vampalicious2002
BaconLover

Barbie Has Become an Outdated Toy

BaconLover
Started: 1/8/2014 Category: Games

vampalicious2002

Con

I perceive that Barbie is not an out-dated toy as it teaches small children to have a think about what their career goal is. These dolls are known as the " I Can Be " Barbie dolls. Because Barbie has many professions, this gives children an idea of what they want to become, therefore children will push themselves in learning to get to their career goal. Overall, this means that Barbie encourages children to study to get good jobs creating more services, entertainment and more to the community in the future.

Link: http://icanbe.barbie.com...
BaconLover

Pro

I do not only believe Barbie is outdated (created in 1959) I believe it also is degrading to society's view of women. Firstly, the dictionary definition of outdated is obsolete or out of date. Since that is a quite narrow definition, and this seems to lead itself to a debate based solely on opinion, I will take a product made in the year Barbie was made. The Edsel car [1]. Edsel is a car that was designed to increase Ford Motor Company's profit and popularity, yet sadly failed. The Edsel is considered quite out-of-date, seeing as it is virtually nonexistent and is not made anymore. Taking a product made in the same year as Barbie and seeing that it has been all but forgotten shows that 1959 products may be considered out of date.
vampalicious2002

Con

Most people agree that Barbie has not become an out-dated toy as many girls, like beautiful and pretty things. Barbie represents a strong and beautiful girl who succeeds in everything. Barbie's best-selling doll was a "Totally Hair Barbie"(1992). This was because Barbie's hair was very long and can be styled in many different ways. Girls also get extremely excited as Barbie comes with many clothes, accessories and shoes. Barbie's first pet was a horse named Dancer. This toy was one of the many pets she had. Barbie had more than 50 pets including 21 dogs, 6 cats, a chimpanzee, a panda, a parrot, a lion cub, a giraffe and a zebra. Barbie's very first car was a 1962 Austin Healey roadster.
BaconLover

Pro

Girls may like pretty, girly things, but there is a huge market of those- it is not only restricted to Barbie, making Barbie the only toy available out there that meets these requirements. In addition, your points simply prove mine: her biggest selling item- made in 1992! Barbie's time has come and passed, to make room for new toys for this century. With all the technology these days, girls aren't impressed by a plastic doll less than a foot tall with a painted smile and limbs that barely move. Barbie is outdated. Vote Pro.
vampalicious2002

Con

Barbie is definitely not out-dated. Think about this doll's journey. This doll was invented in 1959 by Ruth Handler(co-founder of MATTEL). Barbie&Ken where named by Ruth Handler's daughter&son. Ken was introduced 2 years after Barbie in 1961. She came out as a blonde, brunette&then red hair was added. Barbie was first sold in 1959 where 300,000 dolls where sold. Today those 1959 dolls are valued&sold for $27,450! In 1965 Barbie had bendable legs and eyes that open&shut. Throughout the years, Barbie has improved in many different ways. She has pets, cars, a dream house( 36 hot tubs, an endless closet, flipping food on tables & in the kitchen & much more) etc. Berlin had built a life size dreamhouse &3000 people visit per day.- www.barbie.com
BaconLover

Pro

While I acknowledge that Barbie has had an outstanding journey, I believe we should agree that it has come to an end. The fact that Barbie.com gets 3,000 views a day actually proves my own point- Google gets 320 million views a day in just America. 3000 is honestly next to nothing. I urge you to vote pro.
Vote Placed by KingDebater 2 years ago
KingDebater
vampalicious2002BaconLoverTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro is right about his point - Barbie was made in 1992. That is really old!
Vote Placed by paigeb 2 years ago
paigeb
vampalicious2002BaconLoverTied
Reasons for voting decision: I agreed with con before the debate. Barbie has been a world recognized brand that has developed itself over the course of time. However, over my opinions, I have to reconsider my view points just on the evidence and opinions of this debate. After debate, I did agree for pro, as they delivered more convincing arguments. The conduct and grammar was tied, as I felt both sides delivered exceptionally on those points. I do feel, however, that both sides could of gotten evidence for this debate to make more sustainable claims. I do feel even some evidence in this debate, for both sides, should have been cited. On both sides, there were examples of cited websites, though. That point I will leave tied also. Overall, I thought pro had more convincing arguments and the con side did not thuroughly execute in defending that Barbie is not outdated as well as pro executed that it is. Vote Pro.