thisisme
chickenquiff

Beauty Pageants should be banned

chickenquiff

thisisme

Pro

Beauty is something natural not something that is artificial, which is made with make-up and various other equipments. How would there be a contest for something that is not even real? It is just completely ridiculous. It has many disadvantages such as health, leading to bullying, teenagers thinking they're ugly therefore finding ways such as suicide or starving themselves, leading to even anorexia nervosa or bulimia.
chickenquiff

Con

I am to debate on a subject that has 3 rounds and a maximum of 500 words!
My opponent has the wrong stance as "pro" when it should be "con" as my opponent is against Beauty Pageants.
Over these very SHORT, 500 words and 3 round debates, I will debate:
1) Why Beauty Pageants should not be banned 2) Type of pageants of the positives that follow
3)Why bullying, health issues, anorexia, suicide or bulimia is not directly linked to Beauty Pageants
Good luck to my opponent, sorry... no words left :)
thisisme

Pro

I would like to state that I am the "pro" because the topic is beauty pageants should be banned and i am "pro"this topic:)
A girl watching a beauty pageant and seeing that she does not fulfill the requirements to be one would have a low self-esteem. Beauty pageants today have a big impact on young teens which think that they be like "the so called beautiful girls" which have no reality in their looks reflecting an image which is completely false.
Isn't their anymore valid things than beauty?:)
chickenquiff

Con

Of course its about beauty but its about intelligence, public speaking, self confidence, physical fitness and many pageant winners do a lot of community work and conduct numerous speaking engagements. Many girls will see the contestants as positive role models which gives people the inspiration to succeed. The media are the fault of why women want to look certain way. Most women have the desire to look a certain way, even without pageants. My opponent fails to see the bigger picture. Vote Con
thisisme

Pro

Many girls do see the contestants as role models. However seeing an adversary as an epitome giving the inspiration to succeed isn't the right way, because beauty fades. Having a career under beauty would take you far, but at an age will fail. This is simply using women as objects and debasing them. These contests promote the way women should be rated and change the idea of women to an object which I, myself as a woman wouldn't want . Unfortunately Con being a man can't conceive what it is like.

chickenquiff

Con

Pageants are not using women as objects nor are they exploiting women. The contests promote the individual inner and outer beauty.
Why would anyone think that gaining inspiration to succeed is a negative thing?
If the individual promoted her life from that, whoever the inspiration was gained from, that's a positive.
Women have free choice, they have the choice to be there.
Simply banning something because the minority think its wrong is daft.
We live in a democracy, we have choice.

Vote Con
Posted by Gulsum 5 years ago
Gulsum
Its very funny that you do not understand that me and 'thisisme' are sisters not Rebecca, Rebecca was only a person I met on this site. Yes, me and 'thisisme' share the computer which is pretty normal as we are sisters? Thank you for the luck. I wish you luck too.
Posted by chickenquiff 5 years ago
chickenquiff
"This is me" wrote

"Last of all i don't know who Rebecca is and when i just looked at her profile i realized that she is from NSW which is about 1 hour away with plane. ;)"

But then your admission, you imply that you live in the same house and use the same computer?

This is very strange, you have contridicted yourself.

You have also made an debate..... with yourself!... thats messed up.

Good luck with that... I hope you win
Posted by Gulsum 5 years ago
Gulsum
Can't it be because we live in the same house and use the same computer?
Posted by chickenquiff 5 years ago
chickenquiff
If you don't care what I think, why do you feel the need to justify yourself?

I still remain that you are a multi account... even this morning, all 3 of you logged on within the same hour..... strange
Posted by Gulsum 5 years ago
Gulsum
By the way this me Gulsum and my sister has told me to write this.
Posted by Gulsum 5 years ago
Gulsum
I don't really care what you think. I am not controlling 3 accounts at the same time and i can assure you that i am telling the truth. However if you think like this, I can't say anything .I wish i could have proven this but like you can see there isn't any way I can. I respect your ideas until the end, and believe that I have learned a lot because I actually have a debate on this topic between other schools in a short time. Thank you.
Posted by chickenquiff 5 years ago
chickenquiff
If you look at my profile you would see that I am pretty new aswell. Why are you saying that I should be more considerate? I'm not being inconsiderate by any means, which is what you are implying. The fact that you are 14 should not have anything to do with it, I'm just saying that there is 2 other similar accounts to yours which are from the same area and state the same age. Anyone would agree that this looks slightly suspicious.
I'm sure no-one on this site is age discriminative but whatever your age, you should act like an adult while on this site. So if you are debating with adults then be expected to be treated like an adult.

You have conducted yourself very well but your behavior but the recent event is somewhat suspicious.
All votes should be unbiased and I sensed there was going to be some foul play.
If I am wrong about the situation then I apologise. However, If I am right, then please just be mindful of others wanting to use this site as a platform to debate, which the votes are not biased.

Regards
Posted by thisisme 5 years ago
thisisme
Firstly Gulsum is my sister yes after I made an accountshe made one and it isn't the same person. Secondly i just wrote my opening statement and will like to say that this my first time doing debating so I believe that you should be more considerate. On the other hand I am ONLY fourteen. Last of all i don't know who Rebecca is and when i just looked at her profile i realized that she is from NSW which is about 1 hour away with plane. ;)
Posted by chickenquiff 5 years ago
chickenquiff
All the same age and living in the same area???

hmmmmm Strange
Posted by chickenquiff 5 years ago
chickenquiff
All the same age and iving in the same area???

hmmmmm Strange
Vote Placed by Cliff.Stamp 5 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
thisismechickenquiffTied
Reasons for voting decision: Weak effort by Pro, however Con confused the resolution and stances in his OP, at least Pro was arguing on the correct path 2:1 for Pro.
Vote Placed by ilovedebate 5 years ago
ilovedebate
thisismechickenquiffTied
Reasons for voting decision: asdf
Vote Placed by Lionheart 5 years ago
Lionheart
thisismechickenquiffTied
Reasons for voting decision: Beauty Pageants give girls an idea of what a high quality woman is. They should strive for what the woman in the pageants are representing. The pageant woman are representing the best they can be. Little girls shouldn't be sitting around thinking it is ok to get fat, lazy, and out of shape. It is not. Little girls should be striving for what these woman represent. Girls just use unhealthy methods of trying to get in shape. That is no fault of the Beauty pageants. It is the girl's own weakness.