HistoryNotHisStory
Bushido

Batman is the greatest superhero of all!

HistoryNotHisStory

Pro

The Batman aka the Dark Knight, the Detective,and the Caped Crusader, is by far the best superhero in the world of fiction.

No one comes close!

Other heroes may have special powers, but what Batman uses is human ingenuity, skill, and perserverance to defeat his foes.

Batman rules!
Bushido

Con

First of all, I am not a hater of batman. I think that his characteristics make him very unique. However I will argue this because i believe that there is another superhero out there that Hollywood has completely screwed over and has done no justice to. That hero is spiderman.
I will have 3 contentions from which the voters may choose from.
(Contention 1)

To really appreciate the web-slinging hero one needs to realize the trials that he had to overcome before he became the hero we know today. First of all Peter Parker, was a class A nerd....I mean the kind of nerds that would probably get all of those wonderful swirlie, wedgie, and other pranks that we always happens to the nerds. Bruce Wayne, though he had some trials, was never considered to be a nerd, and was not scarred emotionally in that way, I say scarred because bullying truly can scar people deeply. There's that and the fact that his parents died at a young age, and the only father he really had, his uncle Ben, being shot. Though fundamentally one could say that bruce's parents were also shot. Though i believe that uncle Ben's death was harder on Peter because Peter yelled at him before he died and he could have stopped his killer earlier on in the comic books. (Oh and i am only going by the comic books, as the movies leave out much). Also, something i will point out later, Peter is a teenager, he went through the same things and probably going through the harshness of teenage and young adult life.

(Contention 2)
OK the point we also need to look at is the fact that Peter goes through or has gone through the same things that we have gone through. Making him relatable to almost any teenager/young adult. It is because of this connection that makes him such a great superhero. Sure batman may have the money and the fame, but i find that you can't really relate to him in the comics as you can in the Spiderman comics. Another thing to look at is the fact that Peter is smart, something that both heroes have in common. In the comic, though it is left out in the movie which i find appalling, is the fact that he built his web spinners, they didn't magically appear, he used science and all that nerd stuff and he built his entire suit and the flashy gads to go with it. making him, in my opinion, better than Batman.

(Contention 3)
Alright, down to the final contention. My only point to make here is that Parker does something that i have never seen Bruce do, he actually gets married. Why is this important, well if you look at it closely then it becomes something great to put on a hero. I mean think about it, here he has a pretty wife, Maryjane, and a hectic job, with JJ Jameson down at the press, and he still manages to put forth the time and effort to save little old New York city. How he can manage all of those things while saving the New York on a weekly edition basis is crazy to me. This just shows the kind of hero he is i guess.

To conclude, i have only to say this Batman may have the fancy cars and the money, but Parker has the spirit, the will, the brains, and the connection he makes with the comic book world. That is why he is such a great superhero

Thank You
HistoryNotHisStory

Pro

HistoryNotHisStory forfeited this round.
Bushido

Con

Bushido forfeited this round.
HistoryNotHisStory

Pro

Bushido

Con

Bushido forfeited this round.
Posted by Bushido 8 years ago
Bushido
Sure man, i don't see why not. Just let me know whenever. I might not be able to debate right away because i need to prep for an upcoming debate tournament, and the aff case i am writing is like, insane, but let me know and i'll see if i can do it
Posted by Logical-Master 8 years ago
Logical-Master
I love Spider-Man but I'm beginning to see some problems with him. Bushido, would you mind debating this with me after this debate is over?
Posted by Bushido 8 years ago
Bushido
Yeah, i remember Mephisto, ahh i remember the old comic book days, now i am just into books. I am currently reading, the Screwtape Letters. C.S. Lewis is a great author and i have used some of his moral essays in Debate tournaments.
Posted by water123s-Mother 8 years ago
water123s-Mother
You made a good call with droppping Spider-Man back then. It has only gotten worse. Hell, most recently, Peter ended up making a deal with Mephisto (who is Marvel's equivalent of the devil) in order to save Aunt May from dying. In exchange, Peter had to give up his marriage with Mary Jane. I dropped the title altogether at that point.
Posted by Bushido 8 years ago
Bushido
I have been watching your debate though...Pretty interesting, if you ask me. and sorta funny too.
Posted by Bushido 8 years ago
Bushido
Yeah, after the after Mary J. and Peter divorced i kinda lost interest in comics
Posted by water123s-Mother 8 years ago
water123s-Mother
There is a Dark Knight version? I will probably start reading that then. You don't wanna read the real Batman comics right now. The writing is awful and Batman is supposed to be killed by the end of this story arc. Really stupid.
Posted by Bushido 8 years ago
Bushido
Nah i read them, but i read the Dark Knight version, you know the ones that the newer Christian Bale movies are produced from
Posted by water123s-Mother 8 years ago
water123s-Mother
Bushido doesn't read the comics.

Batman got married to Catwoman in the second universe (DC is a multiverse) and had a daughter named Huntress.
Vote Placed by rawrxqueen 7 years ago
rawrxqueen
HistoryNotHisStoryBushidoTied
Vote Placed by Bushido 8 years ago
Bushido
HistoryNotHisStoryBushidoTied
Vote Placed by InquireTruth 8 years ago
InquireTruth
HistoryNotHisStoryBushidoTied