iamasoloact
TheBajanConnection

Be it resolved that countries be allowed to censor content for their citizens

iamasoloact

Pro

yes because this way you can block vulgar things that poison the mind with violence, less psychopaths will be made. I think the Internet should be censored. First, if the Internet is censored, it keeps us from things we do not wish to see.
Second, recently, cyber bullying is a serious problem in online society. If the internet is censored well, if can protect us from these kinds of cyber bullying.
TheBajanConnection

Con

Hello adversary! I hope we have an interesting debate, and I wish you the best of luck!
I hold the view of not censoring the internet, as I believe information censorship is one of the deadliest things on the world. Let us define internet censorship: Internet censorship is the control or suppression of what can be accessed, published, or viewed on the Internet.
1) I believe that the internet is a great tool to share information and ideas with other people, like we are doing right now, and for some people to express themselves.
2) The internet is a fast way to connect to other people around the world, like we are doing now.
3) If the internet was censored, people would be cut off from the truth. Look at North Korea for example, they have no internet that is uncensored, state controlled media, and state controlled education and many people there seem brainwashed. These people are oppressed everyday and they don't realize it because they can't realize it.
These are my main points as of now, but now I will refute my opponents points.
My opponents says, "you can block vulgar things that poison the mind with violence, less psychopaths will be made."
I disagree with my opponent because psychopaths have been around forever, even way before the internet, and violent culture is everywhere, so just censoring the internet won't do us any good, because psychopaths will be psychopaths.
My adversary then says, " First, if the Internet is censored, it keeps us from things we do not wish to see."
This is very opinionated, just because you don't like something, no one else does. People like different things, that is life.
Second, my opponent talks about cyber bullying. This is not the internet's fault, people bully people, so censoring the internet does no good.
I rest my case for round one and look forward to my opponent's response!
iamasoloact

Pro

Oh WOW! I think you win the debate I guess....
TheBajanConnection

Con

My opponent has forfeited, and i thank him for the debate. Good day sir!
iamasoloact

Pro

iamasoloact forfeited this round.
TheBajanConnection

Con

As for a tip for my adversary, lay your debate out in round one, and always always always know you're as educated on the topic as you need to be. Be grammatically correct with your statements, and be as through as possible. See some of my debates for ideas on how to lay it out. Goodbye!
iamasoloact

Pro

iamasoloact forfeited this round.
TheBajanConnection

Con

TheBajanConnection forfeited this round.