Charles0103
joshuaXlawyer

Barack Obama is a good president

Charles0103

Charles0103

Pro

First of all, I would like to thank my opponent in advance.

I will be arguing that Barack Obama is a good President, and Con will argue that he is not.

I'll go ahead and start.

1. President Obama ended the war in Iraq. If McCain would have been elected, the war would have gone on much longer. Especially since McCain said the war could "last a hudnred years or more."

2. President Obama repealed Don't Ask Don't Tell. This is a major civil rights issue, and now gays and lesbians can serve their country openly.

3. Obama is turning the country around. We are slowly but surely heading in the right direction. The stimulus package created about 2,000 jobs!

4. The President passed National Healthcare so that the large insurance companies will have something to compete with. This means they can no longer rip us off.

If there's anything else my opponent would like to add, then I would like to say for him to feel welcome to do so. Good luck!
joshuaXlawyer

Con

1. President Obama ended the war in Iraq. If McCain would have been elected, the war would have gone on much longer. Especially since McCain said the war could "last a hundred years or more."
(Obama may have ended the war but this doesn't mean we are in the clear, tension in Korea might start another war, so far Obama hasn't prepared for....
As well you accuse McCain to be a war hawk which is clearly faulty, as you may notice McCain is not president for all you know he would have ended it as well. Also his statement was clearly taken under a pretense that he was saying he would increase the time we had in Iraq, However this is an assumption.)

( Ok for one this did not need to be repeal as in was not a violation of civil rights in the first place in the military you are there to do your job nothing more that includes romantic entanglements with your fellow soldiers, gay or heterosexual..)

( Objection!!!! baseless conjecture you have no sources nor proof....
I will also add that 2000 jobs at the cost of millions of dollars the costs out weight the benefits)

4. The President passed National Health care so that the large insurance companies will have something to compete with. This means they can no longer rip us off.

(Objection!!!! national health care has not even been decided upon in congress, Further more baseless conjecture no sources)

Case:

1. Obama has demoralized the U.S people to cause tension between south and north again as the south has more religious people than the north cause segregation.
Namely gay rights issue which has cause this tension...
And racial tension..

2. Obama fanatics which I really hate, accuse any person who criticises him is automatically consider racist... Honestly when he was elected I went to school every black person in school where pretty much rubbing their black power in my face. When the subject ever came up I would say I dislike Obama I was harassed and almost assaulted, they would not even let me explain why I disliked Obama which they in itself were being racist I am not racist but I do enjoy pointing out ignorance..... most Obama fanatics are ignorant only voting for him because he was NOT white or if they were the smart ones which is a rarity actually liked his views.

3. Obama's S.T.A.R.T program is weakening our country by the reduction of nuclear arms, in modern ages we need modern deterrence, plus were do these nuclear weapons go, were are they disposed of?Obama said either all nations give up nukes or no nation gives up nukes but it seems we are the only ones giving up nuclear weapons S.T.A.R.T doesn't apply to other countries but Russia and the U.S what about Korea? China? Pakistan? Etc?

Charles0103

Pro

I thank my opponent for the debate.

1. I would like to say that the Republicans are the more militaristic party. However, we can't argue on assumptions. President Obama ended the war in Iraq by the date he promised. The war should have ended there many years ago. We agreed that after Iraq had 2 safe elections, we'd leave. That's not the case. I believe we've stayed there for 4 elections.

2. Look, I'm not saying that homosexuals should run around screaming their sexuality. But the point is, is that if they catch word that you're gay, they kick you out! That's not right, and that is a human rights violation. Saying that just because people are gay, they will try to hit on the fellow soldiers is very judgemental. Aren't there women in the war effort? Who says the men wouldn't hit on them?

3. President Obama, White House Communications Director Gibbs, and David Axelrod all says the stimulus packages have SAVED or created 2,000 jobs. How would you feel if you or your parents lost their job? Hold that thought. How would you feel if the stimulus got their job back or got them another one?

