nridgeway
puppylover

Batman a superhero

nridgeway

Con

In this debate, we will be discussing the reason why batman is in fact, not a superhero. I would like to start out this debate by saying that in order for you to be a superhero, you must first have super powers. Which he has none of. He is only a human. He has been trained in over 150 different types of martial arts and has trained his body to be in top physical condition. He also has many gadgets and tools that help him appear he has super powers, but lets be honest, he's a wanna be.
puppylover

Pro

You left this argument very open. You see, in some versions of Batman Bruce Wayne actually has heightened ear strength and is able to use sound waves, very much like a bat, in order to have a better perception of his surroundings. If you are you referring to the ore recent Christian Bale movies i would still have to say that Batman is a super hero. His above avery strength and stamina place him above his opponents and the average human being. He may not be a "Super" Hero. But in my book he is still at least a "Above Average" Hero.
nridgeway

Con

I do not know where have gotten this information that batman has a higher sense of hearing in earlier versions. I searched it and couldn't find anything on the subject. Now he does have gadgets that increase his senses but those don't classify as super powers. And of course he is above average, he knows over 150 types of martial arts. The average human doesn't. But would you say the Usane Bolt is a superhero? He runs a lot faster than the "average" human being. And what about those guys in the strongest man competition? Are they superheroes? And you say that his strength is above avery? Because I believe that it is in fact Bane that has the "above avery" strength here. Your arguments have way too many holes my friend. Unless you have REEEAAALLLLY low standards for a superhero, Batman fails in this category.
nridgeway

Con

nridgeway forfeited this round.