jppal67
IllogicalThinker

Batman could beat Superman in a no-rules fight

IllogicalThinker

jppal67

Pro

Gold kryptonite would totally take down Superman, and then Batman would just beat him up.

(1) http://smallville.wikia.com...

IllogicalThinker

Con

Your argument that gold kryptonite would take Superman down is faulty due to you not explaining the effects of it and how Batman would possess this. Also you have yet to state which version of these characters are versing each other. As there are many iterations of Superman and Batman it would be impossible to say who would win due to the varying powers the characters possess during their long publication.
jppal67

Pro

As my polite opponent has said, Batman would not be able to even posses gold kryptonite. This is a valid argument, but as Batman keeps kryptonite in his utility belt, he could just reach in and grab some kryptonite. As gold kryptonite would demolish Superman's superpowers, he would be extremely vulnerable.

As for the multiple versions, Earth One is the default earth, therefore since I did not specify this, it is happening on Earth One.

(1) http://en.wikipedia.org...;
IllogicalThinker

Con

Thank you for elaborating on your position. Now knowing that we are using the Earth one Superman and Batman we can compare their feats and powers to see who would win in a no rules fight. Also even though you acknowledged that Batman could not obtain Gold Kryptonite you still use it as an example.

Super Man
        1. Super Speed- At the end of the Earth One story line he was shown to be able to surpass the speed of light with his speed.
        2. Super Strength- His strength seemingly had no limit with him being able to move planets out of orbit.
        3. Super Senses- All of his senses were increased to incredible levels with him being able to see and hear far out of the range of normal humans.
        4. Genius Intelligence- Superman had an eidetic memory and was able to process all of the information his senses gave him to get him relevant information.
        5. Heat Vision- Superman also possess Heat Vision allowing him to focus a intense laser beam anywhere he rest his eyes on.
        6. Flight- Superman possess the ability to fly faster then the speed of light.

*Note that Superman possess more abilities, but these are ones that are relevant to the fight.*

Weaknesses
Super man only possess one weakness that is relevant to the fight which is kryptonite. He also has a weakness to magic, but Batman does not possess those sorts of powers.

Sources:http://superman.wikia.com...,
Batman
1.Peak Human conditioning- This extends to a few areas so I am going to create a subsection for this.
    1. Peak human strength- Batman is shown to be able to bench over 1000 lbs and shatter high strength steel handcuffs.
    2. Peak human speed/endurance - Batman can run as fast as an Olympic runner and also has endurance higher then a marathon runner.
    3. Peak human reflexes/agility- Batman is able to react at an almost superhuman level, and is shown to be as acrobatic as an Olympic gold medalist gymnast.

2. Master Martial artist- He has mastered over 100 martial arts and with his skills is able to use his mastery to the fullest potential.
3.Master of Stealth- He possess insane abilities of stealth due to his training in ninjustu.
4. Genius Intellect- Batman intelligence is his main strength as he is a master strategist that can use all of his abilities and equipment to his full advantage. Instead of out right fighting an opponent he usually uses gorilla tactics to sneak up and attacks to draw attention only to lure his opponent in a trap.
*Note that Batman possess more abilities, but these are ones that are relevant to the fight.*
Weaknesses
Although Batman has peak human abilities he still suffers from the same weaknesses any other human has. He can be shot, stabbed, poisoned, etc...

Source: http://batman.wikia.com...

Argument: If we directly compare the abilities of Superman and Batman, Superman obviously will win, but Batman equipment could change the story. Unfortunately for Batman to use his Kryptonite he has to get close enough to Superman to touch him with it. While many stories depict Batman beating Superman using Kryptonite, this is purely for story reasons and should be ignored. In a real battle Superman could keep his distance from Batman and strike using his Heat Vision for a quick kill. Any projectiles from Batman containing Kryptonite would be easily dodged by Superman due to his flight and his super senses. Batman martial arts abilities wont benefit him much as Superman can move faster then he can comprehend.

