Barack Obama is not a Christian. He is a Muslim.

Barack Obama has claimed to be a Christian. I believe he is not of the Christian faith and is of the Muslim faith. I will take the pro stance because I believe Obama is not a Christian and is a Muslim. Good luck to Con. May it be an interesting debate.

It would indeed be very strange if Barack Obama wouldn't be a Christian, given that he has himself said to be one on numerous occassions.

Obviously, being a protestant Christian he also attends church services.

Obama at Shiloh Baptist Church (Washington DC):

Also before he became President, just as one example, at one time he was a community organisor for the Developing Communities Project a catholic community-organisation project in Roseland.

All of these would be very strange indeed if Barack Obama was not a Christian.

Celebrity atheist Richard Dawkins believes that two of America's presidents share his same religious perspective.
"Like many people, I"m sure that [President Barack] Obama is an atheist," Dawkins told Bill Maher on Friday.

Why would Richard Dawkins say that he thinks Barack Obama is an Atheist?

As for atheism in politics, it is a rare sight. Back in September, HuffPost Politics looked at how the current 113th Congress has zero admitted atheists. A few months after he retired, former Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.) admitted his nonbeliever status. Former Rep. Pete Stark (D-Calif.) had been the only avowed atheist, but he left office in 2012.

What this is an example of is that in the United States claiming to be an Atheist is political career suicide seeing that 83% of the American population claims some form of Christianity as its belief. Moving forward, wouldn't it be more than fair to say that after 9/11 and the unprescedented support within the U.S. for the so called "War on Terror", claiming to be a Muslim would be political career suicide in the U.S.?

Here is a video of Barack Obama mocking the Bible and the Sermon on the Mount given by Jesus Christ. If one were truely a Christian in reverence towards Jesus Christ and the Christian God, this youtube video's comments seem borderline blasphemous, especially when included with the haughty arrogance and smirks manifested during the speech.

Barack Obama has a freudian slip saying,"My Muslim faith".

A focus on openness and honesty are likely to hurt Obama far more than Romney. Obama remains the mystery candidate with an autobiography full of gaps and even fabrications. For example, to sell his autobiography in 1991, Obama falsely claimed that he "was born in Kenya." He lied about never having been a member and candidate of the 1990s Chicago socialist New Party; and when Stanley Kurtz produced evidence to establish that he was a member, Obama's flacks smeared and dismissed Kurtz. Obama's 1995 autobiography, Dreams from My Father, contains a torrent of inaccuracies and falsehoods about his maternal grandfather, his father, his mother, his parents' wedding, his stepfather's father, his high school friend, his girlfriend, Bill Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn, and the Rev. Jeremiah Wright. As historian Victor Davis Hanson puts it, "If a writer will fabricate the details about his own mother's terminal illness and quest for insurance, then he will probably fudge on anything."
Into this larger pattern of mendacity about his past life arises the question of Obama's discussion of his faith, perhaps the most singular and outrageous of his lies.

Asked about the religion of his childhood and youth, Obama offers contradictory answers. He finessed a Mar. 2004 question, "Have you always been a Christian?" by replying: "I was raised more by my mother and my mother was Christian." In Dec. 2007 he confirmed this in stronger words: "My mother was a Christian from Kansas. " I was raised by my mother. So, I've always been a Christian." In Feb. 2009, however, he offered a completely different account:

I was not raised in a particularly religious household. I had a father who was born a Muslim but became an atheist, grandparents who were non-practicing Methodists and Baptists, and a mother who was skeptical of organized religion. I didn't become a Christian until " I moved to the South Side of Chicago after college.

He further elaborated this answer in Sept. 2010, saying: "I came to my Christian faith later in life."

Which is it? Has Obama "always been a Christian" or did he "become a Christian" after college? Self-contradiction on so fundamental a matter of identity, when added to the general questioning about the accuracy of his autobiography, raises questions about veracity; would someone telling the truth say such varied and opposite things about himself? Inconsistency is typical of fabrication: when making things up, it's hard to stick with the same story. Obama appears to be hiding something. Was he the areligious child of irreligious parents? Or was he always a Christian? A Muslim? Or was he, in fact, something of his own creation " a Christian/Muslim?

