KingHenrikLundqvist
UrielSeptim

Bashar al-Assad is the only true path for the Syrian people.

KingHenrikLundqvist
Started: 9/3/2013 Category: News

KingHenrikLundqvist

Pro

First round is for acceptance. My previous debate on this topic was interrupted by personal issues so I had no time to use the computer, let alone type a long argument so I wish to reopen this. My stance is that President Bashar al-Assad and the current Syrian government are the only true path for the Syrian people.
UrielSeptim

Con

I accept this debate.

I will debate that Bashar al-Assad is NOT the path for the Syrian people.
KingHenrikLundqvist

Pro

My first piece will be on stability for Syria and the middle east. The Baathist Party of Syria promotes a secular ideology free of any religious interference in life and in society. This means that Syria is one of the few Middle Eastern countries that do not force its women to wear burkas and undergo harsh treatment by their male counterparts for things like daring put on an ounce of makeup on. Syria, religiously, is very divided with Shiites and Sunnis are known to be very violent towards each other in other countries. But in Syria they were both living with alongside each other before the civil war started. There are also two other groups within Syria, the Alawites and the Christians whom are also a prominent group in Syria. With Assad and the Baathist party controlling Syria, they are able to promote secularism and allow each group to practice their religion freely within their privacy but not they are not allowed to force their own beliefs on the rest of society. With this secularism, the women unlike in other middle eastern countries, in Syria they have the same equal rights as their male counterparts. If Bashar al-Assad is able to hold on to the presidency and eliminate the rebels, Syria will continue to be stable and the countries around him will remain less violent with the threat of Sharia and Islamic jihadist to be very minimal.
UrielSeptim

Con

UrielSeptim forfeited this round.
KingHenrikLundqvist

Pro

Its a shame that my opponent has decided to forfeit the 2nd round, thank you for wasting my time on this issue.
UrielSeptim

Con

UrielSeptim forfeited this round.
Posted by anonymouse 3 years ago
anonymouse
i dont know if asad is the only true path, but he seems to be popular. one thing is for sure though, the rebels are the worst choice
Posted by MysticEgg 3 years ago
MysticEgg
I think the rebels disagree with you... :P
Vote Placed by bsh1 3 years ago
bsh1
KingHenrikLundqvistUrielSeptimTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff