utahjoker
dlu2012

Batman goes against better villians than Spider-man

utahjoker

utahjoker

Pro

First round is acceptance followed by two rounds of building your case.
dlu2012

Con

I accept this debate.
utahjoker

Pro

Batman and Spider-man have some of the greatest villains in their respected Rogues Galleries. The reason why Batman has the greater villains than Spider-man is because of Batman's historic and more powerful villains each. Each villain Spider-man has, Batman has one just as strong or even stronger. If the people look at the movies Batman has some on the most historic performances from Batman when it came from Heath Ledger (Joker) and if anyone takes a villain from the Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy and Tim Burton Batman movies they can enjoy a great performance from the expected actor portraying the villain.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com...
http://www.listal.com...
dlu2012

Con

Rebutting Your Points

1) You have some grammar and spelling mistakes.

2) You say: " The reason why Batman has the greater villains than Spider-man is because of Batman's historic and more powerful villains each." but yet you do not give any reasoning or examples.

3) "Each villain Spider-man has, Batman has one just as strong or even stronger." Once again you have no examples.

4) "if anyone takes a villain from the Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy and Tim Burton Batman movies they can enjoy a great performance from the expected actor portraying the villain" Just Just because the actor is good does not mean that the villain is better.

My Own Points

1) Spiderman goes up against better villains than batman because they are stronger and more intelligent. Take the lizard for example, he has amazing strength but he is also a scientist. He created a drug that could make him a mutant. If the pure genius does not draw readers/watchers in then the brutal fight scenes will.

2) Spiderman is part of the Avengers, this means that he goes up again a variety of villains. Batman only has a few villains that are well known such as the Joker, Mr. Freeze, the Penguin and Bane. All of these villains don't really have anything special about them. There is nothing about them that makes them special. The joker is just some ordinary psychopath. The penguin is just some short rich dude that likes penguins and Bane is just strong. On the other hand Spiderman goes against Loki (a god), another mutant with the same genes as the HULK, the Lizard (a scientist turned super villain), the Beetle (a mechanic that made a power suit), chameleon ( a villain that can blend to anything) and who can forget the infamous Doctor Octopus (a prison escapee with 4 mechanical arms).

3) Also when you argued that "when people watch batman they can expect a great performance", that is exactly what happens when people watch a Spiderman movie!

4) Also spiderman has 10X as much villains as batman has. The few that I listed are just a few of them.

5) Waiting until there is 5 hours left for me to make my speech so i'm rushed makes this debate unfair. Just for that vote con.
utahjoker

Pro

1) I would check my opponents spelling because I see many mistakes as well.
2)My opponent asks for some examples of better villains I will use the villains my opponent listed on point number two from his "My Own Points". My opponent gave examples of Loki, Lizard, Beetle, Chameleon, and Dr. Octopus for his villains that Spider-man goes up against and I will be comparing each one to a Batman villain that is better. Loki is a god, but Spider-man gets the help from the Avengers also has a god in Thor, while Batman has to go against the likes of Bane who is both the strongest man in the world and a super genies who also broke Batman's back while Loki did nothing to Spider-man that is mentioned in the comic books. The Lizard is a scientist turned super villain who has super strength, self healing, and animal behavior when the Lizard, while Batman has the same thing in Killer Croc expect Killer Croc doesn't change back into a human he is just a Killer Croc and can stay under water longer than the Lizard. Beetle is a man in a suit that has the power to fly and can shoot lasers; Mr. Freeze also has a suit, but it can freeze anything and he is also a scientist that lost his wife so he has both a cold heart and motive to kill. Chameleon can camouflage into the background, while Clayface can turn into anything and can make any weapon from his clay body. Dr. Octopus is one of Spider-man's most recognizable villains I'll compare him to Batman's most recognizable villain The Joker. Dr. Octopus is stronger than The Joker, but lacks in the pure evil The Joker displays with killing anyone just for the fun of it.
2) Spider is a part of the Avengers which means he goes up against a variety of villains.
Batman is in the Justice League so the villains he goes up against have to be powerful enough to give the most powerful superhero in Superman terrible.
3) People can expect a great performance thanks to Tim Burton and Christopher Nolan not to Joel Schumacher who can be included in the discussion for the greatest Batman villain.
4) Spider-man has 10 times as many villains as Batman has.
Well Batman has 34 villains from his classic rogues' gallery, while Spider-man has 39 villains from his classic rogues' gallery. I'm not saying I'm a mathematician, but I don't think that is 10 times as many.
5) The debate is unfair because I'm rushed.
It is not my fault you procrastinated.

