Barack is one of the worst presidents

lets start

I would like to start off by clearly stating that there is absolutely no RIGHT or WRONG answer. There are facts, either good or bad, depending on how one individual chooses to interpret them.

I personally disagree with the statement at hand. I believe that Barack Obama is doing a fine job as President, especially with the present state of our economy and the world's politics. And before I delve into the multitude of things he's done to help our country and push our economy forward and help us get back on our feet, no one can say he hasn't made a few mistakes along the way. Just like no one could say he hasn't done anything useful for this country. Think about: Thomas Edison invented the light bulb, correct? That was an amazing invention that changed the world forever. This took him 1,000 tries before he became successful. He failed 1,000 times. Obama definitely hasn't failed that many times, and he's already done wonders to help the people of this country, and the world.

Now to some simple points of the good he's done for America:
1. Passed Health Care Reform.
2. Passed the Stimulus which has produced nearly 7 MILLION Private-Sector Jobs.
3: Passed the Wall Street Reform after its practices caused the 'Great Recession.'
4: Ended the War in Iraq, last troops pulled out December 18th, 2011.
5: Killed Osama. (In before "HE only gave the Command, he didn't PERSONALLY do ANYTHING!1")
6: Prevented the Collapse of our Auto Industry. ($16B from Bush and $62B from Obama) Created 200,000+ jobs, and the 3 biggest of the Automakers have ALL gained Market Share for the first time in 2 decades.
7: Repealed 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell'.
8: Reversed Bush TORTURE Policies.
9: Separated Banks from the Student Federal Loan and expanded Student Pell Grant funding.
10: Helped Veterans by offering Tax Credits to any Business who hires any Veteran, thus increasing chances of Vets getting Jobs.
11. Tightened Sanctions on Iran. In an effort to deter Iran"s nuclear program, signed Comprehensive Iran Sanctions, Accountability, and Divestment Act (2010) to punish firms and individuals who aid Iran"s petroleum sector.
12: Eliminated Catch-22 in Pay Equality Laws. Passed the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, which gives Women the right to sue their Employers if they find out their being paid less because of Discrimination.
13: Improved Food Safety System. In 2011, signed FDA Food Safety Modernization Act, which boosts the Food and Drug Administration"s budget by $1.4 billion and expands its regulatory responsibilities to include increasing number of food inspections, issuing direct food recalls, and reviewing the current food safety practices of countries importing products into America.
14: Expanded Health Coverage for Children. Using ONLY the Tax Increase on Tobacco Products, the Children's Health Insurance Authorization Act will provide Insurance for 4 Million more Children.
15: Expanded Stem Cell Research. In 2009, eliminated the Bush-era restrictions on embryonic stem cell research, which shows promise in treating spinal injuries, among many other areas.

And then there's the issue of taxes: So many of the people today blame the president if higher taxes are considered. What you may not know, is that a good percentage of those taxes are to help schools, and are used to improve our communities! Something we TRULY need. How do we expect to prosper if we do not even take a chance to contemplate the fact that if we want to succeed as a nation, we need to support the source? The source is the younger generation! The schools! We need to improve their education, to have an even more successful future ahead of us! But if you do not pay a few more cents of tax, we will not reach our goal to become a successful country. The drop-out rates are outstanding, the funny "coincidental" conclusion is that most of those who argue against raising taxes to support schools are those who dropped out due to a lack of good education. While this is not always true, this was just an entertaining tidbit. Plus, he has produced any and all documents, facts and information when asked to do so, so much as the law permits.

If Obama is such a good president why do we have a debt of 16.9 trillion dollars and increasing, Also Health care plans to hire more I.R.S workers and it will force people to have health insurance, and back to the debt thing when the debt gets to high that means there will be more debt in america and it could led to another Great depression. Another thing to mention is gas prices are getting higher. and

I would like to point out that your argument that debt is Obama's fault is completely invalid for one reason. We have had debt ever since the conception of this country. According to The Bureau of Public Debt, we have been in debt since The American Revolution which costed $75,463,476.52. That started our debt deficit. Then in the 1830s, under Andrew Jackson our debt was gone, and the Pro-Jacksonites soon became the democratic party. Then our debt amounted to millions soon after. So every president will have to deal with debt. And as the years passed into the 1900s, our debt grew to 22 Billion dollars. And the debt being high can't lead to debt in America. America's debt is high because of MANY factors. And about the debt leading to another Great Depression, which sources did you use? Because there are many news networks that have more bias, than fact. During the Great Depression the people spent more money than they had, when the credit card became popular. And the gas prices are completely unrelated to Obama, so may I ask how that is relevant? And gas prices have consistently risen since the beginning of gas. Everything has gotten more expensive, to be more accurate. You used to be able to buy a new car for $5,000. Many prices have escalated because the value of money has changed. (Debt info)

If obama was such a good president what is he doing to decrease the debt, the debt is increasing day by day.

