radioactivepotatoman
Ragnar_Rahl

Barack Obama was recently pwnt by Rio de Janeiro

Ragnar_Rahl

radioactivepotatoman

Pro

Here's what I have to say to Obama right now: http://www.tf2wiki.net...

Basically, he was totally pwnt by the Rio Olympics thing. He got all that publicity and junk and few not one, but TWO planes to Chicago, and was all like "Yo homies! I'ma bring teh Olympics here!!11! Don't worry man, I got this!" Then the first city that was totally [expletive]'d by voting was Chicago. If that's an epic fail in your book, I don't know what is.

Well, possibly this:--------------->

Anyways, I am debating anyone who is so nuts as to take Obama's side here, or someone who agrees with me and just wants to see where I'm going to go with this.
Ragnar_Rahl

Con

Barack isn't THAT stupid. He knows how much money the Olympics would cost, how much his health care proposal would cost, and how much the government's funding model is strained right now.

He probably arranged it himself behind the scenes, and made his "public support" just so he could have plausible deniability. That way he can declare, when it comes time for federal grants to states to go around again, "You guys ain't in need, you had all these plans for the Olympics, grab the revenue you wanted to use for that."
radioactivepotatoman

Pro

Oh ho ho, in comes Mr. Serious Business. I guess you're taking this debate in that way. It wasn't to be...

Anyways, so, its a conspiracy? I knew it; Obama is calling the shots for the entire world, mostly Denmark. I mean, that's who voted, right? He IS in control of the whole world. I knew it.

HAHAHA DISREGARD THAT, he doesn't control the world and their votes; the entire world isn't Iran, is it?
Ragnar_Rahl

Con

Hooboy.

You don't need to control the entire world to disqualify a city in your own country. And it's obvious that something's fishy, they wouldn't want to take the risk of annoying Obama by disqualifying Chicago in the first round instead of arranging it for a respectable last minute loss unless they knew he wouldn't get annoyed about it, he is a fairly popular fellow right now, across most of the world, and one who pulls off the difficult task of not appearing to be trigger happy and yet actually being such (more troops to Afghanistan anyone?)
radioactivepotatoman

Pro

I underestimated you, Ragnar_Rahl, but I don't think I ever should have or did in the first place.

It's quite clear that there's a lot of people who really do NOT like Obama. Mostly not in our country, because we just eat him up like apple pie, because he's black and trying so hard. And he promised Change, so that must be coming soon to a theater near you. Anyways, there are people that don't like him, and, well, some might have voted against Chicago in spite of him. I mean, last time I checked, Obama didn't do too much to help out Brazil or Denmark. Because they aren't the issue. They're like The Netherlands; no one really cares what's going on there, so we don't focus on it, we focus on the stuff that makes our country seem like we're doing something in Afghanistan or something (but we're not! Oh ho ho!).

It is pretty obvious that it doesn't take a world to vote. And I know that, but it also doesn't take a lot of people to rig an election with their own opinions.

I look back at what I just said, and its a little hard to comprehend, but since I don't like to go back and edit, I don't care. Your move Ragnar
Ragnar_Rahl

Con

:It's quite clear that there's a lot of people who really do NOT like Obama. Mostly not in our country, because we just eat him up like apple pie, because he's black and trying so hard.
http://pewglobal.org...

This means that the world hearts Obama, especially compared to Bush. Those are VERY high approval numbers.

And, indeed, most of his strong dislikers happen to be conservatives and libertarians, both of which are largely American phenomena ("conservatives" overseas are a whole different thing, and "libertarians" overseas are almost nonexistent except in a few isolated places in New Zealand.

:Anyways, there are people that don't like him, and, well, some might have voted against Chicago in spite of him.
You seriously think that countries concentrate their anti-Obama types on the "committee for socialized sports," AKA Olympics committees?

:I mean, last time I checked, Obama didn't do too much to help out Brazil or Denmark.
http://online.wsj.com...
Eh?
As for Denmark, they don't really need direct help except for Obama to continue fighting in the Middle East so Europe doesn't have to and thus Denmark can keep its gargantuan welfare state on the money they save off defense.

My earlier source showed Brazil's approval numbers for Obama. These aren't recent but Denmark had him at 70% when the elections were going on http://www.huffingtonpost.com....
Posted by radioactivepotatoman 7 years ago
radioactivepotatoman
This was such an epic debate
Posted by sadolite 7 years ago
sadolite
The summer Olympics and Chicago, Ya, that's like peanut butter and jelly.
radioactivepotatoman
I honestly voted here.
Ragnar, you were a good opponent. Not too many people convince me, especially in LOL debates such as this one. And you did. Good for you. :D
radioactivepotatoman
Oh this has got to be good. Ragnar, I have great expectations for you. But:

No walls of text.
radioactivepotatoman
Still....
Posted by Nails 7 years ago
Nails
I suppose you could argue that it wasn't Rio de Janeiro doing the pwning but whoever decided on it. In my opinion, this resolution favors the affirmative WAY too much and that video is some pretty damming evidence.
Vote Placed by Clockwork 7 years ago
Clockwork
radioactivepotatomanRagnar_RahlTied
Vote Placed by comoncents 7 years ago
comoncents
radioactivepotatomanRagnar_RahlTied
Vote Placed by radioactivepotatoman 7 years ago
radioactivepotatoman
radioactivepotatomanRagnar_RahlTied