hannahmyers42
Ozzyhead

Befriending

hannahmyers42

Pro

Have you ever befriended someone simply because he or she looked like he needed a friend?
I do think that most people should befriend people that look like they are in need of a friend. A lot of people like that can save someone"s life, by befriending them. People that are really nerdy, sad, depressed, ugly, fat, or really shy could have a hard time getting friends. This could lead to them commit suicide or hurt the people who hurt them. Who knows maybe the person that you befriend might turn out to be your best friend in the future. I know it was hard for me to gain friends, due to my shyness and me moving all the time. Once I found some friends I never was mean to anyone and became their friends.
Ozzyhead

Con

Being nice does not mean you have befriended somebody. Imagine, going on vacation, and say this is not the modern digital age where you can exchange cell phone numbers, but imagine going on vacation with your family, and you're depressed. You go to the hotel pool, and you meet someone there. You play games in the pool, and you see each other in the lobby. Don't worry about their gender/sexual orientation. You are acting friendly. That other person, whom lives in a different state, is not your friend when you leave, however, you were made happier, and at least temporarily, you are saved without having a friend. By the way, I disagree with my opponent's words to describe certain people who have difficulty making friends. "nerdy, sad, depressed, ugly, fat, or really shy" are pretty harsh words, and they do not all fit friendless people's description. Yeah, having friends is important, but making an agenda to be friends with people who look like they need one seems more like a chore. You should always want to be a friend, and never feel like it's a chore.
hannahmyers42

Pro

hannahmyers42 forfeited this round.
Ozzyhead

Con

Next round
hannahmyers42

Pro

hannahmyers42 forfeited this round.
Ozzyhead

Con

Too much time wasted
Posted by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
this would be nearly impossible for con to win.