gorant
Theunkown

Be kind towards animals and give them freedom from killing and harassing

Theunkown

gorant

Pro

HE(Y)LLO HUMAN STOP EATING ANIMALS AND ENCOURAGING ANIMAL KILLERS**

If we are really humans we should not eat and kill the animals anymore and we should not encourage the people who are killing animals. If we feel that we have only right to live on this earth and not for animals! That is injustice and called stupidity. We have brain maturity, thinking power and tongue capability, but animals have nothing those and they are innocents, innocents, just innocents. They didn't do any mistake. But we are killing and harassing them very cruelly.

Some innocent people says that GOD made us to eat animals! But oh my brothers sisters, God ever told and ever written in any book to eat animals and harass them. Then why are we killing by telling god name. Did we ever heard or see that in any religion telling that eat animals? No. They ever told like that. If they tell then it is not called as a religion. GOD have kind heart. He never likes us if we kill those innocents. Everyone who eats animals will get punished in HELL surely. If we kill animals and go to the GOD and ask him to excuse! He will not do that. If he excuse it, he is not a GOD. God excuse’s only when it done really unknowingly. God should have been created us as animals then we will be knowing the pain of animals. We all should REMEMBER one thing that, on this earth everyone is equal in front of the GOD. And we do not have any right to kill others and eat anymore.

Do you all know one thing, I was eating animals up to three months back. One day morning I went to have breakfast outside then I saw goad is killing at the shop for meat purpose. It was killing very cruelly by that shopper. Then I realized and understand the pain of animals and important of their lives. I had an idea roaming in my brain to go and save that animal but that day that one goat I can save and what about remaining animals! Then I decided to not eat them and not let others also eat them. It changed me a lot. To be honest it made me as a real human from that time onwards. I am sure if you guys also see once killing animals lively then your mind will get changed surely. You guys will understand the importance of live.

Arising as a human is my luck and a gift by GOD. As a HUMAN my aim is to achieve animals rights and keep them alive & happy like humans. I am happy and don’t care about me if I lost my lives in the process of achieving rights for them. I didn't get excited. This is urgency.

We all should give up eating animals from now on immediately.

What all we have to do is to get the people aware on pain of killing animals and they have also same rights to live on this earth equally to us. Saving animals is not our extra work it’s our responsibility as human.

We all have to form as a group and struggle for animals together. Then only we can achieve it. There are many ways to do so. As my responsibility I am going to prepare an add against to eating animals and publish through media soon. I will sell my all properties and do this If required. I am sure that add will get the people eyes opened towards killing of animals and changes people mind from non-veg.

Media and government also should look into that and punish the eaters and killers of animals by creating laws for animals too as humans. And people who wants to work for animals are to publish your message through social sites or their own styles.

I am sure in a day or other everyone in this world will give up eating animals if we struggle a little more for animals in giving awareness to the people. It’s not possible with one person. It is possible with all hands in the world. There are many people who are changing their habits and converting into veg. I am taking care animals at my place from animal killers and making them aware on it. I have seen vegetarian people percentage was increasing gradually bit by bit daily.

And there are many people who are changed into veg but hesitating to tell it to others too not to eat animals. Never feel fear to get the things corrected. You should feel proud for saving and achieving independence to the animal. It’s your responsibility too.

I honestly appreciate the People who all are struggling for animals to keep them alive. Keep doing it don’t give up at any cost. We have to do a lot a head.

I like god but not more than the people of animal savers.

I’ll be thankful to god if he can change everyone get into the veg, but I am more thankful to the people who are already veg and struggling for animals to save them and for their rights. You people are real humans indeed. Great work keep it up. We all win soon.

Please FORGIVE me if I hurt anyone kindly. My intention is to save animals by changing humans mind from killing and living. Hope you all can understand my feeling. Thanks you so much for your patience towards this matter. Please bear with my English at specially. I am not much perfect like you all. Thanks...

Theunkown

Con

Ok, let me start by saying that I am a staunch atheist so I would prefer not to argue religion here if that is ok.

Quotes from Pro will be underlined and italicized.

we [humans] are killing and harassing them [other animals] very cruelly.

Big cats such as lions and tigers kill their prey by suffocation which is VERY cruel. The prey animal did not make a mistake there but it was still killed.

I am sure if you guys also see once killing animals lively then your mind will get changed surely.

I have seen the decapitation of a goat when I was 9 or 10 years old. I have not changed my mind about eating meat.

What all we have to do is to get the people aware on pain of killing animals and they have also same rights to live on this earth equally to us.

Well, t
hen what do humans eat instead? Plants seem like a reasonable alternative, until you consider the fact PLANTS FEEL PAIN AS WELL.[1] Harvesting plants using machines especially must be cruciatingly painful for a plant.
We cannot prioritize animals over plants, that is a double standard since both feel pain.

Media and government also should look into that and punish the eaters and killers of animals by creating laws for animals too as humans.

*sigh* Do we really need to imprison lions and other carnivores there as well? I can just imagine that zebra in court with a lawyer and everything accusing a pride..GANG of lions for attempted murder.
How about this scenario
Oh no! that guy killed a mouse, he is sentenced to 20 years in prison.... In 20 years a person can acheive a lot. This will be a SEVERE drain on manpower and not good for the human race in any way.

We have placed enough and more laws to protect endangered species. That makes sense because bio diversity is a good thing and hence we cannot allow too many species to go extinct. But we cannot be making laws to protect goats and donkeys and what next? fleas?

Of course Humans consider themselves more important than other species. If we did not do that WE WOULD NOT HAVE SURVIVED. Any species which does not put themselves before every other speices is inevitably doomed to exinction. Now this is not an argument of 'the end justifies the means' however it is to show that it is only natural for humans to put themselves first and is nothing to be ashamed about.

[1]http://www.uncoveror.com...;
gorant

Pro

gorant forfeited this round.
Theunkown

Con

I extend previous arguments.
gorant

Pro

Hi,

we [humans] are killing and ..............Very cruelly

ions and tigers specially) and humans are not different, we all are same. We should not get punished since lions and tigers are not getting punished. You compared yourself with animals. Compare yourself if you feel so. But don't compare us with them since we have mind maturity than animals. That's the reason we called as a human and they called as animals. If we also do the same thing like them. Then we'll introduce ourselves as animals. Till the time hold that sentence.

I am sure if you guys also see........................Get changed surely.

I can say that this can be a new scenario to the world to write in books for next generation to explain about our present generation people in future. Thanks for your example.

what all we have to do ........................This earth equally to us.

of course, our support will be there for the people who is struggling towards plants rights too. It is may be possible may not in our generation. But I am sure in future people will also consider the pain of plants equally to animals. I am ready to eat only fruits instead of plants and animals. Then do you change your mind towards animals???

Media and governments...................Too as humans.

I am feeling there is a great different between animals and humans as I already told you in my first paragraph. I am still believing me as a human only not an animal brother. I'll let you know if I become an animal. Till then you also feel as human like us. Because we all are humans as per God and Govt Law.

Thank you very much for your debate. Please forgive me kindly if you feel that I hurt you. As I told you earlier my intention is to convey my feeling towards animals and not to hurt you guys. Sorry once again brother :)
feel free to debate to find out exactly what is true. this can be helpful to you and me. because you and me intention is to know that who is correct. :)

Theunkown

Con

Pro's rebuttal focuses on the point that humans are very different from other animals. But humans are animals (even Pro agrees to this). Anyway that is not even my main point.

My point is that if we do not raise livestock and kill them, what will we do with them? We will obviously release them into the wild. What will happen then? It is very likely that they will be killed by carnivores especially since animals like cows, chickens, sheep etc have been selectively bred to be fat (and hence slow, easy to kill). So the result is the same whether we kill them or we release them into the wild doomed to inevitable slaughter and a life of fear.

Uhh, how is this helping your case? I proved in round 1 with an anecdote that witnessing the killing of an animal does not necessarily cause people to become vegans. It depends on the person.

our support will be there for the people who is struggling towards plants rights too... I am ready to eat only fruits instead of plants and animals

1. a diet of only fruits will render you defecient of many nutrients. You will need a balanced diet
2. Fruits. come. from. plants.
3. Grabbing fruits of a plant is the equivalent of getting a finger chopped off (plants feel pain).
So on my opponent's premise, it is ok to eat fruits of a plant, so it should also be ok to chop of a toe of a chicken and eat it. But looking at pro's stance, it seems that the toe of the chicken will not be ok.
4. Yeah, try a diet of 100% fruit for a week. Seriously, try it *it won't last 3 full days*

The bottom line is, living things eat other living things to survive (with the exception of most plants) we cannot change that. Unless humans learn how to do photosynthesis, we will need to harm other living beings to get our food. It would be a double standard to stop eating animals on the basis of them feeling pain but continue to eat plants. Hence there should be no restriction on the killing of animal for the consumption of meat.

In fact let me say one more thing, FOOD CHAIN.
We NEED meat eaters in the food chain, and with the diminishing populations of tigers, lions, etc. we will need to eat animals to maintain ecological balance.

There is no more wrong in being meat eaters, than plant eaters. We all do our part in the food chain.

Since Pro argues on the basis of his 'god', let me remind him that according to his beleifs, 'god' has given humans cannine teeth. The teeth are there for a reason, to eat animals. If you, dear reader are an atheist like me then remove 'god', insert 'natural selection'. The canines allowed us to survive which is why we still have them.

Pro's arguments in this entire debate are based on the premise that non human animals feel pain when being killed and they have a right to live on this earth.
Since it is obvious that the only alternative food source is plants and that plants also feel pain, Pro's arguments are mortally wounded.

In round 1 Pro said We have brain maturity, thinking power and tongue capability, but animals have nothing those and they are innocents, innocents, just innocents.

First of all: grammar points must be taken from Pro (have nothing those and they are innocents)
Second of all: By Pro's logic, having intelligence means you are less innocent. I suppose killing an earthworm is worse than killing a dolphin.
Sticking to that point, Trees have even less brain maturity, thinking power and tongue capability even when compared to non human animals. So harming them must be much worse than harming animals. Yet, Pro probably eats plants, or parts of plants every single day.

Unless Pro suggests our species should hunger to extinction.
Until we develop photosynthesis we cannot help but kill other living things to survive (survival of the fittest, and we are the fittest due to our intelligence).

Pro forfeited one round, has faulty premises and I successfully rebutted his points.
Hence, vote for Con.
Posted by T_parkour 2 years ago
T_parkour
@Agnostic_Meatatarian: Here's where I got those numbers.

http://www.slate.com...
Posted by Theunkown 2 years ago
Theunkown
why did you put on the comments?
Posted by gorant 2 years ago
gorant
Hi,

Wht all i undrstd is animals[ions and tigers specially) and humans are not different, we all are same. We should not get punished since lions and tigers are not getting punished. You compared yourself with animals. Compare yourself if you feel so. But don't compare us with them since we have mind maturity than animals. That's the reason we called as a human and they called as animals. If we also do the same thing like them. Then we'll introduce ourselves as animals. Till the time hold that sentence.

feel free to debate to find out exactly what is true. this can be helpful to you and me. because you and me intention is to know that who is correct.
Posted by Theunkown 2 years ago
Theunkown
Thanks firelife :D
Posted by Firelife 2 years ago
Firelife
Wow Con did good job
Posted by Theunkown 2 years ago
Theunkown
I mean the GDP thing makes sense, after all we eat food everyday. And a lot of us eat meat, no wonder the GDP is that high.
Posted by Agnostic_Meatatarian 2 years ago
Agnostic_Meatatarian
Hey I was wondering where you got your info on the GDP and the people in the meat industry, please if you could share with me where you got all your info that would be great. :)
Posted by T_parkour 2 years ago
T_parkour
Genesis 1:26-28 (emphasis added)
Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and LET THEM RULE over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, OVER ALL THE EARTH, and OVER ALL THE CREATURES that move along the ground." So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. And God blessed them, and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth and subdue it; and HAVE DOMINION over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the air and OVER EVERY LIVING THING that moves upon the earth."

I don't in any way agree with or support animal cruelty. I do support killing animals for food though. Humans have canine teeth; meat is a natural part of our diet. Besides, the livestock industry makes up 1.4% of the world's GDP and provides jobs for 1.3 billion people. Cutting it off could be catastrophic.
Vote Placed by leonitus2464 2 years ago
leonitus2464
gorantTheunkownTied
Reasons for voting decision: most of what pro says isnt very convincing and pro offers no sources. pro also never meets the BOP.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
gorantTheunkownTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff