SGM_iz_SekC
toughenough

"Being drunk" is not a valid reason to not be able to give consent to sex.

SGM_iz_SekC

SGM_iz_SekC

Pro

1st round is for acceptance only. AND LET ME CLEAR UP THE RESOLUTION.

The resolution means, Being drunk (not blackout drunk, and no date-rape drugs were used) is not a valid reason to accuse the person you had sex with of rape. (this is completely gender-neutral) IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, WANT TO CLEAR SOMETHING UP, OR ARE CONFUSED ON SOMETHING, FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AND I WILL REPLY AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE!
toughenough

Con

I never was a fan of one-night stands and never plan on being one.

I assume this applies to a situation where one of the partners is far mroe drunk than the other.

SGM_iz_SekC

Pro

I will start off with simple arguments. and first off. No one was drugged or liquored up against their will.

If a woman goes out to a bar, has a bit too much to drink (of her own free will), and decides to go back to Random Guy's place and have sex with him (also consensual at the time), should she be allowed to say she was raped after sobering up the next day? Women should take responsibility for how much they drink. If you (general) get wasted and rob a store or crash your car the "I was so drunk that I didn't know what was happening" excuse is not going to help you. So, why should that be a valid excuse when accusing someone of rape? It isn't fair.

a.) No one is being forced.
If both consent then, no one is forced into sex. There is no reason that being drunk means they cannot consent. As long as they aren't blackout drunk, then they can consent.

b.) We prosecute drunk drivers, drunk murderers, and drunk assailants, because being drunk isn't an excuse for not making the right choice, so why can being drunk mean someone can't make the choice to consent?
It would set a dangerous precedent and give unscrupulous women a way to manipulate laws that exists to protect actual rape victims and punish actual rapists. What if she decided you weren't any good, or you didn't return her call the next day, so she decides to pull the rape card? Where does it end? It's a giant slap in the face to anyone who has actually been raped, and didn't simply let their bad decisions snowball during a night of binge drinking.
toughenough

Con

toughenough forfeited this round.
SGM_iz_SekC

Pro

I extend my arguments. I would like to say that my opponent should lose points for conduct, because of their forfeit.
toughenough

Con

toughenough forfeited this round.
SGM_iz_SekC

Pro

My opponent forfeited another round.
toughenough

Con

toughenough forfeited this round.
SGM_iz_SekC

Pro

My opponent cancelled their account.
toughenough

Con

toughenough forfeited this round.
Posted by Domr 2 years ago
Domr
Well what do we constitute as black out drunk?

If a woman were over (for example) a 0.15 BAC in her blood, would she be "blackout" and then be allowed to prosecute for rape?

That type of guideline can get very tricky, and would also require the 'victim' to get her blood tested in time (in her inebriated state) to get tested.

It would be impossible to enforce.

I do agree, if you choose to get drunk, and make a poor decision you should have to live with the consequences.

But if you are pushed into that decision because your altered state of mind, that becomes similar to using drugs. Both parties would have to be in the same state of mind for this scenario to work. (which is nearly impossible to prove because on average a 300lb defensive lineman (high metabolic rate) vs a 120lb sorority girl (low metabolic rate) process the same 0.15BAC differently. Meaning she could be much drunker than he is, yet still persuaded to have sex.

It is certainly a good argument, and I wish we could have seen both sides.
Posted by SGM_iz_SekC 2 years ago
SGM_iz_SekC
@1814Username can we be friends
Posted by 1814Username 2 years ago
1814Username
Women never take responsibility for anything in America. We have all seen the drunk girls at parties that purposely get drunk so they can have an excuse for screwing. It is amazing how the rise in date rapes on college campuses correlates with the rise in women drinking like fish. But in America, women are not accountable for anything they do. It is always someone else's fault.
Posted by Osiris_Rosenthorne 2 years ago
Osiris_Rosenthorne
Come now, we all know women have no responsibilities.
Posted by Preston 2 years ago
Preston
he canceled his account
Posted by SGM_iz_SekC 2 years ago
SGM_iz_SekC
/)_- I said to post anything you were not sure of in the comments, so I could clear it up...
Vote Placed by Phoenix61397 2 years ago
Phoenix61397
SGM_iz_SekCtoughenoughTied
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
SGM_iz_SekCtoughenoughTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture.