Kill3rkitty45
RobertSine

Being born good or evil

Kill3rkitty45

Con

In this debate we are talking about weather people are born good or bad and first i will be telling you what i think each of those mean.

Good: I think that being good is almost non-existent at all, and strictly just what the person thinks society think is "o,k.". Being "good" almost always has a self-beneficial end goal, and people usually are thinking of them selves in the end.

Bad: Bad, i think is just human nature, being bad is all we know as humans until taught otherwise by society. We are bad at heart and deep down truly we cannot change that. Being bad is the exact opposite of being good, that it is doing what most of society would frown upon.

Now i think that people are born evil. I think this, because there is evidence every where. You can take small children for example, you tell them one thing and do the opposite, until you tell them that it's not ok to do that. that is because we as humans only want what will benefit us the most weather it's good or bad. I think that people only act good is because the don't want to be judged by society, because if there were no judgement what so ever there would be anarchy. There would be an increase in crime, and that's because it would benefit us. We as humans are naturally selfish, and the only reason we change is because society says "NO", and there's even evidence in the bible in the book of Genesis stating that Adam and Eve were given one rule and purposefully disorder.

That's my argument now let me hear yours!
RobertSine

Pro

I thank CON for this interesting debate topic and look forward to a productive debate!

As I'm currently frantically trying to get The Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins and The Moral Animal by Robert Wright re-read to refresh my memory on the concepts that will be integral to my case in this debate and also trying to simultaneously build a case for another debate that I've accepted, I'm afraid I'll have to restrict this round to just acceptance. Apologies for any inconvenience.
Kill3rkitty45

Con

Kill3rkitty45 forfeited this round.
RobertSine

Pro

RobertSine forfeited this round.
Kill3rkitty45

Con

Kill3rkitty45 forfeited this round.
RobertSine

Pro

RobertSine forfeited this round.