4. Healthcare has been passed by congress. It just hasn't taken effect yet. It will start in 2012. The whole point of the bill is to provide a government option. The government option gives the multibillion dollar insurance companies something to compete with so they can't rip us off.

1. So my opponent is saying the North and South are still divided? I would like to think better of my country. Gay rights is a big deal. I think it's just as important as the civil rights bill of 1964. These people can't get married or even serve their country in the military! I personally wouldn't be gay, but we can't deny people these rights.
How has the President caused racial tension? Is it because he's the first black President?

2. I agree Obama was overestimated in 2008. However, this debate is not about his election, it's about his presidency. Besides, aren't there people like my opponent has mentioned in the Republican party?

3. I think my opponent is almost making my case for me. President Obama has agreed that he will not give up nuclear weapons unless the other countries do also. I'm pretty sure the man knows what he's doing, and I doubt he wants his country to get nuked. Before the S.T.A.R.T progam takes effect, there will be multiple nuclear investigations of many countries.
joshuaXlawyer

Con

1. I would like to say that the Republicans are the more militaristic party. However, we can't argue on assumptions. President Obama ended the war in Iraq by the date he promised. The war should have ended there many years ago. We agreed that after Iraq had 2 safe elections, we'd leave. That's not the case. I believe we've stayed there for 4 elections. ( Wow lets look at the stereotypical comment my opponent assumes all republicans are war hawks more baseless conjecture..."The war should have ended there many years ago. We agreed that after Iraq had 2 safe elections, we'd leave. That's not the case. I believe we've stayed there for 4 elections." Irrelevant for one its better safe than sorry two it helps the loyalty of Iraq to use. When we freed those people they must have been happy about it (( besides the extremists)) it helps foreign relations, I help you ; you help me.)

2.Look, I'm not saying that homosexuals should run around screaming their sexuality. But the point is, that if they catch word that you're gay, they kick you out! That's not right, and that is a human rights violation. Saying that just because people are gay, they will try to hit on the fellow soldiers is very judgemental. Aren't there women in the war effort? Who says the men wouldn't hit on them?
(Tisk tisk even more baseless conjecture, I never meant to make any judgmental conjecture but the point I was getting across which you totally avoided was that it is not needed. You should go around telling people you sexuality while serving in the first place the reason is people find out your gay they will treat you different and not all in a good way like a strictly heterosexual who hates gays in the military finds out his subordnate is gay and treats him wrongly like starts fights, disruptions, or even lets say malicious behavor to him it would be better to avoid this when to work as a team therefore when it was in effect kicking you out was to keep order or to protect them from harm.The less personal beliefs shared by the team the better all a soldier should focaus on is protecting each other and completing their missions.As well as homophobia will hinder the team.

(Thank you for feeding me a sappy story about what if's which is baseless conjecture as well as avoiding my actual argument that millions to billions of money has been spent and only produced 2000 jobs ok nice 2000 jobs per million or so, so to get everyones job back we would have spend trillions.)

4. Healthcare has been passed by congress. It just hasn't taken effect yet. It will start in 2012. The whole point of the bill is to provide a government option. The government option gives the multibillion dollar insurance companies something to compete with so they can't rip us off. ( Proof..... i don't see a single source how about you post one or these statments are false because i would like to know where you get this fact from when you do i will attack this again.)

My Case

( ok what i meant was since Obama came into office he has cause a great amount of tension between homosexuals and religious people which is kinda like north and south because there are more religious people in the south than the north. Secondly i would prefer my opponent to not call Obama black for he is not black but muslim its the whole fact that everyone make Obama to be black is in accurate but still yes its because he is mixed and this has cause racial tension because every Obama supporter will call you a racist for even speak against him.)

2.I agree Obama was overestimated in 2008. However, this debate is not about his election, it's about his presidency. Besides, aren't there people like my opponent has mentioned in the Republican party?
( When you mention republican's you mention them like you have you make me think your trying to offend me, From now on refrain from mentioning political parties as a comparison the fact is a rather much don't care have i said anything about Libral donkeys (democrates) this is about if Obama is a good president not which political party is better. What about his election the Obama fans still act that way, I dare you to go on the streets and just yelling i hate Obama and see how many eyes dart your direction lol)

3. I think my opponent is almost making my case for me. President Obama has agreed that he will not give up nuclear weapons unless the other countries do also. I'm pretty sure the man knows what he's doing, and I doubt he wants his country to get nuked. Before the S.T.A.R.T progam takes effect, there will be multiple nuclear investigations of many countries. ( Objection!!!!! you have no sources seeing how i do and it not mentioning these investigations and you don't mine weight more than your baseless dribble.)

Do me a favor and back you your arguments because it helps half of this i can assume is false without it plus if you are correct then sources will help me read up on it so i get an idea of how to attack or defend .

Charles0103

Pro

My opponent states,
"Wow lets look at the stereotypical comment my opponent assumes all republicans are war hawks more baseless conjecture..."

However, it is just a fact that ever since Nixon, the Republican's have been the more militaristic party. Look at Ronald Reagan and both the Bushes compared to Clinton or Carter.

No, Iraq was their own sovereign nation. Sure, Saddam sucked, but why is it our business? And no, it's not better safe than sorry. That just shows that the United States can't keep our promises. And how do we not know they weren't happy before we came in?

My opponent claims that homosexuality causes tension in the military however. A recent poll from the pentagon came out that stated 90% of soldiers didn't mind working with homosexuals. The point is is that if the higher ups hear that you're gay, then they would kick you out, no questions out. If they want to serve, let them serve!

I'm sorry, when I said 2000 jobs, I meant 2000 jobs the first month it was released. I believe it's created a lot more. In fact, it's been around 60,000 (according to Anderson Cooper, not you're "lame stream media").

Obamacare has been passed by the house and the senate. There's no deny it. Google it if you don't believe me. Also, the bill does not take effect until 2014. That's just another fact that is in the bill.

My opponent's case.
1. I believe my opponent lost me along with nearly everyone else when he called our President a muslim. I don't believe there is any tension between homosexuals and religious people. I myself am a man of faith, and I believe we need to do what Jesus said and stop hating others.

2. No, I'm not calling my opponent a Republican extremist. I am saying that there are extremists in every group of people. Whether it's republicans or democrats or atheists and christians. And fine, I won't use the Republican party. Allow me to rephrase my question as, "Aren't there people like my opponent has mentioned that supported John McCain?" And If I yell "I hate Obama!" People will come out with their guns and say, "Amen!" I live in the south... (That's a joke by the way.)

3. Baseless dribble? I'm not sure what that means, but what I can tell you is that Obama is not going to let North Korea or Iran bomb us so easily. He knows the risks and dangers these countries pose. It's only natural that investigations of these countries will follow.

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing. I would like to thank my opponent for his concern, though.
joshuaXlawyer

Con

joshuaXlawyer forfeited this round.
Posted by rarugged 5 years ago
rarugged
sad debate, if i ever saw one.
Posted by unitedandy 5 years ago
unitedandy
Obama is a slightly better option than Sarah Palin or Mitt Romney, but he's been a terrible president. Foreign policy has been the same or worse than Bush, no closure of Gitmo, increased drone attacks in Afghanistan and status quo imperialism. As for domestic policy, health care was pretty disappointing, given that the only thing taken off the table and never even discussed was single payer, then there was extending Bush tax cuts, extension of the patriot act, etc.
Posted by Charles0103 5 years ago
Charles0103
Haha, thanks, Maurucio2. Don't worry, you'll get there!
Posted by mauricio2 5 years ago
mauricio2
wow! what?! pro is one smart political freak! i'm no whee near his level!
Posted by joshuaXlawyer 6 years ago
joshuaXlawyer
http://www.csmonitor.com...
source for START
Vote Placed by Justin-L 6 years ago
Justin-L
Charles0103joshuaXlawyerTied
Vote Placed by clairedy_cat 6 years ago
clairedy_cat
Charles0103joshuaXlawyerTied