HuskiesKun
jkboogeyman

Batman vs Dead pool

Reasons for your voting decision - Required

HuskiesKun

Pro

The Pro(me) will be supporting Batman in this debate, I look forward to a nice debate,

Real Name: Bruce Wayne
Height: 6' 2"
Weight: 210lbs.
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown
Intelligence Level: Extraordinary Genius
Strength Level: Peak human
Endurance Level: Peak human (enhanced by body armor)
Speed Level: Peak human
Agility Level: Peak human
Stamina Level: Peak human
Reflexes Level: Peak human
bench Press : 750+
Batman has trained in over 127 different martial arts, this makes him a extremely tough opponent. Batman is a highly skilled fighter, escapologist, forensic scientist, strategist and having the best deductive and observational skills.

To increase his already immense physical prowess he employs a large array of weapons and gadgets, such as batarangs, razor throwing knives, smoke grenades, lock picks and grappling hooks. The list goes on to things such as anti-shark spray. Most of these are kept in his utility belt. His suit is make of flame weave/Kevlar which is resistant to flames, blades and small arms fire.

Batman uses vehicles such as the batmobile, which is a heavily armored car capable of going 250-300 mph. He also has batboats and batplane which is a specialized F4.

In a fight with dead pool, batman would win hands down, I acknowledge that dead pool has insane healing and great skill with blades, however batmans superior weapons and skill would easily give him the victory.
Deadpool
Team: None
Range/Lightning Bolts: 6/2
Speed: 8 7 7 6 6 5 5
Attack: 10 9 9 8 8 7 7
Defense: 16 15 15 14 13 12 11
Damage: 2 2 2 2 1 1 1

BATMAN
Speed:8 8 8 7 6 6 6
Attack: 10 10 9 8 8 8 7
Defense:16 15 15 15 14 14 13
Damage: 1 2 2 2 2 1 1

These are the only official stats I can dig up on these two from Heroclix, as you can see batman wins in speed, attack, defense and ties in damage.
jkboogeyman

Con

Well I think I shall start by making it clear that both of these characters are personal favourites of mine (fave from DC and fave from Marvel).
As for my argument; I'll start with the statistics that my opponent has stated.
I hardly think statistics from heroclix can be taken as the official statistics of either character. So with that in mind I shall re-examine the statistical comparison. My opponent states multiple times that batman has reached peak HUMAN; Deadpool is a human mutant and on an entirely different standard to batman in most of these statistics.
Intelligence level:
Ok I guess I can give you this one on account of Deadpool being mentally unbalanced, but I will point out that as far as combat sense goes Deadpool remains capable (effective even, due to his life before and after becoming a mutant being all about killing). Further-more Deadpool's lack of comprehension (and all-round lack of a steady mindset) and has on previous occasions proved to counter-act the combat awareness and psychological warfare of opponents such as taskmaster. (two things batman is know for using).
Strength:
While batman is a peak human level deadpool is at mutant level and has accelerated healing. Muscle size and strength is increased through exercise of the specific muscles, this process is essentially causing microscopic tears in the muscle fibre and allowing the muscle to reconstruct (aka heal). This means deadpool can exercise and go through hypertrophy (the process I have described above) and be ready to start the process again without the many-hour rest period that batman would require as a human. It is only natural that Deadpool would be physically stronger (even to superhuman extent).
Endurance:
Deadpool has an accelerated healing factor that allows him to regenerate limbs (in some continualities he even survives decapitation), this allows him to endure all forms of punishment to a nearly immortal degree (though his accelerated healing does vary depending on continuality) with nearly no long term effects. Ergo Deadpool can survive far more abuse than batman (even with his suit), including surviving flames as Deadpool has been completely incinerated before.
Speed:
with increased muscle output should come increased speed (putting it at superhuman)
Agility:
'His natural strength, agility and reflexes have been enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural limits of the human body. Deadpool's agility and reaction time are superior to those of even the finest human athlete.'
-Marvel universe wiki
Stamina:
The official Marvel universe wiki states that Deadpool possess superhuman stamina on account of his body producing less fatigue toxins. Not stated is the fact that if his body can heal at such a high rate then he should theoretically be able to restore his adenosine triphosphate (the energy system the human body uses for short bursts of maximum output energy) this system would usually allow a burst of muscles being active at 100% of their capacity for about five seconds (It is acceptable that Batman could have trained to about ten seconds but much higher is beyond human capabilities), following that burst a break period of a couple of minutes is usually required and the body will use other systems that cannot operate at maximum capacity but do last longer. If deadpool can restore the adenosine triphosphate cells he should be able to use maximum capacity muscle output for ten second more than once a minute while batman maybe once every 2-3 mins.
Reflexes:
see 'agility'

