MyDinosaurHands
younglaw

Batman Can Beat Superman In a Fight

MyDinosaurHands
Started: 1/23/2014 Category: Movies

MyDinosaurHands

Pro

I, Pro, will show Batman is capable of beating Superman in certain scenario(s).

Con will have to show that there are no valid scenarios in which Batman can beat Superman.

The debate will most likely take the form of me posting a scenario with justifications for its validity, followed by my opponent attempting to provide refutations to the validity of the scenario.

The only specifications as far as scenarios go is that it is Batman versus Superman only, neither side has people providing aid during the fight. Additionally, I can't do far-fetched scenarios where I just bend who the characters are. For example, I can't say, "In my scenario Batman is able to shoot lasers out of his eyes, because hey, that's the scenario."

First Round will be used for Acceptance.
younglaw

Con

I accept!
MyDinosaurHands

Pro

Thanks for accepting younglaw.

The scenario in which Batman can defeat Superman is one in which Batman is launching a surprise attack on an injured Superman, with tools he has prepared. My argument will be drawing a lot of inspiration from The Dark Knight Returns, and I am definitely not claiming the majority of these arguments as my own, I merely claim the defense of these ideas.

Condition of Superman
In the scenario proposed, Superman will have been severely weakened from a nuclear detonation. If there was a nuclear detonation, there may be enough ash in the air to block the sun, which we know heals Superman[1]. Having been wounded by a nuke, and with little healing sunlight, Superman will be in a weakened state. This would reduce the strength of his powers. So when Superman might have lasered Batman in half, now he will only cause severe burns. Where he might have been able to reach supersonic flight speeds, he may only be able to reach the speed of 400mph, for example. Instead of crushing everyone bone in Batman's body with a punch or kick, he may only take out a few ribs. Reasons on why Batman would be able to withstand Superman's reduced powers will be presented later.

Batman's Tools
Batman will come prepared with kryptonite, which we know is Superman's ultimate weakness[1]. He will have his exosuit[2], featured in The Dark Knight Returns video. This suit will help him withstand Superman's weakened powers, as well as increase his striking power. Batman will also be using several gadgets, fear gas[3], sonic gun[2] and what I like to call his 'Adhesive Playdough Bomb'[4], which we see put to effective use toward the end of the video in which Batman fights the Mutant Leader.

The fear gas should be pretty obvious. It will cause Superman to experience high levels of fear and panic. Taken to extremes, this is not advantageous for Superman in a combat situation.

As we saw in the video[2] the Sonic Gun only brings Superman to his knees for a moment, but we know Batman is quick. During the time that Superman is phased Batman could deploy Kryptonite, throw some exosuit-powered punches, or use the device up next.

I just call it the Adhesive Playdough Bomb. In the video shown[4], Batman uses it to cut of the airflow of his opponent, rendering him unconscious. If Superman is made weaker, essentially of human strength, there would be a greater opportunity for Batman to get this in his face, cutting off Superman's oxygen.

Preparation
I'll just state again for the sake of organization: Batman has planned for this fight, Superman has not. Superman will have no gadgets on him that he wouldn't normally have on him, whereas Batman brings whatever he thinks to be necessary.

Recap
If Batman strikes when Superman is weakened and not expecting a fight with him, he can exploit Superman's weakness to Kryptonite, while also bringing his choice of gadgets into the fight. Additionally, Batman's exosuit will protect him before he/as he deploys the Kryptonite. Once the Kryptonite is out, Superman is just like any other guy. Superman's advantage is his super strength, but if this is gone, he will be easily overpowered by Batman's sheer skill in hand to hand combat, not to mention the exosuit.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org...
[2] Batman vs Superman Video
[3] Roof Fight Video
[4] Mutant Leader Fight
younglaw

Con

younglaw forfeited this round.
younglaw

Con

younglaw forfeited this round.
MyDinosaurHands

Pro

End debate.
younglaw

Con

younglaw forfeited this round.
Posted by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
@'mericandebate: I assume you have never read any superman comics, or watched any of his videos. Your case is only valid for Bizzaro, not Kal-El.

Batman however has far less of a weakness, as indicated by his tactics seen in the YouTube clip; in addition to Tim Burton's movies.
Posted by AmericanDebate 3 years ago
AmericanDebate
superman would win because one thing batman would be killed by supermans lazer eyes and also superman has super strength and would literally crush batman
Posted by MyDinosaurHands 3 years ago
MyDinosaurHands
@Karatepkid
Thanks man I appreciate that.
Posted by Karatepkid 3 years ago
Karatepkid
Just wow, wow, Pro beats con HANDS DOWN go MyDinosaurHands!!
Posted by MyDinosaurHands 3 years ago
MyDinosaurHands
@Spiderman
And yeah Robin fired a couple shots from the tank, but that hardly won the fight for Batman. It was just in there because you couldn't leave Batman's official sidekick out of the fight entirely.
Posted by MyDinosaurHands 3 years ago
MyDinosaurHands
@spiderman
I realize Green Arrow fired the shot, but realistically, Batman didn't need him to do that. Frank Miller just threw that in for more excitement, I presume.
Posted by spiderman12345 3 years ago
spiderman12345
Wow even thought I hate superman I think he will win and stop referring to the batman vs superman video because batman did not take him down alone he has cheated during the fight so stop pointing it out.
Posted by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
Good luck to con. I definently prefer this setup to "X would beat Y."
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
MyDinosaurHandsyounglawTied
Reasons for voting decision: I suggest reopening this one... Oh and FF.
Vote Placed by Krazzy_Player 3 years ago
Krazzy_Player
MyDinosaurHandsyounglawTied
Vote Placed by Gaurdian_Rock 3 years ago
Gaurdian_Rock
MyDinosaurHandsyounglawTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff