Being Christian is better than being Atheist
Debate Rounds (3)
1. If you die and are Atheist and it turns out that Jesus Christ and Yahweh(God) are real, you are going to you-know-where.
2. If you die and are Christian, your family will be able to believe you are in a better place.
3. If you want to see your Christian relatives when you die and are Atheist, expect to be disappointed.
That is all.
To start things off, I would like to state that I am a Christian.
Just because you don't believe something, doesn't mean you can go around dissing it. If someone were to argue that all Christians are just going to end up in hell, I can guarantee you that we would both be angry. On this Earth we aren't meant to say "Hey Atheists, you are a terrible person" I mean yeah some of them can be real jerks, but so can anyone else. God put us on this Earth to "correct" those who are willing to be "corrected", but if someone just doesn't believe, whether it be the language or how they grew up, we can't go around call them names. Jesus didn't come to Earth to call people names, he came to Earth to teach. Nobody on this Earth is better than anyone else. I can guarantee you that there are some people who say that they are Christian, but then go out and bully other people. Do you remember the story of Judah,? He was Christian, but he turned Jesus in for money. Saying that Christians are better than Atheists is like saying the iPhone 5 is better than the iPhone 4. Yes the iPhone 5 has some better features, but that doesn't mean that iPhone 4's should be seen as "terrible" and "worse". As long as they both call and text (and maybe play a few games/apps) they are still doing their job.
1. I never said Atheists are worse than Christians. For example: Mahatma Gandhi. He was a great man, even if he wasn't Christian. I know he isn't Atheist, but he was still not Christian.
2. I know some Atheists are good people. But this debate is about how we(Christians) have the better afterlife, not how we have a better life(Which some of us have pretty horrible lives).
That is all.
Alex_Stowe forfeited this round.
Williamson forfeited this round.
I realize your point of view could be true, but you do realize that we aren't controllers of Gods actions so we don't know how God judges the afterlife, we are given some ideas, but never his full process.
1 votes has been placed for this debate.
Vote Placed by logicinlife 1 year ago
|Agreed with before the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Agreed with after the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Who had better conduct:||-||-||1 point|
|Had better spelling and grammar:||-||-||1 point|
|Made more convincing arguments:||-||-||3 points|
|Used the most reliable sources:||-||-||2 points|
|Total points awarded:||0||0|
Reasons for voting decision: So... this debate was uneventful.
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.