslims are treated with equality,” he responded with the tweet, which was first reported by the Washington Free Beacon: “America, and yes I do consider the United States of America an Islamic country with an Islamically compliant constitution. Move On!”

*

Rashad Hussein

-US Special Envoy for Strategic Counterterrorism Communications-

Hussain, a Muslim of Indian heritage, has also served in the White House Counsel's Office and on the National Security Council as a political appointee of the Obama Administration.

*

Salam al-Marayati

*

* Abedin, Huma

* Abunimah, Ali

* Al-Hibri, Azizah

* Al-Mansour, Khalid Abdullah Tariq

* Al-Marayati, Salam

* Alikhan, Areef

* Asbahi, Mazen

* Elibiary, Mohamed

* Husaini, Minha

* Hussain, Rashad

* Khalidi, Rashid

* Magid, Mohamed

* Mattson, Ingrid

* Mogahed, Dalia

* Obama, Abon'go Malik

* Patel, Eboo

* Said, Edward

* Shora, Kareem

* Shora, Nawar
theseus23

Con

you bear the burden of proof.

by me stating that you sources are incorrect or actually goes against what you are saying (you cite to politfact that calls your argument "pants of fire" the worst on its lying scale) I show that you have no argument.

If I state that the moon is made of cheese, and I cite to a source that states that the moon is not made of cheese, you do not need to rebut it.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com...
brontoraptor

Pro

Con:

"you bear the burden of proof."

And by Con's own assessment he is extremely behind and has a lot of ground to make up. He rejects one source as a rebuttle, yet rebuttles no other arguments by any others sources.(All but the one in the first round)

Con declares the burden of proof is on me. I have offered proof upon proof without Con's rebuttle. If one were scoring points, it's about 40-0 at this point.

*

This is a partial list of known Muslims in the Obama administration.

* Abedin, Huma

* Abunimah, Ali

* Al-Hibri, Azizah

* Al-Mansour, Khalid Abdullah Tariq

* Al-Marayati, Salam

* Alikhan, Areef

* Asbahi, Mazen

* Elibiary, Mohamed

* Husaini, Minha

* Hussain, Rashad

* Khalidi, Rashid

* Magid, Mohamed

* Mattson, Ingrid

* Mogahed, Dalia

* Obama, Abon'go Malik

* Patel, Eboo

* Said, Edward

* Shora, Kareem

* Shora, Nawar

-

MORE POINTS-

Obama's own half brother has stated that Barack "has not been honest about who he really is."

-

Obama's half brother IS a Muslim. He has ties to the Muslim Brotherhood.

*

In this link, his brother holds up a picture of a Barack Obama as a fully grown man in Muslim attire.

*

According to Walid Shoebat, former PLO, Islamist, Obama gave the Islamic hand sign to Muslim delegates of the US-African Leaders Conference in Washington.

*

Con has reviewed the information, has no argument or defense against any of it, and apparently has retreated.
theseus23

Con

theseus23 forfeited this round.
Posted by Khaz 1 year ago
Khaz
Oh, yeah, I do. Sorry.
Posted by Khaz 1 year ago
Khaz
Oh, yeah, I do. Sorry.
Posted by theseus23 1 year ago
theseus23
Khaz I assume you mean "pro"
Posted by Khaz 1 year ago
Khaz
Honestly, Con's arguments and sources are so bad that I think he's probably a troll.
Posted by Vict0rian 1 year ago
Vict0rian
I'm sorry but.... Really???