So I feel it can be concluded that deadpool is physically superior. As for martial arts Deadpool may not know 127, but he is know to be a master of multiple martial arts and his superpowers more than make up for the ones he doesn't know. Deadpool is also an expert marksman (batman is as well but batman prefers not to use them whereas Deadpool uses them on a daily basis) and swordsman.

As for equipment Deadpool has his two trademark guns and two swords, he may not have a utility belt but he does have a belt that allows teleporting (which can serve the pupose of batman's smoke grenades, lock picks [at least on doors], grappling hook, and vehicles).

In conclusion; Deadpool is physically superior and outmatches batman in armed combat, while also lacking the comprehensive skills to fall for any psychological warfare.
I hope I have covered all relevant points and await my opponents response.

Marvel universe official wiki.
the various free comics on the Marvel site (if you haven't already, check them out; there're some good ones on there).
DC database.
For the physiological portions of my argument I used 'VCE PHYSICAL EDUCATION, book 2, third edition' as a reference.
HuskiesKun

Pro

Thank you for accepting my debate,
Ok ill start off with "mentally unbalanced" that is an understatement. dead Pool has been on many occasions unaware what is happening, has instead of saving humans had sexual relations with the undead and his healing ability is mentally driven to an extent. This displays that if batman distracted dead pool with a dead body or with puzzle he could easily decapitate and place the head away from his body.

In the recent comics and movies dead pool has had normal strength, if he did do the process you explain his bones wouldn't be able to support the weight, yes they would heal but what good is that if they just keep breaking and breaking.

"(In some continuality he even survives decapitation)" This may be true but someone has to reunite his head with his body for him to heal. Therefore batman would just have to move his head a foot away or use his foam grenades and encase the head in a concrete substance.

'His natural strength, agility and reflexes have been enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural limits of the human body. Dead pool's agility and reaction time are superior to those of even the finest human athlete.'
This statement may be true, however this is if he is paying attention to what is happening and not "romancing" a dead body or arguing with himself.

'Master of Stealth: His Ninjitsu training has made him a master at stealth capable of breaching high security facilities with ease and without being detected.' With dead pools mental handicap he would most defiantly not pay attention to his surroundings when he is arguing with himself or engaging in other "activities".

Fighting batman is basically fighting Green Arrow, Mister Miracle, Lady Shiva, Bronze Tiger, riddler and Richard Dragon. Batman could use his vehicles to blow dead pool up park on his head etc

The one most powerful tool batman could use would be the green lanterns ring, batman is depicted to have the strongest will in the universe, therefore a will controlled weapon e.g. the ring, would give batman god status, this happens twice throughout the comics and in which he saves the universe.

Dead pools accuracy has been called "shoddy" firing randomly because he likes the "feel" where as batman has often beaten the green arrow in accuracy. Which would imply he is more accurate then Dead pool by far.

"Does have a belt that allows teleporting (which can serve the purpose of batman's smoke grenades, lock picks [at least on doors, grappling hook, and vehicles)." I agree with this statement however I fail to see how a teleporting belt makes up of a F4 or car or boat with weapons etc.

The most powerful weapon batman has against dead pool would be his allies, where as dead pool has nearly none.
"Outmatches batman in armed combat" this couldn't be more wrong because of the green lanterns rings and batman's gun skill.
Batman has duelled with the best swordsman in marvel and DC Ogun
and won, Ogun is leagues better in blade combat the Dead pool and if batman can beat him dead pool would be a walk in the park. He originally learnt his skill from rha gul who he surpassed easily.
Batman killed Darkseid, Superman couldn't kill Darkseid will his maxed out powers and stats also speaking of agility batman is the only being to have avoided Darksieds OB (omega Beam). So Batman could easily beat dead pool in a fight. With deadpools mental state batman could probably talk him into giving up by telling him if he doesn't his speech box's won't be yellow anymore.

