Batman is the best hero

Welcome to my very first superhero debate! Today, we will have a fun debate. Is Batman the best superhero? Whoever seeks to debate with me will choose their favorite hero to defend. As much as I love Deadpool, you may NOT choose him. He is an anti-hero, and therefore DOES NOT COUNT!

I will be pro-Batman in this debate, seeing as he is my favorite. You may make your points in round 1. This is not a debate to be taken too seriously, so I don't recommend this if you want a serious challenge. Now, I will begin.

Batman - The Dark Knight, The Caped Crusader, The Demon of the Knight. Batman is proof you don't need powers to be a superhero. He's taken down the whole Justice League by himself. He also has the greatest group of villains in DC history!

His iconic bat symbol on his chest is so recognizable, even people who don't read comics know it. With his gadgets, intellect, and pure strategy, he is the best hero ever created.

I accept Pro's debate, I will be arguing that Captain America is better.

First I would like to mention some mistakes Pro made in his argument:

- Batman is a member of the Justice League. I would like to see this evidence of Batman defeating Superman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, and Flash. (These are some of the members of the Justice League, not counting Batman himself)

- All superheroes have some sort of symbol. Superman has his "S". Captain America has his Red, White, and Blue shield. Green Lantern has his symbol (which represents his ring).

- You don't need to read a comic to know a superhero; it's common knowledge these heroes I've mentioned exist. They've appeared in cartoons, movies, and live action plays (Like that Marvel one I saw months ago).

Now for why Captain America rivals Batman

- Like Batman, Captain America doesn't have superpowers. He's just a guy that fights in wars with his shield that he can throw at people and it boomerangs back to him.

- He is one of the Avengers, Marvel's own superhero team.

- He represents a whole country, whereas Batman is just a town (it really is!). I'm not changing the definition of Batman, just saying Capt. America represents an actual place which is larger than a city that just happens to have the same name as the Dark Knight.

With this information, we can be sure that Captain America is superior to Batman

Proof of Batman being a city:

Justice League:

Captain America:

Luck to Pro. And go Captain America!

On the subject of my "mistakes"

-In the JLA: Tower of Babel storyline, Batman is revealed to have strategies to defeat every member of the JLA, which includes Superman, Flash, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, Aquaman, Plastic Man, and Wonder Woman. Of course, it isn't Batman that uses these plans, but a group of villains that got their hands on them. The fact that Batman has working plans to defeat the JLA proves he can do it.

-Out of the three logos you mentioned, the only one that everyone knows is the Superman one. Green Lantern is a great hero, but his symbol isn't universally recognized. Batman is just as popular as Superman.

-You make a good enough point here. You don't need to read the comics, but there is a lot of heroes out there that don't have a live action adaption. In fact, the majority of heroes are obscure.

Proof that Batman can beat the whole Justice League:

On the subject of how Cap. rivals Batman

-You're wrong. Captain America DOES have superpowers! He was injected with the super-soldier serum back when he was a wimp. Here's a little excerpt from the Wikipedia article you linked to

Disturbed by the rise of the Third Reich, Rogers attempts to enlist but is rejected due to his frail body. His resolution attracts the notice of U.S. Army General Chester Phillips and "Project: Rebirth". Rogers is used as a test subject for the Super-Soldier project, receiving a special serum made by "Dr. Josef Reinstein",[55][56] later retroactively changed to a code name for the scientist Abraham Erskine.[57]

-Fair enough point there. I can't argue that Captain America isn't on the Avengers, can I?

-And yes, Batman is a town in Turkey. But you know what? Even though Captain America represents a country, Batman defends the whole galaxy. The JLA has a space station that orbits Earth!

On your point about how Batman could beat the Justice League. All these weaknesses could be overcome by teamwork. The page does not contain how these members fell. Were they together? Or was is individually done? Anyways, it wasn't Batman that took down the Justice League. It was Ra's al Ghul that felled the Justice League. It would be near impossible for Batman to take the entire Justice League all at one time. Ra's al Ghul, however, has some assistants working for him. His chemistry knowledge would allow him to create the perfect traps for the Justice League. It likely wasn't done at one time, but his planning was done quite well, so he could take them down separately.

As for the plans themselves, it as for taking down the Injustice League: "Batman states that his plans were a cautionary measure that he devised after the Injustice League swapped bodies with the Justice League with the aid of the alien tyrant Agamemno years earlier ". If the Injustice League (or any body swapper) tried this again, he could use this strategy you explained. Batman never has, and never will, take down the Justice League because A) It's impossible. And B) because this would be treason. In JLA: Tower of Babel, he already had one close encounter with getting kicked out of the Justice League.

Capt. America, however, fought many wars against Red Skull. Against an entire army. Yes, America does have strength and agility, but that's it. The serum makes up for the fact that Batman has a utility belt at his disposal. Capt. America's only weapon (aside from a few guns perhaps) is his shield. It can block projectiles and boomerang back to Capt. when he throws it at his foes. Batman doesn't have a shield. He has bat-a-rangs, but he needs to take one out first. Capt. is always holding his mighty shield.

As for the logos again, you do have to know the superhero before you recognize the symbol (yes, Batman and Superman. How obvious of a name to go by). Captain America's symbol is a circle with red/white lines going the full 360 degrees of the circle, with a white star to represent America. Just by looking at this, wouldn't you know it's America? Perhaps you wouldn't know the "Captain" part, as it would refer to (mainly) a boat. But you would still know he has "America" in his name, just by looking at his shield.

What does Batman have that Captain America doesn't? Aside from being very rich, that is.

You know, I'm really having fun with this debate! It reminds me of arguing with people about which superhero would win a fight from back in middle school.

Since this is the last round, instead of continuing from the last round, I'm going to move to a different topic: villains.

Batman villains are the most recognizable, modern, dangerous, and cunning villains. Captain America's villains are relatively interesting, but they're very outdated. Cap's villains are WWII propaganda. Red Skull, Baron Zemo, Arnim Zola, and the Hate Monger are all Nazis. Sure, there's villains like Taskmaster, M.O.D.O.K, and the Winter Soldier, but the majority are Nazis or Nazi based. Red Skull is a former Nazi leader, Arnim Zola and Baron Zemo are fomer Nazi scientists, and Hate Monger is a clone of Hitler. That's right, a clone of Hitler. How much more out dated can you get than that?

Batman has great villains such as Joker, Bane, Clayface, Scarface, Harley Quinn, Scarecrow, Black Mask, Red Hood, Poison Ivy, Catwoman, Killer Croc, Mad Hatter, Deathstroke the Terminator, Deadshot, Mr. Freeze, Riddler, Solomon Grundy, Ra's Al Ghul, Two-Face, and the Court of Owls. These are only a few of the rouges Batman has to fight on a daily basis.

Now for something I just realized you forgot to mention on ways Captain America rivals Batman. Sidekicks!

Batman has had 5 different Robins in cannon, and 1 more in the Dark Knight Returns. These Robins are as follows:

Dick Grayson - Currently Nightwing
Jason Todd - Currently Red Hood
Tim Drake - Currently Red Robin
Stephanie Brown - Currently Spoiler
Damian Wayne (Son of Batman) - Currently Robin
Carrie Kelley - Unknown fate

Captain America only has Bucky.

Red Skull -
Zemo -
Zola -
Hate Monger (Hitler) -
Batman Villains -
Robins -

About the villains... yes, Batman has Joker, Clayface, Bane, Poison Ivy and all that. The reason Captain America fights Nazis are because, well, America. Hitler and the Nazi army were infamous for being evil, so here's the inspiration for Capt. America's clan of villains. If we were to get new villains, what would we have? Ebola Man? Robber Bill? Obama? (some people disliked Obama) Seriously? Explain an idea for a new American esc villain. Batman isn't representing anything, so of course they'd make loads of different characters for him. Captain America, however, represents a country and it would only be logical for Captain America to fight America esc Villains.

Rogers doesn't only fight Nazi's, but, as Wikipedia says: "Neo-Nazism (Crossbones, Doctor Faustus), technocratic fascism (AIM, Arnim Zola), Communism (Aleksander Lukin), anarchism (Flag Smasher) and international and domestic terrorism (Hydra)."

As for sidekicks... how about S.H.I.E.L.D.?

Steve Rogers (Capt. America) is a part of this group. You can't argue sidekicks when he's an official member of 2 organizations. According to Wikipedia's "partnerships" section in the little box you see which Steve Rogers is in, it states his (main) partners are: Bucky (James Barnes), Falcon, Bucky (Rick Jones), Black Widow, Nomad (Jack Monroe), Free Spirit, Jack Flag, Demolition Man, Bucky (Rikki Barnes), and Sharon Carter.

Batman only has Robin, Robin, Robin, Robin, Robin, and Robin. Different Robins, mind you. But still Robin. If they liked Robin so much, let's see Batman team up with the guy from Fire Emblem: Awakening! (Robin in Smash Bros 4. I actually haven't owned or played a Fire Emblem game, but I believe it's Awakening. [been a while since I've lost my copy of Smash Bros 3DS]) That might actually be cool. But, alas, he only has that guy in that red suit. Captain America has loads of partners. (Especially Black Widow)

As you can clearly see, Capt. America has villains that actually represent America, he's a member of 2 organizations (Avengers and S.H.I.E.L.D.), has no super powers (aside from increased reflexes and strength), and has many original sidekicks compared to Robin, Robin, and Robin.

May the voters determine the outcome of these arguments.
Posted by Anonymous_Whale 1 year ago
Con side, if you think that a "sidekick" of Captain America is S.H.E.I.L.D, than a side kick of Batman would be the Justice League, a long with all the robins, the batgirls, and the batwoman. I'm pretty sure the Justice League would dominate S.H.E.I.L.D, with more members and way more super powered heroes. Though Batman does not represent a country (America) , he represents humanity, because he is a human. This humanity makes it so that Batman controversial, rather than just American. Putting Hitler and the Nazis as the people that Cap is fighting was nice when WWII was still happening, but now it just brings up bad memories for the other side of the war. Meanwhile, Batman is defending Gotham, which is not based off of a city, the city is based off of it, which is no way related to the human world. This makes it so that different people cannot be offended. Sure, if you lived in America you might me super hyped because of Cap, but other places view Batman as the better man.
Posted by rabbidrabbid 1 year ago
Now I have completed every argument. It's up for PowePikachu to end it

And Iron Man against Batman is a very good idea. I will do that in the future!
Posted by Anonymous_Whale 1 year ago
If Batman and Captain America went full out brawl against each other, Batman would loose with strength, but his wits can outsmart even Steve Rogers. They're both brilliant battle strategists, but I do believe that Batman is more modern and has more than enough comrades to put down Captain America. Captain America might've been more popular during actual war, but in this generation, Batman is far more outranked than him. Captain America received the Super Soldier Serum, and Batman is only human. Batman depends more on his utilities and his smarts rather than a shield and strength. Captain America, in my opinion, borders on the line of boring and amazing all at the same time because he is so strong (OP). Batman is more of a detective and crime fighter than a "Super" hero, but it makes for a better story. Ps, Batman/ Bruce helps Gotham/the world with both his money and his fists. Now, if we were comparing Tony Stark/Ironman and Bruce Wayne/Batman, that would make for a whole other story *wink *wink :)

Ps x2 Dick Grayson aka Nightwing is my favorite (and Damian Wayne but oh well)
Posted by Mr_Anderson 1 year ago
Nah, putting evil 6 feet under is the only way to do it.
Posted by GoOrDin 1 year ago
Con all the way.

Batman can do more to help people with his money than with his fists.
he is a ridiculous concept for a hero.
Posted by Mr_Anderson 1 year ago
Re-define some things and I'll consider accepting. When you say best, do you mean "coolest" (which is relative) or "most effective at saving the day/winning a fight" ?