ricksterpr0
leonitus2464

Batman (with no additional weapons or armor) would defeat Bruce Lee in a street fight

ricksterpr0

ricksterpr0

Pro

Here is the scenario

Batman and Bruce Lee walk into a vacant space such as a parking lot facing one another.
Neither fighter has any weapons or armor (only their body) and they are both in street clothes. This scenario is also assuming neither fighter will run away, there are no foreign objects available to use against one another, and that Batman is brought to life in our universe along with a version of Bruce Lee in his prime.
There are no rules and it is a fight until one of them taps out, or is beaten dead/unconscious.

The rules for the debate are

1st round accept
2nd round - 3rd round debate
4th round conclude

No major foul language allowed and no semantics.

I will be taking the side of Batman good luck.
leonitus2464

Con

I accept your challenge.
ricksterpr0

Pro

Thank you for accepting the debate con.

I will begin my argument with a tale of the tape

Bruce lee:

Stands at 5'7

Weights 160 pounds

Batman:

Stands at 6'2

Weighs 210 pounds.

Discarding all other aspects of fighting this is already a huge disadvantage to Bruce Lee. Not only is Batman a staggering 7 inches taller, but he outweighs him by 50 pounds. This will provide him with a greater reach than Bruce Lee and his striking power will also be inherently greater.

Strength/Size

As I just mentioned Batman makes Bruce Lee look like a boy with the overwhelming difference in height/weight. But in addition to this, it is important to remember that his weight is entirely muscle. Batman has shown incredible feats of strength such as bench pressing 1000 pounds raw ( The current World record raw bench press is 722) , Leg pressing 2500 (It is unclear what the current record is but this is presumably close) , kicking solid trees in HALF, tearing open a locked vault by the handle, and many more just astonishing examples of his elite strength.

Bruce Lee on the other hand, while very strong an muscular, comes nowhere near this level. It has been said that he has bench pressed 300 pounds, but this is just useless in comparison to Batman's strength. This results in him having much lower striking and grappling power than Batman.

Speed/Agility/Reflexes

It has not been defined clearly how fast either fighter is. However we do know that batman is as fast, if not faster,than any elite sprinter. Again, while Bruce Lee is fast he again does not come close to this level of speed. Batman has been shown numerous times chasing down cars running from him and escaping so fast in smoke it appear he has vanished. I do believe Bruce has cat like speed, but it is just not on par with Batman.

As for Agility, the two are about equal. Both have displayed their agility on many occasions with remarkable displays of parkour in the streets and dodging speedy opponents in fights. IMO they tie in agility.

For Reflexes, they tie again, by showing us their ability to defend lightning fast attacks from multiple opponents at once. Enough said.

Fighting Skill

This is where it gets interesting. Batman has MASTERED 127 different martial arts. He is a complete fighting machine. I would give him the edge here because he knows the martial arts Bruce Lee knows to perfection, along with many Bruce Lee doesn't know. This makes him an overall more well rounded fighter just because he has so many techniques to pull out of his sleeve. The real component missing from Lee's game is his ground game. Once Batman gets him down, he will not be able to defend against his attacks properly.

Experience

Bruce Lee was primarily an actor. Not to say he couldn't deliver quite the as whooping every now and then, It's just that he never really did it to the extent that Batman did. Batman has been fighting people all his life, including those with superpowers. The guy has held his own against Superman and many other overpowered heroes. Bruce Lee may have been a fighter from birth as well, but he didn't have to fight people as good as the ones batman had to fight.

My overview of the Fight.

It is a quick, bloody fight, in which Batman overpowers him with his superior strength and skills. One punch that lands from Batman would snap his jaw right in two. If he can kick big trees in half, I cant imagine if he wanted to he couldn't do the same to Lee. Batman is just too big and too strong for Lee to handle. While Lee may be able to hold his own against him if they had similar strength levels, they clearly don't, and that will be the deciding factor in this fight.
leonitus2464

Con

fist id like to thank my opponent for making such good points. but first off the weight and height don't make to much difference strength does even if Bruce lee is smaller that can give him and advantage he would have more agility and be able to move faster than batman Bruce lee was a strong man no doubt about it. that and batman is limited because hes not willing to kill so he wont go full force ( it of course depends on the version of batman but about 80% don't kill on purpose) plus hes allot stronger than you might think

https://www.youtube.com...

so he could even if hes a smaller guy could do enough damage to get a knock out hit on batman. but just to bring this up Bruce lee was as involved with his martial arts career as he was with his acting one he did martial arts many years before his acting career even began. that and Bruce lee actually did allot of fighting at tournaments and even on the streets.

http://listverse.com...
ricksterpr0

Pro

Just because batman doesn't kill doesn't mean that he wouldn't go full force until Bruce lee was incapacitated. Con tries to say there is not much of a strength difference, but I beg to differ. Batman can bench over 700 lbs what Lee can bench. If that is not a major strength difference then what is?

http://batmanfeats.blogspot.com...

Also, I would not say Lee is faster than batman by any means. Batman is faster than an Elite sprinter and he has been shown chasing down speeding cars. Also, for quickness, he has been shown to dodge bullets and catch arrows from green arrow in the air.
http://batmanfeats.blogspot.com...

