Gubernaculum
nburch

Being fat is better than being skinny.

Started: 1/13/2014 Category: Funny

Gubernaculum

Pro

The Body Mass Index is generally used to determine whether a person is underweight, normal, overweight, or obese. In a study published by the American Board of Family Medicine, persons classified as "underweight" exhibited a risk of death 2 times GREATER than similar persons in the obese category and even more so when compared to persons in the "overweight" category. Additionally, tested persons of the overweight category were shown to be no more likely to die than persons of the "normal" category.
Another advantage is the market assisted by overweight people. While I do not tend to eat out more than once every couple weeks, a strong correlation has been found in people who eat out often and being overweight. It is precisely this phenomenon that is so advantageous. Overweight people generally tend to eat out more than underweight people, providing a piece of the 160 billion dollar industry and creating tax revenue for states and the federal government. Let it also be considered that the vegetable oils used in the preparation of fast food can be then converted into biodiesel to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and dependance on foreign oil.

FATTIES FOR THE WIN

http://www.theregister.co.uk...
http://www.news-medical.net...
http://www.franchisehelp.com...
nburch

Con

I mean like seriously who wants to be fat? If somebody is overweight or obese they get made fun of! Nobody wants to be fat! If you are fat you cannot be involved in sports as much because you can't move very easily! When you are fat you have less advantages to life! You cannot do as much stuff! And skinnier people have better health! And fatter people don't because they probably sit on the couch all day eating potato chips! And I don't know anybody who wants to be fat! If you are fat you must have some kind of problem! Being fat has no good advantages at all!

SO BE SKINNY!!!!
Gubernaculum

Pro

Gubernaculum forfeited this round.
nburch

Con

nburch forfeited this round.
Posted by RMtheNerd 1 year ago
RMtheNerd
I have a similar question to Gold's. What do you mean skinny? Skinny as in underweight or skinny as in not overweight?
Posted by Gubernaculum 3 years ago
Gubernaculum
I don't know what you guys are talking about. I weigh 235 pounds and yet I have no problem playing a game of football with my friends or walking a corn field during pheasant season. Half the guys hunt with have large pot bellies and yet they seem to have no reservations or limitations on what they want to do. Also, I have NEVER been bullied because of my weight mostly because I make fun of my weight more than others do.let us also consider that weight is a considerable advantage in a fight and fat provides buoyancy and insulation.
Posted by nburch 3 years ago
nburch
Thank you live_laugh_love!!
I <3 YOU!!
Posted by live_laugh_love 3 years ago
live_laugh_love
burch is totes right being fat is not nice as u can get bullied for it
Posted by live_laugh_love 3 years ago
live_laugh_love
Posted by PeriodicPatriot 3 years ago
PeriodicPatriot
A boy last year says that if you were fat when you were a kid, you would be skinny when you grow up and if you were skinny as a child, you would be fat when you grow up... he is so stupid.
Posted by Gubernaculum 3 years ago
Gubernaculum
Yes, originally the title was "Being overweight is better than being underweight" but for the sake of appeal I changed it to the current title.
Posted by Gold 3 years ago
Gold
Are you defining "skinny" as having a BMI that falls in the category of underweight?