Karasaar forfeited this round.

It has become "politically incorrect to ever say anything against Islam. This is why Westerners, even Atheists typically don't take shots at Islam. It feels more in the comfort zone to take shots at Christianity because this is the religion that the West is most familiar with. Rebellion against Christianity in the West is like rebelling against Mom and Dad and doing your own thing. A distaste for Islam is viewed as bigotry because the West sees Islam as foreign and in need of the secular world's tolerance. Islam is very unknown in extremely Christianized or secular regions of the world. I am well studied on Islam. This is why I see the differences and am fully aware of what is "really" happening. Theologically studied people shake their heads at the lack of knowledge in the West towards its biggest global threat. We see bumper stickers that say something about religious tolerance, and we see it for what it is. I can tell when I am in the presence of a theologically educated Westerner when and if they have such a saying cross their path while I am amongst a group they are in and they choose to flip a subconscious statement of frustration into the open. Because of a fear of seeming a bigot, they pull back and redirect their rhetoric. I smile and ponder what all they are silently thinking. What would such a comment look like? It goes like this,"But they don't want peace with us." Or "Yeah, they pretend to want peace with us." Or sometimes,"We do want peace, but they don't." Who are they talking about? Islam.

How do you know I am not a Muslim? How do you know Billy Graham was not a "closet Muslim"? For starters, neither of us have/had an Islamic name. We did not go to Muslim classes as a child. We were not raised in an Islamic region of the world. We would not receive applause or a welcomed response from a crowd under Sharia Law. But more importantly, we do/did defend our faith, Christianity. Barack Obama shows his hand when he mocks Christianity, and he does not have a defensive rhetoric when it comes to Christianity. The one thing a religious person, especially a strong, opinionated one will not stand close lipped about, is their faith, notably when it is attacked. Barack is very "defensive" of Islam, and to a fault. To any Atheist; how would you respond if you were in a place where Atheism was in the majority, many had your back, and someone said,"Atheism needs to be irradicated from society?", and then you were handed the microphone for a rebutal. Would you laugh at parts of Atheism and say,"Atheists need to study science more."? I am sure the answer is no.

So here is the actual scenario. Barack mocked the usefulness of the Sermon on the Mount, given by Jesus Christ, God in the flesh according to Christianity, and declared that people "were not reading their Bibles." This shows no respect or fear of the Christian God/Jesus Christ, and he takes a swipe at Christianity's followers. With a loud amount of strangeness, Barack is negative towards Christians and Christianity in general references. He seems close lipped about using the name "Jesus". This is very, very odd for a so called "Christian". I know no Christian who is uncomfortable saying "Jesus". It's simple. I'll do it again. Jesus is my savior. Jesus is Christ(king). Jesus is Lord. Jesus is the King of Kings. See how easily I go about that? To Billy Graham, Joyce Meyer, your neighborhood Christian, or even me, these words are/were our life.

This video shows him speaking of Jesus but never using his name. Why not? He has no problem saying Alah or Muhammed.

Here is another where Obama is all over Christianity, even using the Sermon on the Mount, but never says "Jesus". He even refers to the SOTM as radical. The SOTM words are the words of Jesus Christ(God in human form). He is a "Christian", yet he refers to God's words as radical. This is blasphemy in Christianity and a dangerous line to cross according to the Bible itself.

After the slaughter of Christians in a Kenyan school, Obama nips at Christians then fails to mention the event in Kenya at all. But, "he is Christian".

I was raised in a Christian home, and this video demonstrates how I would speak in tone about the religion that gives me my inspiration. So, as a religious person, I can speak for how a religious person holds to there belief with utter respect and takes pride in what it is and in what it means to them. Barack Hussein Obama speaks highly, pridefully, and defensively about Islam even saying,"I know the debt the world has to Islam." He goes on to speak about his own personal history with Islam. If it were so wonderful, and Christianity is so irritating, why didn't he stick with Islam?

