RossHill
Nathaniel2840

Be it resolved that gay marriage should be illegal in the United States of America

RossHill

Con

This will be the format of the debate:

1. Acceptance, and definitions provided by PRO
2. Opening arguments
3. Clash
4. Closing arguments/clash
Nathaniel2840

Pro

Agreed.

seeing how you did not post the definitions, I will post my own

Resolved: firmly decided to do something

Gay marriage: The legally recognized union between partners of the same sex.

Illegal: Contrary to or forbidden by law.

Now that we have defined the terms, I would like to make a point of clarity. This debate round should be limited to the United States, because the resolution states the "United States" only the "United States" and nothing but the "United States." We need to be looking at the US and decided based on what is ideal inside the country in determining this resolution. I will now go on and state my case that: Gay marriage should be legal in the United States of America. I will state my case in three contentions.

1. The US as we know it
When the United States was created, it was created on the foundation of freedom, equality, and justice. It was created on the basis that ANYONE can live in the US under ANY religion with ANY beliefs, and still be treated equally for it. In one sentence, the goal of the founding fathers was to set up a country that: Had absolute freedom, where no religion or belief would be chastised, and everyone would be treated equal. That is why the United Stats was created. The US is known as a melting pot, because so many DIFFERENT type of people are here and they can believe what they want. Why would we take away the freedom of the people to have their own beliefs? The government is stepping in and "chastising" people for believing something that they themselves don't believe. That is just wrong, and sad, that the country that was the free country is turning into a country where you can't believe what you want.

2. Unfair
Now I understand boundaries are important, but this is a very important choice for these people. This is someone that is going to spend the rest of their life. They better be sure. The last thing we need is for them not to be able to get married just because they are of the same sex. This is unfair.

3. Religion is irrelevant. What I mean by this is that the US accepts any religions, so, no, Christians do not allow this inside their religion, but that is no reason to make it illegal. The US still accepts any religions, so they shouldn't be judging on what the "Godly thing to do" is.

I have given three contentions, explaining that we are free. We can believe what we want. We can be Christians, we can be Atheists, we can be Agnostics, or any other religion. We, in America, will not be chastised for believing what we believe. This is what makes America so great. This is what makes America, America. this is who we are. And now we are taking away some of the right to believe what we want to believe. And sure, this may be only a small step, but these steps are going to add up, and soon we won't have much freedom at all.

Please don't hate me for arguing for gay marriage. I am a Christian, and I believe gay marriage is wrong. I don't want hate comments just because I am supporting gay marriage. Like I said, I don't like gay marriage, but we are in America and we are free. Thank you so much, and please vote with me that we should not illegalize gay marriage. thank you.
RossHill

Con

RossHill forfeited this round.
Nathaniel2840

Pro

he forfeited so I win
RossHill

Con

RossHill forfeited this round.
Nathaniel2840

Pro

Nathaniel2840 forfeited this round.
RossHill

Con

RossHill forfeited this round.
Nathaniel2840

Pro

Nathaniel2840 forfeited this round.
Posted by RossHill 3 years ago
RossHill
It's pretty standard to have an acceptance round here.. Anyhow, I'll cancel.
Posted by Nathaniel2840 3 years ago
Nathaniel2840
well I am sorry, but you can't rule what happens in the debate round. You can't tell me I "now have to post definitions" or something like that. I can choose what happens. I am very sorry. You can start another one tho.
Posted by Nathaniel2840 3 years ago
Nathaniel2840
got it lets just cancel the debate
Posted by RossHill 3 years ago
RossHill
Nathaniel2840, I wish you would have read the details of the debate for closely. You are PRO ILLEGALIZATION, I am CON. Furthermore, the first round was to be acceptance and definitions only. I don't know what's going to happen now.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
RossHillNathaniel2840Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Fail... and neither wins when both FFed that many rounds.