Barbie a good Role Model for young Children?

My argument is that Are beloved friend Barbie could be considered harmful.

Many Know about the effects one can have on a child, But what about one almost every little girl has played with when she was young.

My first point will be this picture
I recently found this in the news Ukrainian model Valeria Lukyanova is a living doll. she has used plastic surgery as well as everyday cosmetics to transform herself into a real-life Barbie. Saying that when she was little she always wanted to be the perfect girl body and personality wise and used barbie has an influence

The Negative Effects of Barbie on young Girls and the long term results
Is forever young and beautiful Barbie Doll a simple child"s toy or a superficial cultural tyrant? Britannica Encyclopedia states that "Barbie is a plastic doll, 11.9in. Tall, with the figure of an adult woman that was introduced in 1959 by Mattel Inc." Since Barbie"s creation the doll has been scrutinized by many for her unrealistic body proportions and superficiality, for her endless supply of clothes, shoes, houses and many other accessories. Today Barbie is a "symbol of consumer capitalism and is a global brand" (Britannica Encyclopedia). But not every country is mesmerized by Barbie"s charm, "in 1995 Saudi Arabia banned the sale and purchasing of Barbie"s because it violated strict dress code for women. Maybe the Saudi Arabians are on to something bigger, maybe Barbie isn"t just a toy, maybe she has a great influence and psychological effect on the young girls of the world and the those girls who will turn in to women. Barbie has negative influence on young girls, and makes then self-conscious about their physical appearance because of Barbie"s unrealistic body features.
A psychology experiment was done in the U.K. in 2006 by psychology professors Helga Dittmar from the University of Sussex, Suzanne Ive from the University of Sussex, and Emma Halliwell of the University of the West of England. Their findings from their experiment have been published in the text book titled Developmental Psychology 2006, Vol. 42, No.2, pg. 283-292. Their study is also a part of the American Psychological Association her in the U.S. There experiment is called "Does Barbie Make Girls Want to Be Thin? The Effect of Experimental Exposure to Images of Dolls on the Body Image of 5- to 8-Year-Old Girls." In their experiment "a total of 162 girls, from ages 5 to age 8, were exposed to images of either Barbie Dolls, Emme dolls (U.S. size 16), or no dolls (baseline control) and then completed assessments of body image" (283). The professors discovered that those exposed to Barbie doll images produced "lower self-esteem and a greater desire for a thinner body shape than in the other exposed conditions." Although the oldest girls did not have an immediate negative impact from the Barbie doll images. The study concluded that "these findings imply that, even if dolls cease to function as aspirational role models for older girls, early exposure to dolls epitomizing an unrealistically thin body ideal may damage girls" body image, which would contribute to an increased risk of disordered eating and weight cycling

Barbie doll is a role model for young children :)

why won't we look at positive side?

*Even though barbie's body shape can influence many children to do as much as they can to get a body like;It still dependds upon a mother how will they handle it.

*Besides of that barbie have a great personality,which will affect children positively.
If you will study well upon movies barbie is friendly,kind,caring,motivational and a lot more.She has many positive traits than negative that's why she really is a good model for young children.
try this:

*there are also benifits of letting kids play barbie doll.
There are potential benefits of allowing children to play with the Barbie dolls. By encouraging role play, the child is able to develop their creativity skills.Barbie dolls also nurture a child"s vocabulary skills. As the child uses words to help the dolls interact and form 'relationships', he or she is being taught about the complexities of language.

*These are some reasons why other moms are pro-barbie:
Why Moms are Pro-Barbie

Not all moms are anti-Barbie, however. Many Circle of Moms members allow their children to play with the dolls, citing three main reasons.
First, moms argue that Barbie's negative effect on self-esteem is exaggerated. "It's just a doll," argued mother of three Teresa, who herself played with Barbies and feels there was no negative impact. She added, "I really don't think many 5"7 year olds...actually analyze Barbie's breast size." Paula C. expressed a similar view: "My daughter played with Barbie and Bratz. She does not dress like Bratz now (she's 11) nor does she expect to be built like Barbie."
Other moms perceive Barbie as a positive creative influence. "I see them as a toy that promotes creative play," shared Jodi A., a mother of four children. "My daughter has several Barbie dolls, as well as a dollhouse for them"She also designs her own clothes for Barbie out of pieces of fabric, ribbon, elastic bands, and any other bits and pieces she can find. It really has stimulated her imagination in a positive way."
Still other moms, including Calgary mom Becky F., suggested yet another potential Barbie benefit"exposing young girls to diverse career options: "The thing I like about Barbie is that she has so many careers, including more traditionally male-dominated careers. She teaches little girls that they can be anything they want to be

