Barack Obama is a great President, and one of the best in our time.

Barack Obama is one of the best, most progressive presidents of our time. He has brought long-desired policies to the people of America ranging from healthcare to defense.
Keep in mind he is the first black president of the United States, a significant milestone in our history, and his Republican predecessor was terrible with his low approval rating.
With the experience of only four years as a US Senator, Obama worked hard to defeat his experienced contenders during his 2008 election campaign, while charming everyday Americans with his inspiring message of "Hope."
He brought a luxury seen in most developed countries to the people of America, universally funded health care. With his policies, he brought up the population that made the majority of the US, the lower- and middle-classes.
He also progressed in foreign affairs, finally capturing and killing Osama bin Laden, fighting the lingering terrorist threat of the Islamic State (ISIS), opening up relations with Cuba, and developing a deal with Iran.

I would like to thank my opponent for challenging me to this debate. This seems to just be free form so I will simply do rebuttals. I will rebut first and then move on to arguments. I also condensed the quotes for the sake of space. Let's get started:
1. "Barack Obama is one of the to defense."
I can accept most of this. The "long-desired policies" depends largely on who you ask and the policies of defense Obama has implemented have been desired but were hugely ineffective.
2. "Keep in mind he is the first... low approval rating."
First, I despise the fact that people voted for Obama simply because he is black. I believe in equality in all things, don't get me wrong, but that means equality. Just because someone is black doesn't mean they will be a good president. The fact that this is a milestone only makes it more depressing as the first black president is the worst we have yet to see. As for the Bush administration, just because someone has a low approval rating doesn't make them bad. I realize the Bush administration made mistakes, but they largely did what they should have and the American people as a whole likes to make them a scapegoat for all our problems.
3. "With the experience of only four years...his inspiring message of "Hope.""
The fact that you point out Obama was only a senator for four years is detrimental, not helpful. Obama has less than half the experience as other senators but we gave him the most important job in the United States government. The equivalent here is to give a company manager a position as CEO. Not a good decision. I do realize Obama worked very hard for his position, but this really shows that Obama's only true political skill lies in speeches.
4. "He brought a luxury seen in most...a deal with Iran"
First, just because Obama made a deal, does not mean it was a good one. Also, the killing of Osama bin Laden is truly credited to Seal Team 6 and Bush. Obama was just the bandwagon. Out of space

Civil rights: He has consistently spoken on behalf of the disenfranchised members of society, despite the fact that it was politically unpopular to do so at the time. His outspoken support of gay marriage is an excellent example.

Health care plan: Obama"s health care plan has given uninsured Americans to the benefits of a universal health care system. A suffering child should never be turned away because his or her mother doesn"t have health insurance. To deny medical assistance to people who desperately need it is barbaric.

Middle class: Here are some comments made by Obama in recent months: "Rebuilding our economy starts with strengthening the middle class. Extending tax breaks on 98 percent of families now would give hardworking Americans the security and confidence they need."

Women"s rights: Obama"s first action as President was to sign the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, a bill designed to end wage discrimination for women. He also fully funded the Violence Against Women Act, which addresses the criminality of sexual assault and domestic violence.

Environment: Obama has taken a forward approach to creating a red, white, blue and green America. His policies and initiatives for a clean energy economy have had an incredible impact on the future of the nation. For instance, the U.S. reduced oil imports by more than 10 percent from 2010 - 2011.

Peace: Let us never forget that Obama was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 2009, one of the greatest accomplishments anyone could hope to achieve in a lifetime. The award reads, "The Nobel Peace Prize for 2009 is to be awarded to President Barack Obama for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples."

Education: Believing education is what brings about the strength of a nation, Obama has set a goal for the U.S. to have the highest proportion of college graduates in the world by 2020.

I am simply going to give some of my arguments, as I have not yet:

1. Economy:

a. Industry: Under Obama, American industry, while not significant upon his inauguration, has almost entirely disappeared. This is mainly due to Obama's failure to maintain import tax to encourage American goods as well as Obama's "Robin Hood" tax. This tax does much of what the name would see it do. It takes money from the rich. The problem with this, is that it does no one any good except to make the government money. The rich receive more taxes, so they fire people, raise prices, and move their industry somewhere else, generally with American industry it has moved to China. Many wonder where so many of America's jobs have gone, claiming that it must be foreigners stealing them. The reality is Obama may as well have shipped them away himself. (

b. Employment: Many claim that Obama has increased American employment. This is not the case. Due to my previous statement, many jobs in America no longer exist. Much of the middle class has been gutted. In response to seeing the future source claiming the percentage increase, the reason the numbers appear higher is that those who are not searching for a job no longer count as a part of the American workforce, therefore no longer a part of the statistic. As such, when many gave up searching, the appearance is that the workforce has increased.( You can see this here.

c. Obamacare and Welfare: The ideals of universal welfare are based in solid roots, but what is the reality behind it? Tax increases. These taxes will be given to the middle class, to pay for the lower class who have no aspirations to become middle class, and so encourage the continued lack of work. I believe welfare is an excellent system, but it is being abused. Obamacare is just another expansion to the already myriad of bad welfare policies

Paraney forfeited this round.

LostintheEcho1498 forfeited this round.
Posted by LostintheEcho1498 1 year ago
New guy challenges me to debate.
I get email notification from that guy saying I'm him.
New guy comments on said debate.
Posted by LostintheEcho1498 1 year ago
Am I being punked?
Posted by Amcelwee21 1 year ago
I am so confused is this a joke? Obama was a terrible president have you been here for the past 8 years???? And first of all he didn't capture anyone. It was the military. Second he just got voted on because he was black and you can't deny that. Third he doemsent do anything about Isis I bet he can't wait to get out of office so someone else can nuke their asses.
Posted by LostintheEcho1498 1 year ago
Do you have any kind of a structure you would like for this?