Madi_1
ScotiePhantom

Barbies are Destroying the self-esteem of young children

Madi_1

Pro

When young girls play with Barbies they start to compare themselves to the doll whether they realize it or not. Soon they aspire to look like the doll and have the perfect hair and body. Soon they understand that they can't match the perfect figure and begin to feel ugly and worthless. Barbies are destroying self-esteem of young children and taking away their innocence.
ScotiePhantom

Con

My cousins and I knew as children we wouldn't grow up to look like our barbie dolls because our mothers told us that's not how women look. If you tell your children "Honey Barbie is pretty but that's not a real figure" and explain it to them then and make sure they know they will be beautiful if they don't look like her (and the Photoshop images of women in other media) then they'll accept their bodies when they don't turn out that way.
Madi_1

Pro

Madi_1 forfeited this round.
ScotiePhantom

Con

I see that I won by forfeit. Such a pity.
Madi_1

Pro

Madi_1 forfeited this round.
ScotiePhantom

Con

ScotiePhantom forfeited this round.
Posted by themohawkninja 3 years ago
themohawkninja
I meant to say "or is con arguing that the majority of young children's self-esteems are NOT being destroyed by Barbie dolls?"
Posted by themohawkninja 3 years ago
themohawkninja
Is con arguing that there are no children out there whose self-esteem is being damaged by Barbie dolls, or is con arguing that the majority of young children's self-esteems are being destroyed by Barbie dolls?
Posted by anonymousidiot 3 years ago
anonymousidiot
I am on the same page as you are, so I will not accept.
Posted by birdlover 3 years ago
birdlover
got that right