Barney is the Proverbial Antichrist

Started: 5/11/2014 Category: Funny

I propose that, in the television show "Barney and Friends", Barney is actually attempting to take over the world. Specifically, to take over virtually the entire earth, institute a communist government, and torture all who refuse to accept the political/ethical ideals held by his benevolence, Barney. Thereby, making Barney the proverbial antichrist.

first round is for acceptance, second round is for presenting arguments, and the following rounds will be for posting negative cross examinations and rebuttals.

First, a few definitions.

Barney: Barnsworth Peter Frank, Jr., better known as Barney the Dinosaur, is the 2008 Green Bay Fudgepacking Party Presidential nominee...some have suggested that his moderately popular foreign policy views could push the Democratic Party to the left, much as Ralph Nader did in 2000...Barney nearly caused a rift in the Green Party with his early insistence that his running mate be one "Baby Bop," a "dark horse" candidate with absolutely no political experience. Recently, however, he gave into party demands and selected Pat Buchanan as his running mate.[5]

Proverbial: of, pertaining to, or characteristic of a proverb: proverbial brevity.[2]

Antichrist: Chief enemy of Christ who would reign at the end of time, first mentioned in the epistles of St. John. [3]

An image of this wretched Barney here:

Barney the Dictator

Now, on to the arguments:

Barney is another Manifestation of Satan:

Hearing Barney not only reduce the brain's cognitive function by 15%,* but his messages are also communist - communism being a part of Satan's plan to twist the world into an inverted and wicked place; to bring the Earth under the New World Order.

"The New World Order*is rooted in evil Communism which robs men of the fruits of their labors, robs taxpayers of their money, robs homeowners of their houses, robs workers of their wages, robs businessmen of their businesses, robs citizens of their freedom."
*("The New World Order gang are criminal thugs, thieving liars, mass-murderers, Christ-rejecters, and Luciferian worshippers; they have no remorse, no tears, no regrets, no feelings; they can't be reasoned with; they are servants of Satan")[4]

Is this not proof enough for your sinful heart? Then look no further than this recent discovery:

"Thought I'd pass on a revelation of who 666 really is.

666 refers to BARNEY, the Cute purple Dinosaur, I'll prove it:

• Given: Barney is a CUTE PURPLE DINOSAUR
  • Prove: Barney is satanic

The Romans had no letter 'U', and used 'V' instead for printing, meaning the Roman representation would for Barney would be: CVTE PVRPLE DINOSAVR

Extracting the Roman numerals, we have:

And their decimal equivalents are:

100 5 5 50 500 1 5

Adding those numbers produces: 666.

666 is the number of the Beast.

Proved: BARNEY IS SATAN!"[1]

Finally, just like Satan, Barney is a Great Deceiver, using his TV show as a means to spread Pro-Barney propaganda to children everywhere in an attempt to persuade them that Barney is okay, safe, nice, and "loves you". This is clearly a grab for a "sympathy for the devil" dynamic, as I have already proved in my above arguments.

Barney is a Communist:

Nothing impedes our good Christian country more than Communism, which is a creation of the Great Deceiver.
Which is why is it is terribly frightening to see that Barney is one of them. Simply look at the lyrics of this song:

I love you, - - - - -(Don't worry Americans, Barney "loves" you)
You love me, - - - -(And you love Barney - very, very much)
We're a happy family - -(A communist statement if I say so myself)
( the horrendous song here: )

Not to mention, if you read each word of the lyrics provided above and could not help but hear it as a song, then I propose that Barney's strategy to softening you to his ideals has worked - he has etched his philosophy permanently in your mind.
If that's not enough proof for the resolution, then just look at what Selwyn-Holmes has to say:

"Then came his theme song: “Barney is a dinosaur from our imagination”. The show was first aired in 1992, right after the fall of the Soviet Union. Choosing an extinct animal and reviving it may not directly suggest communist revival but Barney was originally meant to be red. Yes, red—like communism whose fossilized remains it came to symbolize. The production team claimed that red as a primary color would attract young childern’s attention, and only after a child psychologist warned that a bright red dinosaur could be perceived as threatening, color purple was chosen.
The next message cements Barney’s stance as the premier agent provocateur of communism. “Sharing is caring” had been his message. In addition to becoming the tag-line of online piracy, the quote shed light into the minds of Barney’s creators (and its masters in Kremlin). Sharing is a communist idea; it leads to a society whose very norms inhibits the personal growth and motivation. How can a person be motivated if his society promotes sharing instead of gaining the benefits through his own exceptional work? It was the flaw with Peter Singer’s model world. In addition to that cheery, idealist society where everyone receives the same wage and the benefits, sharing leads to a brave new world where state-sanctioned theft was promoted. That is Barney’s world. That is Marx’s world.
"Karl Marx (1818-1883) was commissioned by Freemasons to write the Communist Manifesto, providing a blueprint for world takeover."[4]