Batman is just a better fighter than lee. As I said he completely mastered 127 martial arts and has way more fighting experience. Con posted a link that did show that Bruce Lee used to fight often. I find this interesting however Batman did this everyday protecting the streets of Gotham. He has also fought many individuals with super powers and held his own. I do not believe Bruce Lee could do that.

http://writing.wikinut.com...
leonitus2464

Con

first I would like to say that batman only won his fights with people stronger than him because of his weapons not just his martial arts skills alone. that and heres a link about Bruce lee's speed.

http://www.factfiend.com...

but i also need to know which version of batman you're talking about. theres more than one version of batman each differs from another in some way. but other than that Bruce lee could bench press 500 Ibs thats only a 100 pound difference so Bruce lee could with his speed and strength win a fight against batman.
keep in mind if your using a live action version of batman he cant chase cars but even in the versions of batman ive seen hes never chased a car on foot not even in the cartoon version have I seen that. I am just saying that batman's size and strength doesnt automatically mean he will win and rather hes actually stronger than Bruce lee is debatable because again batman wont go full force he can kill allot of his villans with his bear hands but doesn't so in that sense he stays very restrained. but also most of batman's villans aren't greater in strength because most of them are human and without
superpowers.(exept for clay face and poison ivy and a few others)
ricksterpr0

Pro

This is no specific batman. It is just a general batman from the comics. Even if you say bruce lee can bench 500 ( no source), that is still a 500 pound difference from Batman's 1000 pound bench press. You have proved nothing to me that he is even a better martial artist because batman mastered way more martial arts and fights way better people more frequently. As for what you said regarding that batman uses mostly his gadgets to defeat people, that isn't necessarily true. He has many times defeated super-powered opponents with his martial arts skills.

Even without Batman's superior strength, he could still win in my opinion because of his superior speed, his superior martial arts background, and his superior experience. The batman in the comics as my previous source showed http://batmanfeats.blogspot.com... can dodge bullets and I have heard of Bruce Lee doing no such feat. I cannot see any possibility for bruce lee to win because batman is better in every aspect. All of my opponents sources show that Bruce Lee is really good, but I have agreed with that from the start. None of his sources have refuted my arguments that Batman has accomplished those feats and far beyond.

I had fun debating.

Vote pro
leonitus2464

Con

first off I would like to say that if batman is in a fight with a real life person he need to have more realistic but still impressive abilities. but again your greatly underestimating the abilities of bruce lee. but again batman wont go full force because he is unwilling to kill so even if he knows 127 types of martial arts he wont go all out.

http://www.budoseek.net...

this debate has been fun.

vote con
Posted by leonitus2464 2 years ago
leonitus2464
one of my links i provided a video of that punch.
Posted by Daily_Don 2 years ago
Daily_Don
Regarding my last post, my bad.

Not less than an inch. The length of his fingers, whatever that was.
Posted by Daily_Don 2 years ago
Daily_Don
It doesn't matter whether or not Batman will kill. Bruce Lee did what he did in real life. Batman is what he is through a fabrication of someone's imagination.

Real life Batman would be a real life person of those qualities. None of the unrealistic luck and capabilities that you see in comics or cartoons would exist for a real life person that fits Batman's qualities. I think the Batman creator knew this too, which is why all the gadgets and wealth was necessary to make him believable.

Bruce Lee could send you crashing against a wall with less than an inch drawback for his punch.
You think any real life Batman is capable of anything like that?
Bruce Lee was so fast, he was able to get his fist caught in the same picture frame as a bullet that was fired out of a gun.

You might think that it's martial arts mumbo jumbo that allowed him to do what he could do, but I'll guarantee you, 90% of it has to do with strength and muscle-tone that no amount of martial arts raw skill will ever replace.

Bruce Lee would not win because Bruce Lee is necessarily stronger or from any advantage that might be gotten from being smaller, but because Bruce Lee is extremely fast, is indeed strong, and because he's very extremely well rehearsed in an artistic style of fighting researched and perfected across generations that specifically specializes in taking advantage of physics and leverage using speed and strength when fighting an opponent of any given size.

Batman might know martial arts too, but there's no way he's going to know it as well as a man who practiced more than one form, and designed his own for over 8 hours every single day for more than 2 decades.
Posted by leonitus2464 2 years ago
leonitus2464
i accept
Posted by ricksterpr0 2 years ago
ricksterpr0
u joker this was supposed to be a serious debate
Posted by dynamicduodebaters 2 years ago
dynamicduodebaters
Yaw...
Posted by AlexanderOc 2 years ago
AlexanderOc
Had to ruin the fun for everyone.
Posted by AlexanderOc 2 years ago
AlexanderOc
Fine.
dynamicduodebaters
Oh :( thats a shame
Posted by ricksterpr0 2 years ago
ricksterpr0
it says no semantics in the rules b/c we had this in our last debate which I won either way. Also would implies a hypothetical scenario it doesn't make sense to use can b/c as you said neither actually exist.
Vote Placed by J03ybatts 2 years ago
J03ybatts
ricksterpr0leonitus2464Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro actually proved batman was better due to his incredible feats. cons only evidence that suggested he stood a chance was a link to some forum post
Vote Placed by Cold-Mind 2 years ago
Cold-Mind
ricksterpr0leonitus2464Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con has explained how size is not proportional to the streght, while making good arguments for expererience in martial arts and batman's lack of motivation is this particular fight.