imabench
QuaterGirl4u

Barack Obama will be re-elected if he faces the current GOP candidates one on one

imabench

imabench

Pro

My First debate was accepted by the troll mysterio whose account was closed shortly after accepting me debate...... The Second was accepted by another troll so ill try this one last time......

I believe that Barack Obama will be re-elected president because overall he is a better campaigner and a better overall candidate than any individual out of the current GOP candidates.

Every current candidate in the GOP has some fatal flaw or fatal quality that I believe would cost them the presidential election if they were to go one-on-one against Barack Obama in the 2012 campaign for the presidency

The Con must simply offer evidence against this, I encourage a creative counter-argument :)

Con may also use the first round to state his arguments, or if they choose to they can simply accept the debate and wait until the second round to state their arguments. There are 5 rounds and a 8000 character limit so there will be plenty of debating.

This argument is based on the one condition that no new Republican candidates enter the field for president....... I dont want to end up in a debate where the Con is going to argue that Palin or Donald Trump will join the race and they would beat Obama, for fairness the Con may only argue for the CURRENT GOP candidates, they include,

Mitt Romney
Rick Perry
Michele Bachmann
Herman Cain

If you really want to you may also argue for
Newt Gingrich
Ron Paul
Rick Santorum
John Huntsman

If you accept this argument please post some legitamite arguments, dont just troll and rant
QuaterGirl4u

Con

Ok then I will take this. Don't worry I will not troll this one and I will really debate with you fairly. First off I don't agree with this people that are running vs Obama. They all have there flaws and are not the best people to run for office but you said in you're debate that Obama will be re elected if he faces the GOP candidates one on one. I only have to prove to you that he will lose if he faces these guys. Good luck.
imabench

Pro

That is the debate and good luck to you too :)

Ill start then by stating some of Obama's accomplishments as president that could help him get re-elected.

1) Obama has announced plans to begin the final stages of withdrawing troops from Iraq, one of the longest wars in US history that even today is still very unpopular among troops and voters. The ending of a war may bring him approval from voters for finally ending the costly war.

2) The recession is starting to heal since Obama took office, unemployment is decreasing at a steady (slow as hell but steady) rate and if the numbers continue to go down over the next year as the election heats up the people may notice the improvement and support him in the election.

3) Early in his presidency he signed an agreement with Russia to cut the nuclear stockpiles of both nations in half over time. This would be very appealing to peace lovers who, along with his withdrawal of troops from Iraq, may come out to support him when the time for voting comes.

4) Obama did authorize the mission to take out Osama Bin Laden which was a great victory for the United States. With his death and the continuing pressure against Al Qaeda we could also see the close of the war in Afghanistan which would please peace lovers as well.

Also Obama's role in US involvement in the Libyan Civil War was very well played because he kept US troops from being deployed into another distant conflict but he did donate resources which helped take down one of the most notorious dictators in the world. Gaddafi's death will also bring us closer to world peace which again would bring peace lovers to support him.

5) I really, really, really hate to say this but Obama's ethnicity could possibly gather support from African American voters in the next election which could boost his numbers.

6) Lastly Obama showed during the debt ceiling debacle that he is willing to work with the Republicans and make cuts to programs he favors if it helps remedy the debt situation. Such actions may appeal to independent voters who want the 2 parties to work together because so far almost all of the current GOP candidates have shown their disapproval of Obama and all of his policies....
QuaterGirl4u

Con

QuaterGirl4u forfeited this round.
imabench

Pro

my points still stand....
QuaterGirl4u

Con

QuaterGirl4u forfeited this round.
imabench

Pro

My points still stand....
QuaterGirl4u

Con

QuaterGirl4u forfeited this round.
imabench

Pro

Vote Pro -_________________-
QuaterGirl4u

Con

QuaterGirl4u forfeited this round.
Posted by imabench 5 years ago
imabench
Yeah but this way its more interesting :)
Posted by mongeese 5 years ago
mongeese
You could narrow the focus of the debate by requiring that your opponent choose only one candidate to argue for. If they believe that a candidate should win, they shouldn't need any back-ups.
Vote Placed by Viper-King 5 years ago
Viper-King
imabenchQuaterGirl4uTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con-No Argument
Vote Placed by ApostateAbe 5 years ago
ApostateAbe
imabenchQuaterGirl4uTied
Reasons for voting decision: forfeit