*These are some benifits(How playing with dolls can bring mothers and daughters closer together)

Childhood and imagination are two things that inevitably go hand in hand. They are gifts that we are given the moment we are born and I say that because our childhood is something that never really leaves us, it is something that we choose to leave behind as we get caught up in the world of work and responsibility. It is quite unfortunate though, because that child inside every one of us is what allows us to smile when things become difficult and it is the part of us that allows us to enjoy our children to the fullest while they are still children. That is, providing, we allow our inner child to surface long enough to do so.I think that playing with these dolls actually helped mold me into what I am today. while interacting with my grandmother in various stages of play with these dolls taught me how to actually be a good person. I learned manners, fashion (which really is very important), I learned how to interact with other people. The games and conversations that flowed into my Barbie dolls from my grandmother and I playing with them added so much to the person that I am today.
Some of my most memorable times were sitting with Granny and making Barbie clothes out of old socks (it's really very simple, you just cut out a hole in the top and a small hole in each side and voila! you've got yourself a Barbie shirt). I spent quality time with someone that I admire, and I learned basic skills from it. I am very creative, and I'm thinking it might have something to do with making my Barbie a bed out of a phone book, or her house out of a bookcase. Still now, in my early thirties when I see a Barbie I immediately think of those nights when my granny sat up and used her night off of work to play dolls with me. I admired her so much for this, just one of the things that I loved about her, because I learned from it. During these times, nobody would have ever been able to tell me that I was poor, because I felt like the richest little girl in the world. She taught me how to be a strong, independent young individual. I became someone that respects other people, especially those that are my elders, something that comes in handy in my adulthood.
I was actually just looking at Barbie's the other day, thinking how much fun it would be to buy them for my nieces and sit up to play with them in the middle of the living room floor. But among the leap frogs, and the DVD's, and the millions of other toys that they have, a Barbie only captures their interest for a mere few moments' time. I often wonder how familiar kids nowadays will feel in home economics if they have not had the pre-requisites of the sewing of doll clothes! I think that playing with my dolls with an adult was one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. It also shows young children that it is acceptable for adults to revert back to childhood every once in awhile (something that we all need from time to time).
Even if the Barbie's these days are cheaply made, it really shouldn't matter to the kids. Because there is nothing better than a mother taking time out of her busy schedule to play dolls (of any kind) with her daughter, or niece, or granddaughter, in my opinion. That has made me experience a happier childhood than many other kids that I have ever known. An experience that I wouldn't give up for all of the money (or the Barbie's) in the world.

*These are some qoutes by barbie that will really help children out their be a good ones.(based on barbie movies)
1."Love and imagination can change the world."
2."Live your dream."
3."Anything is possible.
4."What makes you different makes you special."
5."You're braver than you think."
6."Trust your true self."
7."Even the smallest person can make a big difference."
8."There's a difference only you can make."
9."The most beautiful thing you can be is yourself."
10."Magic happens when you believe in yourself."
11."Forgiveness lets you fly."
12."It feels good to be part of something bigger than yourself."
13."What makes you different just might be your greatest strength."
14."True courage is pursuing your dream, even when everyone else says it's impossible."
15."There may be miracles awaiting,
They may be closer than we know,
When we have love to guide us as we go."

#If we want to look bad deeds upon one thing;We could really find one.
Every people are neutral;it depends only upon yourself,which will you imitate from him.
Barbie isn't a bad model for every children;She shouldn't be blamed by parents.It's just that every parents doesn't lead there children in the right track.Even what you are defending body structure,which almost children imitate,could lead into a better and positive benifit.It only depends on how parents guide their children.

From all what I've post, I conclude that barbie is a good role model for young children

Now's your turn.I'm hoping for your good argument Ms.Kawaiilolitachan :)

Kawaiilolitachan forfeited this round.

ameyav forfeited this round.