I thank my opponent and blissfully await his response.
jkboogeyman

Con

Not bad 'HuskiesKun' but in future I would request you reference sources so that your arguments can be validated by myself and the voters and I can adjust my arguments accordingly.

{'dead Pool has been on many occasions unaware what is happening'}
I did state that Deadpool's comprehensive skills were sometimes lacking; but I would like to point out that for the most part this causes him to simply take situations less seriously but that doesn't mean he doesn't know when he's fighting (this is all he needs as we are discussing the outcome of combat), Deadpool is a somewhat uncomprehending but not to the point of full blown autism. As for the sexual relations with the undead I do recall Deadpool once having a semi-romantic relationship with the entity that is Death (as in the embodiment of that very concept). However this not exactly the sexual relations with the undead that you specify, If you insist that this has indeed happened then please specify the incident you refer to as I cannot argue against a point which does not seem to exist (though neither can you use it as a valid argument). You even mention the possibility of batman distracting Deadpool with a dead body (are you still referring to the undead you mentioned earlier or do you now refer to an actual corpse?) but if you refer to Deadpool's relations with Death then I should point out that was not a purely sexual one.

On the topic of Deadpool's healing factor being mentally driven to an extent this is true. However that mental drive has managed to remain present even while he is decapitated, and on another occasion while his heart was torn out of his body. My point being that Deadpool's healing still beats out the durability Batman has by far.

{'In the recent comics and movies dead pool'}
Here I have a problem as you mention 'comics and movies'.The Deadpool featured in recent films (most notably in X-Men origins: Wolverine) differs far from the comics to the point of contradiction, they may as well be two different characters and as such I have limited myself to the character as he exists in the comics. I would request that you do the same for Batman (who varies even more in different media) so this debate may be a more accurate comparison, also if you do choose to include all versions of Batman then you must at least acknowledge them as separate characters, meaning you must separate elements from the comics, movies, and tv versions. As this would require you do redo your statistics so that each different Batman has only their own traits I don't think you would like this option.

{'if he did do the process you explain his bones wouldn't be able to support the weight, yes they would heal but what good is that if they just keep breaking and breaking'}
While true that a normal human body would probably be unable to support such muscle expansion Deadpool is not a normal human. I do still consider the process I mentioned plausible, and you have not put forward an argument to say that it isn't plausible but rather that it would have a serious side effects. So I shall discus your belief regarding it's side-effect. My process would not be visible as it happened but instead would become noticeable through the rapid increase in muscle-mass (and Deadpool doesn't exactly look like a slouch). If bones were constantly breaking then it would be very noticeable all the time, and as we seem to be accepting the characters as they appear in their respective media; bones are never mentioned to break due to having to support his muscle. Please note that my opponent's suggested side effect not occurring (and it definitely isn't occurring) does not necessarily disprove my suggested process as the human body (especially a mutants human body) clearly does not work the same way in either the DC Universe or the Marvel one. I will accept though that it is a good argument and so I put forward a back-up argument for those that choose to dismiss the muscle build-up argument. Even without my suggested process Deadpool is still visibly at a point of human peak condition which appears at the very least even with Batman.

RE: Deadpool surviving decapitation.
Yes; Deadpool's head does need to be reattached to his body for him to heal, this is still far beyond Batman's capabilities to survive without head.

The following is extracted from my opponent's most recent argument (though it features a quote from my opening argument)
{'His natural strength, agility and reflexes have been enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural limits of the human body. Dead pool's agility and reaction time are superior to those of even the finest human athlete.'
This statement may be true, however this is if he is paying attention to what is happening and not "romancing" a dead body or arguing with himself.}
Within this statement my opponent accepts that Deadpool is likely to have superior strength, agility and reflexes. He then attempts to combat those points by implying that Deadpool will be unable to use these attributes because of necrophilia, or he will talk to himself. I already put forward my response to Deadpool's 'undead romance' and so I await further response from my opponent on the validation of that argument. As for deadpool talking to himself; this hasn't proved to be too much of a problem in combat on any combat scenarios that come to my mind, in fact his talking to himself often takes up a similar dialogue to what is usually included in thought bubbles (for more stable characters).
My opponent claims that Deadpool's mental handicap would also cancel out any stealth capabilities. But this is not the case, for example in DEADPOOL (1997) issue 16 Deadpool is perfectly capable of recon and infiltration of what is practically a fortress. He then does get bored and wipe out most of the base, but it is proved that he is capable of stealth (take special note that my opponent specified that in regard to stealth and it did not prove true {With dead pools mental handicap he would most defiantly not pay attention to his surroundings when he is arguing with himself or engaging in other "activities".}). I will once again elaborate on my opponent's necrophilia references, it is clear that my opponent believes Deadpool to have an obsession that make dead bodies irresistible to him, yet no evidence of this has been provided.

