danny
Logical-Master

Being Able To Move Super Fast Is Better Than Being Able To Stop Time

Logical-Master

danny

Pro

I am pro for this argument as i believe that being able to move super fast is better than being able to stop time and i will post my argument in round two as my opponent hopefully does also
Logical-Master

Con

Greetings to my opponent and many thanks for starting this debate. Let us begin.

Whereas my opponent is of the belief that being able to move super fast is better than being able to stop time, I must say that being able to move super fast is at best either equal or inferior to being able to stop time.

CONTENTION #1: Being "super fast" can apply to just about any speed. It's a pity PRO set this debate up to be a a two sentence trap debate as I have no clue what he means by "super fast." Thus, I'm afraid I must point out that being super fast is within the eye of the beholder and that one could very well consider an average member of a track team as being "super fast." On the other hand, being able to stop time has no varying limits due to lack of subjectivity.

CONTENTION #2: If I were able to stop time, I could rule the planet quite easily as:

#1. No one would be ever be a threat to me since everyone else is limited to time. Seriously, if the army decided to drop an atomic bomb on my vicinity, I could just stop time and get out of the area quite easily whereas someone who was super fast would most likely fail, depending on how super fast they were.

#2. I could blackmail the entire planet (such as claim that I'll stop time and have atomic bombs [which I can easily have access to if I take advantage of my ability], threaten to reveal embarrassing secrets about world leads [which I can easily learn if I make use of my ability to stop time], or simply claim that time will never progress unless I am given outrageous ransom fees.

CONTENTION #3: If I ever encountered someone who was "super fast", no matter how super fast they were, they wouldn't be able to overcome time being paused, in which case I could dispatch them at my leisure.

Now I suspect that my opponent has some pretty sneaky underhanded intentions in having created this debate in the way he did and I am positively certain of the specific argument he intends to use. Nonetheless, he is more than free to try and use it as I am well prepared for it.
danny

Pro

danny forfeited this round.
Logical-Master

Con

He forfeits . . . ergo he drops . . . ergo extend. Essentially, it's his lack of a case vs my case which has been presented in detail. In other words, VOTE CON without hesitation. :D
Posted by Logical-Master 7 years ago
Logical-Master
"Living beings are affected by time, that's pretty basic."

There are no known living beings who have the ability to stop time, which is also pretty basic. The ability to stop time could very well only be possible for one who can or does exist outside of time.

"The resolution says better, not more powerful. I would certainly value a speed enhancement more than the power to commit suicide :)."

More powerful = Better. Besides, I could just argue from a nihilistic standpoint and turn the debate in whether or not time is worth continuing.
Posted by Ragnar_Rahl 7 years ago
Ragnar_Rahl
"That assumes the person stopping time is effected by his/her own ability. "
Living beings are affected by time, that's pretty basic.

Now if it was the power to move at unlimited speed such that it appeared to his perceptions that time stops, that's a different story.

"Not to mention that PRO didn't define the resolution. ;)
"
Or argue it, lol.

"
Regardless, it is more powerful than having super speed, given what you've claimed alone.
"
The resolution says better, not more powerful. I would certainly value a speed enhancement more than the power to commit suicide :).
Posted by Logical-Master 7 years ago
Logical-Master
That assumes the person stopping time is effected by his/her own ability. Usually, when the power to stop time is reference, this idea is taken into consideration (for various super heroes, that guy from the show Heroes, as well as various films). Not to mention that PRO didn't define the resolution. ;)

Posted by Ragnar_Rahl 7 years ago
Ragnar_Rahl
no means to START it again, sorry.
Posted by Ragnar_Rahl 7 years ago
Ragnar_Rahl
This really should've been easy pwnage. Obviously, stopping time stops the person with the powers too. And he has no means to do it again. Which sucks. It's a suicide power.
Posted by Maikuru 7 years ago
Maikuru
Maybe we should do this debate the right way, MTG. Time control has always been my favorite super power =D
Posted by Logical-Master 7 years ago
Logical-Master
Such as?
Posted by MTGandP 7 years ago
MTGandP
Darn. There were some good PRO arguments.
Posted by NickyB 7 years ago
NickyB
I knew con's argument before I even opened the debate. XD
Posted by Me100 7 years ago
Me100
lol.. funny stuff
Vote Placed by Tatarize 7 years ago
Tatarize
dannyLogical-MasterTied
Vote Placed by Maikuru 7 years ago
Maikuru
dannyLogical-MasterTied
Vote Placed by Logical-Master 7 years ago
Logical-Master
dannyLogical-MasterTied