Atheist video that speaks of lying being encouraged in Islam. It has some language and pokes fun at Christianity, so discretion is advised.

Karasaar forfeited this round.

Barack Obama Christian or Muslim

New International Version
Romans 10:9
If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

What does it look like and sound like to have faith in Jesus Christ

-Steffin Curry uses the words," faith in Jesus Christ."

-Steffin Curry speech (short)

-Tim Tebow on ESPN speaking of his faith in Jesus Christ

What does this guy profess with his mouth? (George W. Bush 50 seconds long)

So these 3 people, all of different levels of respect or lack thereof speak of their faith and salvation freely, and have no appearance of jumping around the topic. Do you believe Jesus is Christ or not? It's an easy question. It's easy for me. I have no reluctance in saying Jesus is my Lord and savior. Why? Because I serve him by my actions and by changing my inperfections by absorbing his words and his commands. I respect His authority and reverence His position. I am proud of who He is and who and what He is to me. Steffin Curry and Tim Tebow appear to feel the same. Even the former President and full fledged politician, George W. Bush, takes pause and appears to have a personal moment when speaking about Jesus. He goes on to say "Jesus changed me". Is he perfect? Absolutely not, but nevertheless, he seems to have a personal reverence on some level towards Jesus Christ. Barack acts as if he has no desire to declare Jesus by name or be proud of his "relationship to Jesus Christ". He mentions no such relationship. He never uses the name "Jesus" in his rhetoric about his "faith". He seems to avoid this topic at all costs.

"There is no god but Allah" (The Shahada)

According to Arabic-language and Islamic experts, the ring Obama has been wearing for more than 30 years is adorned with the first part of the Islamic declaration of faith, the Shahada: "There is no god except Allah."

"The sign of the return of Imaam Mahdi"
In the religion of Islam, Muslims are awaiting the Islamic Messiah or Imaam Mahdi. The Mahdi is to come and lead the Muslims against the Christians, Jews, and "unbelievers" who will not convert in the "end of days". The sign of the Mahdi is the sun setting over the West. Why is this meaningful? Barack Obama's plane has his own unique symbol on the tail of the plane. The symbol is the sun setting over the American flag. Coincidence unexagerrated after unexaggerated coincidence. At some point wisdom must be known of her children. Barack Hussein Obama is a Muslim, plain and simple.

"Islamic Deception to Unbelievers"

Islam Permits Lying to Deceive Unbelievers and Bring World"Domination. Muslims lie when it is in their interest to do so and "Allah" will not hold them accountable for lying when it is beneficial to the cause of Islam. They can lie without any guilt or fear of accountability or retribution. A lie in the defense of Islam is approved even applauded in their "holy" books.

deception; the islamic word for concealing or disguising one"s beliefs, convictions, ideas, feelings, opinions, and/or strategies.

Karasaar forfeited this round.

There seems to be something of a disconnect between who Egyptians think America is supporting, and who America actually is supporting in Cairo. In the U.S., story after story has been written about how the Obama Administration has bent over backwards not to call this latest change in government a "coup" and has been relatively muted in its reaction to the deaths of so many civilians " upwards of 1,000 in the last week alone.

Yet Egyptians remain convinced that President Obama is backing the Muslim Brotherhood and deposed President Mohamed Morsi. At a lunch at the Egyptian Ambassador"s residence on Thursday, Dr. Mohamed Abou El-Ghar, head of the Egyptian Social Democratic Party, bluntly warned a small gathering of journalists and policy wonks that he fears, "America is losing Egypt"There is a very strong perception that they are supporting the Muslim Brotherhood and they are against other parties," he said.