Batman has some of the craziest, smartest, strongest, and strangest villains of all time. Vote Pro

Sources-
http://www.youtube.com...

dlu2012

Con

1) You say that I have spelling and grammar mistakes, if so then point them out. But spelling a grammar are not what we came here to debate for.

2) Bane is not a super genius and he gets his strength from tubes in the back of his neck. Sure Bane may have broken Batman's back but Loki TOOK OVER THE WORLD for a short amount of time before he was stopped by Spider-man and the Avengers. Your quote: "The Lizard is a scientist turned super villain who has super strength, self healing, and animal behavior when the Lizard, while Batman has the same thing in Killer Croc expect Killer Croc doesn't change back into a human he is just a Killer Croc and can stay under water longer than the Lizard." I agree with half of what you said. You said that the Lizard has strength, self healing, and animal behavior. You also go on to say that Killer Croc is a better villain because he does not turn back into a human and can stay under water longer than the Lizard. This is a false point because if you read the Spider-man comic books you will know that later on in the story, the Lizard maintains the "lizard" form forever. Also just being able to stay underwater for extended periods of time does not make you a good villain. The Lizard is a genius who has super strength, self healing and animal behavior. Killer Croc is just some person that can breath underwater. These are your own words. The Beetle and Mr. Freeze both have suits but the Beetle's suit is better because like you said, he can fly and shoot laser which can kill people, Mr. Freeze? Well he is just another typical psychopath that freezes people. You also go on to say that Mr. Freeze has a cold heart and motives to kill, but that is exactly what the Beetle has. You also compare the Chameleon to Clayface. Comparing Clayface to the Sandman would be more fair. The only difference is that the Sandman can make bigger objects with his body because he has an unlimited amount of sand, he can grow as big as he wants, and he is invincible. On top of all of that, he is a murderer. Clayface can just "turn his body into whatever he wants" the Sandman can do that and much more, once again these are your words. Next, you say that Dr. Octopus is stronger than the Joker. This alone proves that Dr. Octopus is a better villain than the Joker. But you go on to say that he lacks the evil of the Joker and he does not kill for the fun of it. I don't think that killing people for the fun of it makes someone a good villain, also you say that he lacks the evil. Dr. Octopus is just as evil as the Joker.

3) "Batman is in the Justice League so the villains he goes up against have to be powerful enough to give the most powerful superhero in Superman terrible." I fail to understand what point you are trying to make here due to bad grammar so I will not argue it. But simply say that I disagree. Next you STILL go on to say that the actor makes the villain better. This is completely not true, actors have NOTHING to do with this debate.

4)"Well Batman has 34 villains from his classic rogues' gallery, while Spider-man has 39 villains from his classic rogues' gallery." Well even you admitted, according to your statement, Spider-man still has more villains than Batman.

5) It is your fault, I did not procrastinate. You posted your debate argument at the last minute so I would not have enough time to post my argument. Lucky for me I type really fast.

6) I proved all of Pro's points wrong and he still did not prove my points wrong, therefore the audience should go with my arguments. Vote Con.
Posted by dlu2012 4 years ago
dlu2012
tyyyghghy, shut the hell up and leave. This is not a place for you to advertise things.
Vote Placed by RyuuKyuzo 4 years ago
RyuuKyuzo
utahjokerdlu2012Tied
Reasons for voting decision: This debate didn't quite get technical enough for me to be decisively convinced one way or another, but at least pro used sources. Also, Conduct goes to pro due to con blaming him for almost missing his round. It doesn't matter how long pro waited before posting his argument, that doesn't change how much time you have to respond.
Vote Placed by DeFool 4 years ago
DeFool
utahjokerdlu2012Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I was unaware that Parker was a member of the Avengers. I think that the case made by Pro centered too much on the compelling characters that have bedeviled Banner in the DC universe - as a definition of "better." I agree that these storylines are riveting, and are driven by the villains for the most part. On the other hand, Con is convincing when he points out that Parker's many nemeses are more dangerous - despite having inflicted less paralysis upon their heroic rivals. I rate the arguments sections a tie. Both sides cleared up their S&G issues, with a slight edge in my opinion for Con - whom I can award with an equally slight score.
Vote Placed by emj32 4 years ago
emj32
utahjokerdlu2012Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct to Pro for Con blaming his lack of time posting his argument on Pro. Also conduct to Con for calling out Pro for his spelling, then when Pro did the same, Con told him to give examples, when he didn't give any examples himself ...