Once again I am at odds with my opponents mixed versions of Batman, my opponent mentions that two times Batman uses a green lantern ring and while he is right to say that the ring would drastically change the fight I question the legitimacy of that argument. To my knowledge the two times Batman receives a lantern ring are In 'Batman: In Darkest Knight' and when the Sinestro corps try to recruit Batman to their cause by offering him a ring (which he rejects).
As for 'In Darkest Knight' that was an ALTERNATIVE UNIVERSE ONE-SHOT wherein Bruce Wayne is offered a green lantern ring BEFORE he is inspired to take up the mantle of the bat (thus he never actually became Batman).
Now on to Deadpool's accuracy; my opponent clearly states that Deadpool fires randomly cause he 'likes the feel' (not cause he can't shoot straight), so this does not prove Batman to be more accurate. In fact Deadpool still has far more experience with firearms.

To answer my Opponents question about Deadpool's teleportation. The ability to teleport at will would remove the need for any vehicle as teleportation would be a more efficient form of transport.

{The most powerful weapon batman has against dead pool would be his allies}
I don't remember this being 'Batman & friends vs Deadpool but for a full list of Deadpool's team affiliations look at the group affiliation section of the following page [http://marvel.com...(Wade_Wilson)]
{"Outmatches batman in armed combat" this couldn't be more wrong because of the green lanterns rings and batman's gun skill.}
- I have already elaborated on those two points.

I await response.
HuskiesKun

Pro

(Sorry this will be rushed, spent weekend at friends house XD)
Refrences, im sorry for not including them and i wouldve thought this community would be more trusting.

Dead bodys, is from 'curse of the mutants' where deadpool has sex with corpses in a chapel, i was not refering to death.

I never said that his healing did beat his durability i was merely stating that bat man could easily counter it.
"If bones were constantly breaking then it would be very noticable all the time," Obviously it would, however you stated that he could use this to reach super human strength, i was merely stating that the amount of muscle needed to reach that extent would cause serious fractures and breaks in his bones.

"Yes; Deadpool's head does need to be reattached to his body for him to heal, this is still far beyond Batman's capabilities to survive without head." Once more obviously batman is human, i was stating that it needed to be reattached inorder to heal.

"As for deadpool talking to himself; this hasn't proved to be too much of a problem in combat on any combat scenarios that come to my mind," This has caused him to be bitten by a zombie, crushed by the hulk, diced by wolverine etc etc

"Now on to Deadpool's accuracy; my opponent clearly states that Deadpool fires randomly cause he 'likes the feel' (not cause he can't shoot straight), so this does not prove Batman to be more accurate. In fact Deadpool still has far more experience with firearms."
If deadpool is firing randomly and batman is aiming, batman is probably gonna me more accurate.

Batman has had the Green lantern ring in basicly all of the DC universes, saving it each time.

"To answer my Opponents question about Deadpool's teleportation. The ability to teleport at will would remove the need for any vehicle as teleportation would be a more efficient form of transport." Teleporting doesnt gve you rocket launcers, machine guns etc etc

"I don't remember this being 'Batman & friends vs Deadpool but for a full list of Deadpool's team affiliations look at the group " Batman would use all the resorces (including friends) he has which includes money (possability hiring an army etc etc)

Thanks for the debate
sorry for the rushed last one
haha
Should have other debates ;D
jkboogeyman

Con

My debate will also be rushed for personal matters.

To start; Isn't one of the voting points on this sites debates to do with source reliability (this is my first debate so if I'm incorrect I apologise).

RE: curse of the mutants
I see, forgive me I couldn't find the comic you were referring to until you had given me it's name I have found it now. Though that incident still doesn't completely justify you using necrophilia as a response to multiple points regarding Deadpool's physically superior traits as Deadpool is not shown to even acknowledge any sort of attraction to the dead in most cases.

