raifal
frozen_eclipse

Beauty

frozen_eclipse

raifal

Con

I think there is no such thing as 'beauty'.
frozen_eclipse

Pro

Hello, I would like to thank the instigator for creating this topic and I look forward to a very intriguing intellectual debate. ( Note to all. Please acknowledge that all of the instigators and contenders claims are theories unless the debater can convince the audience otherwise.)

Structure of this debate

1-Acceptance/(introduction)
2-Positions
3-Rebuttals
4-Further rebuttals
5-Summary/Final rebuttal/Conclusive statement

Definitions-

Beauty-
  1. Pleasing and impressive qualities of something: the combination of qualities that make something pleasing and impressive to look at, listen to, touch, smell, or taste.
  2. Pleasing personal appearance: personal physical attractiveness, especially with regard to the use of cosmetics and other methods of enhancing it.

Introduction

Beauty is abundantly existent. As we are well aware their exists many beautiful things in this world. Though ones perception of beauty is subjective atleast one thing in life is beautiful that we perceive. I find water and fire to be beautiful.( This supports the definition of beauty in witch something is pleasing or impressing according to the senses. In this case the sense used is sight and hearing Witch is accordingly synonymous the the resolutions key word definition. Water is beautiful because its clarity, the calming splashing noise it makes, and the simple complexity of it.( referring to something that exists that is seemingly basic or simple but has many complex forms or functions) is something I find to have pleasing and impressing qualities witch reflects the definition of beauty and thus proves beauty exists And in this chain of logic supports affirmation in this resolution for a pro vote.

Water is the umbilical cord of life that is never detached, water sustains life. At the same time it is the most destructive forces in the world. It is beautiful that something so simple can become a unstoppable force. It is beautiful that water is reflective and has a very high surface tension and that if placed right a paper clip will float on it and make it look like a solid surface. Waters simple complexity is stunningly beautiful.

Fire is also beautiful. I am a fire dancer and I embrace the beauty of it. It is beautiful to see and hear fire roaring as its spinning in my hands especially when I turn the fire colors green o blue or both. This display is truly beautiful. So what is it that makes matter exist as beautiful? What drives humans to believe something is beautiful? Can a beautiful person or thing be considered ugly by another person? does the instigator(pro) present reasonable valid logic or known commonly accepted facts witch relate to the theory/claim, beauty is non existent? Is pros position reasonable When it seems impossible to not recognize atleast one beautiful thing is in fact beautiful in the world and or life? These questions will be addressed when I post my theories witch will evolve into facts next round.

raifal

Con

If water and fire are beautifull things, then what are ugly things? can you give any examples? also reasons.
frozen_eclipse

Pro

In response to my opponent, Ugly things are based in perception. Though some things are usually considered ugly.Example being loody diarhea. If anyone thinks that is beautifll then they need a psychiatrist.

What is it that makes matter beautfull?

If something stimulates pleasure or appreciation in accordance with the five senses then it is considered to be beautifull.

Can a beautifull thins be considered ugly by another?

yes, beauty is based on perception. I think the color green is beautifull while others may see it as disgusting.

As we can see beauty exists. My opponent has not proven his case effectively enough for a con vote. Since i the pro has succesfully done so i belive a provote is logical
raifal

Con

you thinks that the colour green is beautifull and some others not. the thing beauty to you is not beauty to any other,
and also the thing ugly to you is beauty to any other. that doesn't mean that that purticular thing is beauty or ugly.
its only a feeling in mind or beyond on an individual. That is what you feel when you doing fire dance. if you oberve deeply you can find it, when you dance. there is only a state of feeling. no beauty or ugly. Thank you
.
frozen_eclipse

Pro

It seems my opponents logic proposes that there is no such thing as beauty but only feeling. This is not true. Beauty is defined as such;

Beauty-

As we can clearly see feeling witch the stem word is feel stems from the sense of touch witch is not the only emotion that is involved in deeming something as beautiful. There are multiple emotions involved. Witch means beauty is not only a feeling as my opponent is suggesting in this debate.

My opponent earlier made this point, "you thinks that the colour green is beautiful and some others not. the thing beauty to you is not beauty to any other,"

As I have stated earlier everyone doesnt find the same things beautiful. Though ones view on beauty is subjective beauty still exists witch is a valid reason to affirm this resolution.

Besides this defeated point con has failed to make any standing points up until this round. Unless my opponent can prove majority of society doesnt find some thing in life beautiful or that a person never feels beautiful at some point in life then I see no way beauty can not exist. As e see throughout this debate beauty is proven to exist.

raifal

Con

dear friend you did not yet realised what i said. you just trying to defeat me. you are trying to prove that, i am saying 'there is only ugly and no beauty'. that is not true. for example, you said "fire is beautiful". also another person namely George says "fire is beautiful". but the feeling you recived when you see fire, will not be equal to George's feelig.
But both says that "fire is beautiful".
then your definition:-
"Pleasing and impressive qualities of something [here 'fire']: the combination of qualities that make something pleasing and impressive to look at" will not same in all people. If it is same how you both can compare your feelings?
If both are not equal, then how both of you call your feeligs by same word.
My argument also have a hidden meaning that "I think there is no such thing as 'ugly'. ugly exists only when there is beauty.
frozen_eclipse

Pro

It seems that my opponent is now trying to straw man my posisition by this statement he made.

"you are trying to prove that, I am saying 'there is only ugly and no beauty."

This is definitely not my posisition because the claim itself isnt logical. The fact that con is even using those words is a contributing factor witch proves there is in existence such a thing as beauty and ugliness. Evidence of this straw man is from the position that was actually strawmanned. Witch I quote.

"It seems my opponents logic proposes that there is no such thing as beauty but only feeling. This is not true. Beauty is defined as such."

Now moving on my opponent also said this,

" but the feeling you received when you see fire, will not be equal to George's feeling."

As I stated at the beggining of this debate ones perception of beauty is subjective. But, just because beauty is subjective that doesnt give ground for the claim witch you are making that beauty is non-existent. Beauty exists but in different ways to different people.

I don't really understand the rest of cons post due to spelling errors.
raifal

Con

raifal forfeited this round.
frozen_eclipse

Pro

Seeing as my opponent forfeited all my points stand firm.
Vote Placed by Travniki 4 years ago
Travniki
raifalfrozen_eclipseTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pros analysis was much deeper, no contest
Vote Placed by Multi_Pyrocytophage 4 years ago
Multi_Pyrocytophage
raifalfrozen_eclipseTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro had much better arguments, and Con forfeited a round also. Point to Con for the lulz.
Vote Placed by FlameofPrometheus 4 years ago
FlameofPrometheus
raifalfrozen_eclipseTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro provided the best arguement and con really didnt refute anything. The pro also had a much better grasp of his side.