Barney is trying to Take Over the World:

Being a communist - adhering to the ideals of Marx - Barney wants to take over the world. Just take a look at this quote from

"Let us begin by acknowledging that Marxists indeed advocated that all the world should become Communist, but not by hostile takeover. Rather, they advocated a series of national revolutions around the globe which would allow the victorious workers ultimately to join together as one, abolishing the very idea of nationhood."[6]

Look at what I highlighted there in bold: "But not by hostile takeover". As I showed you in Barney's song, Barney sings "we're a happy family." Therefore, the television show Barney and Friends is being used to be seen by an international audience of our young, naive, and innocent children, causing the world to slowly warm up to Communism, thereby creating the aforementioned New World Order pushed forward by satan worshippers.

"The New World Order will be the BEAST SYSTEM of the coming man of sin, the Antichrist."[4]

Barney will Torture All who Oppose Him:

As you read in the previous argument, Barney does not want to take over the world "by hostile takeover", but by your willingness. Once he is in control, all he needs to do in order to ensure your cooperation is to torture you into believing his philosophy.

Sounds far fetched? It isn't. He has already worked behind the scenes of US government to test his methods:

"Ultimately, though, the most overused torture song is I Love You by Barney the Purple Dinosaur. On the face of it, the lyrics may seem deeply inappropriate: "I love you, you love me - we're a happy family./With a great big hug and a kiss from me to you,/Won't you say you love me too?", but anyone whose child watches the television programme will know how grating it is. In the torture trade, this is called "futility music", designed to convince the prisoner of the futility of maintaining his position."[8]

According to a news report on CNN concerning the result of this music, "...Your brain and body start to slide, your train of thought slows down and your will is broken."
The report can be seen here:

Therefore, the resolution stands - Barney the Dinosaur is the Proverbial Antichrist. He is clearly trying to influence the world towards a communist regime, and if he rises to power, he will torture all who oppose him.

Barney a guise for the Devil

[2] -
[3] -
[4] -
[5] -
[1] -
[6] -
[7] -
[8] -

Pitbull15 forfeited this round.

A forfeit? Or proof that my opponent was "in" on this entire conspiracy all along, and realizes that my superior logic and reasoning have defeated whatever petty 'arguments' he/she might have attempted to use in order to blur the truth, that Barney is in fact the proverbial antichrist?

Pitbull15 forfeited this round.

A second forfeit? Well then, not only does my opponent know that I'm right, but clearly my opponent is one of those Barney worshippers. By not speaking at all, he/she plans to make me look like a raving lunatic. But clearly, my logic is superior!

Pitbull15 forfeited this round.

Just as I thought, my opponent is clearly a Barney-worshipper. I recommend that the voters vote pro, so that I might win this debate and show everyone the sick and twisted evil which corrupts the soul of the satanic communist Barney the Purple Dinosaur.

Pitbull15 forfeited this round.
Posted by Jman0056 2 years ago
To further back up your theory, the creator of barney's son, who barney was based off of, shot and KILLED a man last year. ._.
Posted by hazlov2004 2 years ago
I really hate barney UGH! that tv show should not be on tv at all it should be destroyed
Posted by Jman0056 2 years ago
I would accept if i had some legit arguments. I hope impact replies. This ought to be funny.
Posted by Impact94 2 years ago
Seeing as Pitbull15 has not posted anything for round 1 as of yet, I would like to provide a friendly reminder that all that need be said for round 1 may be a simple "I Accept", or any similar phrase. I do anticipate having the opportunity to begin debating the cold hard reality that Barney is trying to take over the world under a communist regime.
Posted by BasicLogic 2 years ago
I really want to accept this troll debate but I have no time.. Sigh
Vote Placed by doomswatter 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Con FF
Vote Placed by ESocialBookworm 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: FF and the only one to make arguments, that were quite good and well sourced.