RE: "I never said that his healing did beat his durability i was merely stating that bat man could easily counter it."
My comments about Deadpool's healing factor was a response to your comments about Batman's 'peak human' endurance and durable suit, if you accept that Deadpool's healing ability puts him above batman in endurance and duribility then I was successful in proving that point.

As for the bones breaking being noticeable; my point was that it can be seen that your suggested theory is not occurring while mine is just theoretically canceled out by you statements UNDER THE CONDITIONS OF A REGULAR IN REAL LIFE, these are comic characters; anything that you don't know isn't happening could be happening (I think the healing factor already proves that).

My comments about reattaching Deadpool's head were simply an example of Deadpool's capabilities.

RE: ""As for deadpool talking to himself; this hasn't proved to be too much of a problem in combat on any combat scenarios that come to my mind," This has caused him to be bitten by a zombie, crushed by the hulk, diced by wolverine etc etc."
He's still alive and kicking isn't he.

RE: Batman's accuracy with a firearm.
Even if Batman did have better firearm accuracy (but he doesn't) Batman doesn't use guns on people at all, that's part of his mental truama about his parent's death.

RE: 'Batman has had the Green lantern ring in basicly all of the DC universes, saving it each time.'
Yet one round ago you said 'this happens twice throughout the comics and in which he saves the universe.'
I mentioned two times you may be referring to and voided them both, so I'm detecting some inconsistency.

RE: Batman's allies.
I've already pointed out that Deadpool also has allies, he may not be all that close with most of them but Batman is only close with his allies when he isn't driving them away or letting the Joker beat them to death ('Death in the Family' arc)
'possability hiring an army etc etc'
-that doesn't sound like Batman and you're still drawing away from the Deadpool vs Batman argument adding all these other people.

Finally I point out again that my opponent relied on references from Batman in the movies, comics, and tv (including a mentioned of the 1960s version, nice one by the way). All of these are basically different people, I have formed a comparable description of Deadpool but my opponent has taken parts form many Batman versions which should all be different comparisons (being that they are all different characters). For this reason I don't believe you can win as you have failed to prove that Batman could beat Deadpool in combat ( the proposition you set forward in the first round). I was out to stop you from doing so and I believe I have.

Thank you for a good debate, I await the voting results.
Posted by jkboogeyman 5 years ago
jkboogeyman
Thank you for explaining Puck I see what you mean now, and I guess it is true that Deadpool doesn't have the X-gene; so by marvel standards he isn't a mutant (actually I'm not sure what to call him). This was my first debate, so call it a rookie mistake. I'll be more careful with my terms next time.
Posted by Puck 5 years ago
Puck
"how would you describe a human who has been altered with a mutant gene"

Yeah except he hasn't. He has a form of Wolverine's healing factor (a better version at that), not, Wolverines genetic makeup. As such he has no X gene and isn't mutant. The healing factor he received was a type of extract from Wolverines blood.

Think of it in terms of Spiderman. he isn't classed as a mutant either, and his origins are closer to that of Deadpool's, than Deadpool's is to any mutant. :) Hope that clears it up - btw, totally on your side on this debate. ;)
Posted by jkboogeyman 5 years ago
jkboogeyman
I'm not sure I understand what you mean 'Puck' how would you describe a human who has been altered with a mutant gene? If you mean he is not the same type of mutant as the X-men, in that he wasn't born with his mutant power but rather acquired them artificially then I suppose I he could be considered an artificial mutant. But even then he is still a human and he is still a mutant. Please elaborate.
Posted by Puck 5 years ago
Puck
"Deadpool is a human mutant"

No he isn't. :P
Vote Placed by Puck 5 years ago
Puck
HuskiesKunjkboogeymanTied
Reasons for voting decision: Messy debate and would have been tied across the board but for Con pointing out the non main continuity based arguments of Pro.
Vote Placed by Cliff.Stamp 5 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
HuskiesKunjkboogeymanTied
Reasons for voting decision: "instead of saving humans had sexual relations with the undead" - haven't we all. This was fairly well balanced with give/take on both sides, for example Pro argued that The Batman has allies and the bogedyman noted this was false, but Pro did make valid points about The Batman have more extensive Martial Arts and the lack of focus for the 'Pool. I would give this 1 pt to the Mad Clown simply as the burden of proof was Pro and I don't see how he carried it fully.