bbagg75
wierdman

Barack Obama is attempting to destroy America.

bbagg75

Pro

Barack Obama has tried all he can to destroy America. He has begun by attacking our economy. Since he has taken over as president the national debt has increased by around 6 trillion dollars. In 2008 it was approximately 10.33 trillion dollars, now in 2012 it's around 16.07 trillion dollars. To attempt to get around what the American citizens actually want Obama has issued around 150 executive orders in 4 years as president. Most of these executive orders have given him almost complete control of America. At any moment he could completely shut our country down. Any ruler in history who has had this much power has completely destroyed their country, and Obama is no different. He has admitted on camera, whether by accident or otherwise, has admitted he is a muslim. Muslims want to destroy America with every fiber of their being. They can lie, cheat, steal, and even shave their beards to destroy America and Israel. He is determined to make our country crumble from within.
wierdman

Con

I thank My opponent for the rather interesting debate and hope that he enjoys it as well.

Before I begin, I will like to point out that my opponent brought up a rather vague topic without any framework. i can only assume that he wants to limit the debate to the issues he pointed out in the previous round. I will also assume that the arguments posted earlier was his opening case. With this said, let's begin:
```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` My opponent makes a very bold claim in stating that Obama has done the best he can to ensure the deterioration of America. What he failed to realize, was that in reality this is quite the opposite. Obama has not only pandered social programs, but has done far more than any conservative or democrat for that matter to protect individual rights.(3) So to say that Obama is trying to destroy America which i assume you are talking about American ideals) while also trying to uphold basic rights is like saying that miley cyrus with her new hair cut is a sane person.
Besides all the critiques y his colleagues, Obama has kept to the philosophy that if all fails, at least America would retain the key value that it was founded upon. (1)(2)

In regards the economy, while I agree that Obama could have been more effective and active towards the economy, it would be unfair to place the blame solely on hm. During most of his term as president, president Obama faced constant obstruction by a predominantly Republican house. Obama who during his term made several efforts to better the economy, was constantly blocked by Republicans. Here is a list of just some of these bills that were blocked or were attempted to be blocked: Tax on Companies that ship jobs overseas- A bill that would have eliminated a tax break that companies get when they ship jobs overseas. Republicans blocked this, allowing companies to keep the tax break they receive when they ship jobs to other countries.
The Small Business Jobs Act- would give LOCAL, community banks access to billions of dollars to loan to small businesses. Republicans blocked this, then attempted to block it a second time and failed. (4) But to make matters worse, Republicans stated that there top priority was to deny obama a second term. So it makes sense that they have done everything in there power to prevent as may bills as possible from getting passed. (5)
My opponents argument that Obama is literally sabotaging America because his Muslim....well does not deserve a response at all. My only question then is what theory can you bring up to explain obama's attitude towards bin laden and his successful forts to capture and prosecute him?

(1) http://www.whitehouse.gov...
(2) http://www.startribune.com...
(3) http://www.economist.com...
(4) http://www.woodcountydemocrats.com...
(5) http://www.policymic.com...
bbagg75

Pro

bbagg75 forfeited this round.
wierdman

Con

wierdman forfeited this round.
bbagg75

Pro

bbagg75 forfeited this round.
wierdman

Con

wierdman forfeited this round.
Posted by muzebreak 1 year ago
muzebreak
When did obama admit he is a muslim?
Posted by philochristos 1 year ago
philochristos
I'm tempted to accept this challenge, but I have some questions first.

1. Is this your opening statement? Or is this just a summary of what you're going to argue?

2. Are you going to assume the burden of proof, leaving it to me to show that you have not carried the burden of proof. Or do I have to shoulder the burden of proving the opposite--that Obama is NOT trying to destroy America?

3. What's the word/character limit? I just joined this web site today, and if I accept, this will be my first debate. Since this is all new to me, I don't know all the ropes yet.