Sausagelink27
Ron-Paul

Barack Obama is a good president

Ron-Paul

Sausagelink27

Pro

Please accept this debate, and no trolling
Ron-Paul

Con

I would like to thank Sausagelink27 for challenging me to this debate. I accept his rule of no trolling.

If I may, I would like to set a few parameters for this debate to clear any confusion. I will be negating the resolution that Barack Obama has been a good president.

I'll be nice to my opponent and make this a BoP shared debate, and I'll leave this first round for acceptance.

I look forward to my opponent's arguments and thanks again for challenging me to this.
Sausagelink27

Pro

Sausagelink27 forfeited this round.
Ron-Paul

Con

Ok. I'll guess I post a few arguments.

I. The Economy

America has had the worst post-WWII recession recovery ever.

"Anderson noted that over the past 65 years, since World War II, America has experienced 10 previous recessions and 10 previous recoveries. He reports that average real GDP growth in the first three years after those recessions was 4.6%. In sharp contrast, 'During the Obama recovery", average real GDP growth has been just 2.2% " less than half the historical norm. Of the past 11 recoveries, the Obama recovery has been the worst.'"[1]

"- 6,425,000 jobs gained in the 29 months following the end of the steep and long 1975 recession (221,551 monthly average)
- 8,280,000 jobs gained in the 29 months following the end of the seep and long 1982 recession. (285,517 monthly average)
- 2,584,000 jobs gained in the 29 months following the end of the short and lite 1991 recession. (89,103 monthly average)."[2]

As for Obama:

"215,000 jobs gained in the 29 months following the end of the 2009 recession. (41,896 monthly average)"[2]

Obama's monthly job creation average is less than half the lowest of the three previous recessions, and almost 1/8 as much as Reagan's 29-month recovery.

Clearly, Obama has been a failure in trying to fix the economy.

II. The Environment

Obama rejected the Keystone Pipeline, even though it has no major environmental hazards[3] and will create:

"An independent study estimates that during the life of the project, the Keystone XL project is expected to stimulate:

More than $20 billion in new spending for the U.S. economy;
More than 118,000 person-years of employment;
An increase of $6.5 billion in the personal income of Americans;
Increased gross output (product) of $9.6 billion; and
More than $585 million in state and local taxes in the states along the pipeline route.
'This project will also play an important role in linking a secure and growing supply of Canadian crude oil with the largest refining markets in the United States, significantly improving North American energy security', added Girling."[4]

Obama is rejecting economic benefit and growth for very small environmental issues. This shows a bad policy on his part.

III. Foreign Policy

The New START treaty between Russia and the United States shows both the lack of determination and the danger of this treaty.

Given Russia"s current military arsenal, they will not be affected by this treaty and no reduction of military forces will be present on Russia"s side.[5]

However, abiding by this treaty, the United States will have to trim 20% of its arsenal.[5]

As a result, this treaty negatively impacts the US but not Russia.

Obama has been a failure in foreign policy.

IV. Government Finance

"It took the United States of America 233 years (1776-2009) to amass a national debt of $11 trillion. Yet President Barack Obama's record large 2009 budget deficit estimated at $1.85 trillion and his own spending plans for the next 10 years (2010-2019) show that our national debt will likely double over the next 10 years.

Using the Obama administration's own projections, the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office (CBO) estimates that, including the record 2009 budget deficit of $1.85 trillion, and huge annual deficits over 2009-2019 will result in an additional $11.1 trillion in national debt, on top of the current $11.4 trillion. As I will discuss below, the national debt will very likely more than double in the next decade because some of the CBO's economic assumptions may be too optimistic."[6]

Obama has not been very handy at handling the government's finances.

[1]: http://www.forbes.com...
[2]: http://www.americanthinker.com...
[3]: http://www.platteinstitute.org...
[4]: http://www.pipeline-news.com...
[5]: http://csis.org...
[6]: http://www.investorsinsight.com...
Sausagelink27

Pro

Sausagelink27 forfeited this round.
Ron-Paul

Con

Vote con.
Posted by TheAntidoter 3 years ago
TheAntidoter
Bygone = Bi-winning
Posted by Ron-Paul 3 years ago
Ron-Paul
Debate = Free win.
Posted by TheAntidoter 3 years ago
TheAntidoter
Debate = Abandoned.
Posted by Azul145 4 years ago
Azul145
Go con!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vote Placed by emj32 3 years ago
emj32
Sausagelink27Ron-PaulTied
Vote Placed by drafterman 3 years ago
drafterman
Sausagelink27Ron-PaulTied