nevedarkwolf
TheNorseman007

Battlefield is a better game then Call of Duty for online multi-player

Started: 1/17/2014 Category: Games

nevedarkwolf

Pro

As far as video games go, the enjoyment factor is the ultimate sign of a good product. I find that with the lack of hacks, mods, and the benefits of better graphics and realistic game play rewards players with more enjoyment in an online experience.
TheNorseman007

Con

Thanks for the debate! This will be a fun one!

First, I want to make an observation about the resolution. The resolution "Battlefield is a better online game than Call of Duty" leaves the burden of proof with affirmative. Secondly, as negative, if I proved that Call of Duty and Battlefield are equal, or that Call of Duty is better I win the debate.

That being said, I have several reasons why Call of Duty is a better game.

Contention 1:

My opponent says "As far as video games go, the enjoyment factor is the ultimate sign of a good product." With this statement he is implying that a game that is more enjoyable would be better. Consumers would not buy a product they wouldn't enjoy, so, sales figures are a good place to look to see which game people enjoy more.

Activision announced that Call of Duty: Ghosts sold more than $1 billion on Day One. EA has yet to release sales figures for Battlefield 4, which leads me to believe that it is less. If it were more, they would be the first to announce it to the world. But the fact they didn't doesn't bode well. Secondly, their stock dropped, so if they had seen considerable sales, it would have increased.

Contention 2:

Another way to measure enjoyment is by ratings. Call of Duty: Ghosts received a rating of 8.8 from IGN. (http://www.ign.com...). Battlefield 4 scored lower with an 8.5 (http://www.ign.com...). This draws the conclusion that Call of Duty was more enjoyable, otherwise it would not have received higher ratings.

Contention 3:

If we are looking solely at online enjoyment, Call of Duty is the obvious choice. Battlefield 4 launched with several glitches. Call of Duty did not. EA has also attracted several lawsuits from the glitchy nature of Battlefield 4.

So for these reasons, and more, I urge a negative vote.
nevedarkwolf

Pro

nevedarkwolf forfeited this round.
TheNorseman007

Con

I extend all of my arguments.
nevedarkwolf

Pro

nevedarkwolf forfeited this round.
TheNorseman007

Con

I extend again and because my opponent never attacked my contentions or defended his own I win the debate.
Posted by druminboy918 3 years ago
druminboy918
Loving how much the other guy fought back... LOL XD