The perception began even before the Egyptians elected Morsi, Abou el-Ghar said, when Senator John McCain, an Arizona Republican and 2008 GOP presidential nominee, met with members of the Muslin Brotherhood in February 2012 but not representatives from competing parties. The headlines were: U.S. Warms to the Muslim Brotherhood. It was furthered when U.S. Ambassador to Egypt Anne Patterson criticized Egypt"s military for interfering in July when opponents deposed Morsi. That view has become more widespread since, with the Pentagon"s decision to defer delivery of F-16 fighter jets to Egypt and the Administration"s review of aid to Cairo.

The latest evidence of Obama"s purported proclivity towards the Brotherhood came in Thursday"s State Department briefing, which has made headlines in Egypt. In it, spokesman Jen Psaki says that the choice to detain of former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak is an "internal Egyptian legal matter," but in the next breath calls for the release of Morsi, who is accused of many serious crimes. Egyptians took this as further evidence that America is intervening on behalf of the Brotherhood still:

Karasaar forfeited this round.
Posted by IntellectVsSpirit5000 1 year ago
Con forfeited every round after round 1.
Muslims can even deny their faith to nonbelievers. This is why the religion is so dangerous and deceptive to deal with. Allah is referred to as "The Great Deciever" many, many times in the Quran.
Taqiyya the Act of Lying in Islam

Muslims are commanded to lie blantantly to Atheists and Christians, essentially all nonmuslims.
Posted by n7 1 year ago
In that case literally anyone can be a Muslim. Perhaps the entire US government is Islamic. Perhaps you're a Muslim. Furthermore, it makes your position unfalsifiable, as any evidence brought forth can be rejected.

Where in the Qur'an does it say you can break the fundamental laws of Islam when lying? There is one thing to lie to an enemy about your beliefs and another to actually participate in what's forbidden. Especially when Obama didn't necessarily have to drink beer or eat pork.
Qur'an (16:106) --Establishes that there are circumstances that can "compel" a Muslim to tell a lie.

Bukhari (49:857) - "He who makes peace between the people by inventing good information or saying good things, is not a liar."" Lying is permitted when the end justifies the means.

Bukhari (84:64-65) - Speaking from a position of power at the time, Ali confirms that lying is permissible in order to deceive an "enemy."
It sounds good and looks good at first thought, but with a look into the Islamic faith, well theologically based people know this concept goes deeper. I quote,"A rose is still a rose by any other name."

Muslims are permitted to lie: (1) to save their lives, (2) to reconcile a husband and wife, (3) to persuade a woman into a bedroom and (4) to facilitate one on his journey. Muslims are even permitted to disavow Islam and Mohammed if it is not a genuine heart-felt rejection. Muslims will tell you that concealment of a truth is not an abandonment of that truth if it benefits Islam.

Mohammed gave permission for a follower to lie in order to kill a Jewish poet who had offended Mohammed. I could provide many examples of permissible lying from the Koran and Hadith and will do so when my critics accuse me of hatred and bigotry because of this column. My motives are not important but the truth is. However, many unprincipled people do not consider truth important. It is political correctness that sits on the throne to be worshiped.

Muslims may appear very sincere; in fact, they are sincere, when they lie for their own protection or in the cause of Islam. They have permission to lie. Yes, Christians have also lied but never are they given permission to lie. However, a Muslim has no guilt since the Koran and Hadith permit his deception.
Posted by n7 1 year ago
"Forbidden to you (for food) are: dead meat, blood, the flesh of swine, and that on which hath been invoked the name of other than Allah."- 5:3

"O believers! Intoxicants and gambling (games of chance), dedication to stones (paying tribute to idols) and division by arrows (lottery) are the filthy works of Shaitan. Get away from them, so that you may prosper."- 5:90

Yep, looks muslim to me.
Posted by A_Anime_Fan 1 year ago
I'm gonna go with Con on this situation. I don't believe Obama is a Muslim because of a few simple reasons. He has openly supported gay marriage and admits to eating bacon, and he is Pro-choice. It would be interesting if Pro came up with a convincing argument , but seeing as the facts I've just laid out there, it is not probable
Vote Placed by LoserBro2003 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Con was better.