ngowans8
GrantLikesMen

Battlefield is better than Call Of Duty

ngowans8
Started: 11/20/2013 Category: Games

ngowans8

Pro

This debate is to find the advantages and disadvantages of each franchise and hopefully establish which is the greater intellectual property.

This debate will adhere to the following format
Round 1 - Introduction of yourself and experience playing both franchises and the systems you have played them on and initial reasons for choosing your preferred franchise.
Round 2 - Positive arguments for your chosen franchise (Pro/For = battlefield, Con/against = COD) and reasons your franchise is superior
Round 3 - Negative arguments against your competitors franchise (keep it clean)
Round 4 - Debunking, debating and disproving your competitors round 3 statements.
Round 5 - Final closing statements and summarizing each others arguments.

Also please keep the foul language to a minimum. I know how passionate COD fans can be.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lets begin.

I'm 28 years old and I have been a gamer for the past 20 years, I play a variety of genres and I started playing first person shooters in 1993 with Wolfenstien 3D followed by the Doom series. More recently I have spent several hundred hours playing Battlefield 3 and Battlefield Bad Company on Playstation 3, at least 30 hours playing Battlefield 4 on Playstation 3, I have also played dozens of hours on battlefield 3 and Battlefield 1942 on PC and unfortunately only 1 hour on battlefield 4 on PC. I have also played roughly 70 hours of Call of Duty Modern Warfare on Xbox 360, At least a hundred hours of Modern Warfare 3 on Playstation 3 and I've played several hundred hours of Black ops 2 on Playstation 3. I also have Battlefield 4 ordered for the UK release day.

The primary reason I believe Battlefield to be the greater franchise is not related to sales figures, but to the innovation and advancement between each successive release as well as the better game-play values, and the technical ingenuity behind the concept. I want to make it clear that I'm not trying to imply that Call of Duty isn't a good franchise, as it clearly is. But simply that it's far too overrated compared to its main rival, and I'd like this debate to examine the reasons behind this.
GrantLikesMen

Con

If you like Battlefield more than COD than you're gay...
ngowans8

Pro

1 - I'm not going to waste my time and point out your grammatical error
2 - The sexual orientation of an individual doesn't effect the validity of their argument.
3 - Your opening statement leads me to believe you're either a 12 year old internet troll and simply too stupid to provide a reasonable opening argument. It also makes me think you're either lazy or too illiterate to read the terms of my debate in the first place. In fact I'm amazed you managed to even create a profile inthe first place.
4 - This is speculation, but I imagine by your attitude towards others (and considering the anonymous nature of the internet) that you are likely a bully victim and have been traumatized during your childhood, most likely by someone called Grant (perhaps he's your abusive stepfather or something) This resulted in your need to lash out at complete strangers while hiding behind the safety barrier of your keyboard (don't worry bro, there are no bullies here, I wont hurt you)
5 - So to summarize, go back to Youtube where you most likely came from (and where you certainly belong) and post some pointless statements on some random videos and let the grown ups talk. Also, while you're at it apologize to your mother for being born and ruining her life. After you've done that, tell Grant I said to go steady on the drink and stop taking his failures and pent up aggression out on his 12 year old stepson.
GrantLikesMen

Con

GrantLikesMen forfeited this round.
ngowans8

Pro

ngowans8 forfeited this round.
GrantLikesMen

Con

GrantLikesMen forfeited this round.
ngowans8

Pro

ngowans8 forfeited this round.
GrantLikesMen

Con

GrantLikesMen forfeited this round.
ngowans8

Pro

ngowans8 forfeited this round.
GrantLikesMen

Con

GrantLikesMen forfeited this round.
Posted by ngowans8 3 years ago
ngowans8
ok lets do it :)
Posted by Sircam22 3 years ago
Sircam22
Awww I really wanted to debate this!!!!!! I have some good points!
Vote Placed by Josh_b 3 years ago
Josh_b
ngowans8GrantLikesMenTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro made argument and they were thereby more convincing. His grammar did not include personal attacks, or cursing.