Conclusion: Batman can not even see Superman when he moves his fastest let alone strike him. Batman main strength is his intelligence, but Superman is nearly equal to Batman in this aspect and he also surpasses Batman in every other area. Batman is not capable of winning a fight against Superman.

jppal67

Pro

My opponent obviously did not understand what I meant. When I said this is a valid argument, I mean that it would make sense except for the fact that Batman keeps kryptonite in his utility belt. My opponent obviously missed this and did not understand what I was saying.

Now, Superman does not have the power to read minds. (1) http://en.wikipedia.org...
Since we know this, Batman could easily open that pouch with the kryptonite, thus the lead outline would be of no good to Superman and would stop him in his tracks. Then Batman could fight him and since Superman does not carry any backup with him, Batman would easily be able to defeat the Man of Steel.
IllogicalThinker

Con

Counter Argument
I will take an exact quote from you to show that you were still referring to Gold Kryptonite.
"As my polite opponent has said, Batman would not be able to even posses gold kryptonite. This is a valid argument, but as Batman keeps kryptonite in his utility belt, he could just reach in and grab some kryptonite. As gold kryptonite would demolish Superman's superpowers, he would be extremely vulnerable."
You refer to gold kryptonite instead to green kryptonite which Batman would have. Also your argument completely ignores my previous arguments. I said that all Superman would have to do is fly out of Batman's reach and use his Heat Vision super power to burn a hole in Batman's head. Superman does not have to be able to read people's minds, his senses and reflexes are so fast that even near superhuman humans like Batman would seem to be moving in slow motion. For Superman to be affected by Kryptonite he has to be hit by it, which Batman would be hard pressed to do considering Superman can move faster then the speed of light.

Conclusion: In round 2 I gave a scenario for how Superman would beat Batman. My opponent did not address any of the points I made in this scenario and did not prove how Batman would be able to win the fight. Since nothing I said was refuted I stand by my previous conclusion that Superman would beat Batman.
Posted by MagicAintReal 1 year ago
MagicAintReal
RFD
No egregious conduct or forfeits, S&G did not affect arguments, both sides' sources were reliable, relevant, and used to support their arguments, so that's all tied.

For arguments:
Pro has to show that Batman could beat Superman in a no rules fight and attempts by saying:
1. Gold Kryptonite would take superman down
2. Batman keeps green kryptonite, according to Earth One, on his utility belt
3. Since Superman can't read minds, batman could reach into the belt and weaken and then beat superman.

Con refutes literally every one of Pro's assertions and provides clear organized points of both characters with strengths and weaknesses outlined to show the comparison of the two.

This well done comparison alone should award the points to Con because it shows the immeasurable abilities of superman as compared to batman's merely human attributes.

Con shows that gold kryptonite was not on the Earth One utility belt, agreed as the belt in this fight by both Pro and Con.

Con also shows that "Superman could keep his distance from Batman and strike using his Heat Vision for a quick kill."
Not only is this confirmed by Superman's attributes given con's sources, this, as Con points out, also negates the kryptonite claim because "for Batman to use his Kryptonite he has to get close enough to Superman to touch him with it."

Since Con shows that superman can avoid kryptonite and attack batman with his heat vision, then I must buy that Batman could not win this battle because of all of the other superior attributes of superman over batman as provided by Con and uncontested by Pro.

Pro's source on superman's lack of mind reading ability:
"Another power that appeared at least once was an ability to perform telepathic mind control,"

While this is refuted by Con anyway, pointing out Superman's speed is just as effective as reading a mind, Pro should be careful with their sources. In any case, Arguments to Con.
Posted by Idiosyncratic 2 years ago
Idiosyncratic
I'm not so sure, considering Batman is confined to being a human (restrained by the laws of physical limits and reason/logic), and Superman is a time-traveling, faster-than-an-actual-speeding-bullet, balls-rocking alien with super strength. Essentially, it's like a noob fighting a pay-to-play douche with cheat codes. I'd like Batman to win, but sadly, Superman is a superior being who's only weakness is a rock.
Vote Placed by MagicAintReal 1 year ago
MagicAintReal
jppal67IllogicalThinkerTied
Reasons for voting decision: RFD in comments