As I've stated before, debt will continue increase day by day no matter who is in office, I have explained this in more detail in my other argument. But I do believe that he is trying. If he wasn't trying then he wouldn't have been re-elected. I will restate something I've said before: We have been in debt since the beginning of our country. Debt is debt is debt. That is something that the US will struggle with for years upon years. It's not like President Obama came into office and we suddenly have billions of dollars in debt. This has been an accumulation over the years. No matter who was President, we would have debt. And the purpose of me taking part of this debate was to not only voice my political opinions, but to see and understand those who view things different than I. So while I respect your opinion, I do not believe that President is necessarily is a bad President.
Posted by Neil1 2 years ago
FACT(1): Reagan added $1.9 trillion to the debt. Bush Sr. added an additional $1.5. Clinton added $1.4. Dubbya added $6.1. Obama has added less than $3.0, the bulk of which was to offset the effects of the Bush recession. Who holds that debt? China; $1.2 trillion. Japan; $900 billion. The Fed; $1.6 trillion. The public; $3.6 trillion. Government trusts; $1.9 trillion. Social Security; $2.7 trillion. So nice try, but no Kewpie doll for you.

FACT2(): Osama bin Laden, the man who murdered 3,000+ Americans on 9/11 is dead. Muammar Khaddafi, the man who blew 300+ Americans out of the sky is dead. More al Qaeda terrorists were taken out under just Obama"s first three years than during the entire 8 years of Bush"s "War on Terrorism," where we somehow managed to wind up in Iraq; a country that offered asylum to zero terrorists. "Nuff said.

FACT(3): There were 13 attacks on American embassies during the Bush years, resulting in some 100 deaths. But Fox News and their reich-wing cohorts has never mentioned them. Benghazi is something that happened to us, not something the administration did. I"m sorry you haven"t gotten the memo, but Benghazi is just another Fox non-story. Same with the IRS "scandal."

FACT(4): 3,000 Americans killed by al Qaeda on 9/11, when George W. Bush was president. Zero successful al Qaeda attacks on America under Obama. Do the math.

Shall I go on.........Looks as if winno67843 is drinking the Faux News kool-ade!
Posted by Peccantium 2 years ago
The con did not make such a great argument in that first round. She was just listing things Obama has done. A lot of those things are only "good things" if you are already pro-Obama. Like ending the war in Iraq, that is not a good thing to everyone. She said there are only things people believe are good and bad, so try to persuade the conservative maniac that the things Obama has done are good, not simply list the things he has done. By the way, I am a Independent and think the reason the U.S.A is doing so bad is because we have split the U.S.A into conservatives and liberals. And to the guy who called the Pro a "right-wing loon", you should try talking to my mom. She makes Shaun Hannity look liberal.
Posted by julio.morquecho 2 years ago
As she said there is no right from wrong, Obama has done a great job, no one is perfect, tell me pro, how would you be able to handle a whole country, instead of talking, do something, take initiative, as you should to Con, and Con Thomas Edison did not create the light bulb, it was already created expect he perfected it.
Posted by Dishoungh 2 years ago
I agree with con. Usually, I think people always complain about taxes because they're too lazy to spend a dollar or a couple of pennies for taxes.
Posted by BobTurner 2 years ago
lol Con is sipping the koolaid big time.

Granted, Pro is a right-wing loon who probably gets his news from Fox and Breitbart, but still.
Vote Placed by Actionsspeak 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Con had strong arguments, and focused on more than debt.
Vote Placed by jamccartney 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Con seems to know what she is talking about, while Pro does not. Pro made short, unfounded arguments, while Con made factual claims.
Vote Placed by Dakota-Hiltzman 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Pro overwhelmingly fails to show that Obama is one of the worsts presidents. Pro's only argument is the national debt, which Con refutes by pointing out that we've always had debt. Further Pro doesn't refute even one of Con's arguments showing the Obama has done a good job.